Published on October 15, 2014
1. Hacking the Social Web Mary Ellen Bates BatesInfo.com Oct. 26, 2014
2. Tweeting this? @mebs #internetlibrarian @mebs 2
3. Social networks are…. A waste of time An invasion of privacy Not allowed by my employer Self-promotion machines For my friends, not the public Just not my thing @mebs 3
4. Don’t worry... just be smart! @mebs 5
5. Facebook @mebs 6
6. LinkedIn @mebs 7
7. Twitter @mebs 8
8. Google Plus Create “circles” of friends, family, acquaintances, people you follow Post to specific circles plus.google.com/settings Scroll down to “Profile” @mebs 9
9. @mebs 10
10. Social search strategies @mebs 11
11. Social search strategies Set privacy settings to “STUN” Try several approaches Forget comprehensive searching @mebs 12
12. Social search strategies Search groups as well as individuals Use Advanced Search (LinkedIn, Twitter) Make a case for premium accounts @mebs 13
13. What are you researching? People Opinions Leads to other info Professional development @mebs 14
14. Searching for individuals What do you want? Background? Reputation? Relationships? LinkedIn Best chance of professional background Recommendation inflation View a person’s connections @mebs 15
15. Searching for individuals Twitter Good for reputation (retweets) Twitter and Facebook Good way to find (public) relationships @mebs 16
16. Searching for individuals Use nicknames Use “phrase * search” in Google + ex: “Lisa * Green” Know the syntax: Facebook: “People named xxx who live in xxx” @mebs 17
17. Look for anomalies Does the name match the account URL? @mebs 18
18. Getting opinions LinkedIn Use Advanced Search for prior employees Twitter and Google Plus #hashtags @mebs 20
19. Finding the next source Look for groups of experts on LinkedIn & Facebook Facebook search: Librarians who like Evernote Thai speakers who live in Denver @mebs 21
20. Finding the next source Look for tweets with links Topsy, IceRocket have “Links” filters Twitter search: keywords filter:links @mebs 22
21. Professional development LinkedIn Remember privacy settings! Twitter Use dashboard – HootSuite, TweetDeck Monitor conference via live-tweeting Be selective in who you follow @mebs 23
22. Hacks for each network @mebs 24
23. LinkedIn’s Advanced People search @mebs 25
24. ID info pros to consult @mebs 26
25. Find LinkedIn “hidden” updates @mebs 27
26. Twitter search hacks Look for engagement min_retweets:n min_faves:n Millennials (brands OR marketing) min_retweets:5 @mebs 29
27. Find Tweets w/ links to a URL Find any tweets that link to a site Track mentions of a press release Twitter syntax: the.URL Example: ello.co facebook @mebs 30
28. Facebook hacks Restaurants in Minneapolis liked by people who work at Cargill Xxx’s liberal (conservative, Democratic, etc.) friends @mebs 31
29. Google+ Communities Check out its Communities: Libraries and Librarians Google Search Advanced Power Searching with Google plus.google.com/communities @mebs 32
30. Ello.co The anti-Facebook? We don’t data-mine you We don’t have ads We’ll charge a “very small amount of money” for special features Mostly visual content now
31. Geo-located information echosec.net lets you find images taken at a location Want to look inside the Naval Postgrad School? @mebs 34
32. Inside the Naval Postgrad School @mebs 35
33. From my neighbor’s house Posted by her daughter from NY @mebs 36
34. Reluctant-entrepreneur. com 37
35. You can reach me at mbates@BatesInfo.com +1 303 772 7095 BatesInfo.com, Reluctant-Entrepreneur.com Twitter: @mebs LinkedIn: maryellenbates Facebook: maryellenbates Google +: +maryellenbates BatesInfo.com 38
http://ecommerce-for-business.com/shackles-boats-theboatonlinestore/ We offer a ...
Pretty similar to gold bars are these silver slabs. Silver is considered as the mo...
If you are an investor of gold bars and coins, one of the major things that you ou...
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 21st 2014
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 28th 2014
Ich wurde gerade als Grüner Unterstützer aufgenommen! Lieber Thomas! Vielen Dank für dein Interesse UnterstützerIn der Grünen zu werden. Wir haben in ...
Dies ist der persönlich Blog von Thomas Lohninger. Geboren 23. Dezember 1986 in Wien. Ich verstehe mich als Mensch mit vielfälltigen Interessensgebieten ...
Hacking and Social Networks - Social networks can make you vulnerable to hackers if you share too much information. ... How Online Social Networks Work.
On March 21st 2014 we had a panel discussion about net neutrality in the European Parliament. It was two weeks before the vote in plenary about the Telecom ...
Social Hacking. 7,133 likes · 17 talking about this. Investigating privacy and security issues in online social networking...
A successful social engineer has to have a wide set of ... LinkedIn users’ data on sale on the dark web. The life of a social engineer: Hacking the human.
Le « Hacking social » ne revient-il pas à une forme de manipulation ? ... Pingback: Un site web à découvrir : Hacking social ...
Every brand seems to be obsessed with social media ... 14 social media hacks from the ... for engagement growth and hacking the ...
The Hacker News — leading source of Information Security, Hacking News, Cyber Security, Network Security with in-depth technical coverage of issues and ...
Web attacks in 2006 caused many companies to rethink their security. This article discusses those attacks and statistics relating to web hacking.