Published on October 28, 2018
1. GROOMING ETIQUETTES “There are few times in your life when it isn’t too melodramatic to say that your destiny hangs on the impression you make.” - Barbara Walters By Anmol Bhasin Group Trainer T R Sawhney Motors Pvt. Ltd.
2. Personal Qualities Required For Working in the Retail Industry
3. Qualities for working in Retail Industry • Ready Smile • Confidence • Eye Contact • Good Posture and Body Language • Excellent Grooming • Pleasing Personality • Good Hygiene • Mingle with everyone • Extrovert Character • Good Communication Skill • Readiness in any situation
5. What is “Grooming” Importance of Personal Grooming Relation between personal appearance and image Projection It is the process of making yourself look neat and attractive. The things which you do to make yourself and your appearance tidy and pleasant.
6. Appearance • Appearance Clothes and manners do not make the man; but, when he is made, they greatly improve his Appearance •Whether this is real or imaginary the most important fact is that your appearance influences the opinions of everyone around you •Your Professionalism, intelligence and the trust people form in you is mainly due to your appearance
7. Perceptions people form Some of the perceptions people can form solely from your appearance are: • Your professionalism. • Your level of sophistication. • Your intelligence. • Your credibility.
8. Personal Grooming habits Grooming involves all the aspects of your body: •Overall Cleanliness Hair. •Nails. •Teeth. •Uniform/attire •Make-up
9. Personal Grooming Habits •Hair It is your crowning glory. •Keep it at a length and style at which you can maintain it. •Wash your hair at least once a week.
10. Hair styles - Males •Not fall over the ears, eyebrows or even touch the back of the collar •Will always present a neat appearance. •Facial hair should be neat. •Trimmed moustache, sideburns Beards are not recommended
11. Hairstyles – Females •Tie your hair in a neat hairstyle with hair pulled back from face. •Hair if longer than jaw line should be tied into a bun. •Should be well groomed with a neat appearance at all times •Hair holding devices should be plain and of natural colours
12. Nails •Clip nails short, along their shape. •A healthy body ensures healthy nails. •Brittle or discolored nails show up deficiencies or disease conditions.
13. Teeth •Brush teeth twice a day and rinse well after every meal. •Remember to rinse your mouth after every meal •For those who smoke it is important you rinse your mouth after every smoke and use a mouth freshener
14. Uniform •Your uniform talks a lot about your organization. •First impressions are made within the first 5 minutes of meeting someone •A neat clean and well ironed uniform is acceptable and appreciated by one and all at all times.
15. Uniform Your Id-Tags are also an important part of your uniform
16. Make-up : Women •Makeup should be natural looking. •Nail polish and lip color should not be too trendy or bright. •Mild fragrance. •Women: stay away from extremely dark, bright reds and fluorescent colors.
17. Make-up : Women •Hair color should not be more than one or two •shades darker or lighter than your natural hair color. •Unnatural colors (burgundy, green, etc.) must be avoided.
18. Accessories : Women •Jewelry, when tastefully worn, is always an asset to your outfit. •A beautiful pin or a favorite bracelet can add to your outfit and can help you feel comfortable. •Be cautious of wearing dangling earrings unless they are small. Also, do not wear multiple earrings. •Leave the nose rings, eyebrow rings, lip rings and other piercing at home.
19. Accessories :Males •Men should limit accessories/jewelry to 3 pieces •Accessories include watch, ring, handkerchief •A dress watch should be worn, avoid athletic styles. •The wristwatch worn should be of a conservative design with a plain and a simple face and fitted band. •Avoid bracelets, necklaces, and visible piercing •Kada can be worn
20. Other Accessories •Turbans for Sikh should be ideally black in color, but a different color can be worn depending on color of dress / suite. Turban must be well tied. •The spectacles must be simple in design and not ornate. The frame should fit the face of the wearer and should be neither oversized nor undersized. Bright colors are not permitted.
21. Accessories :Women •Jewelry should be keep minimal and conservative •Remove all facial piercing except earrings One ring of a simple design may be worn in each hand. •The 5 Piece Rule: •Earrings count as 2 •watch counts as 3 •Additional accessories 2
22. Accessories :Women •Plain silver or gold chain may be worn. Pendants, medals or charms if worn on the neck must not be visible. •Only earring studs of a conservativ shape and style in silver, gold, pearl or semi precious stone may be worn. •Dangling earrings or loop style earrings may not be worn. •If a second earring is worn it should only be a stud not exceeding 0.2cm in diameter.
23. Shoes: Males •Lace up conservative shoes are the most appropriate. •Choose black, brown or burgundy shoes. Shoe color should match your trousers or be of a darker color. •Shoes should be in good condition and polished. •Socks should match the color of your suit and cover your calves. (Should be washed daily) •Belts should be in good condition and match the color of your shoes.
24. Shoes: Females •Shoes should be pumps or sling backs, do not wear shoes with open toes, open heel, or ankle straps. •Shoes should be of good quality leather. •Shoe color should be darker than your trouser. •Heels should be 1-2 inches; higher heels should be saved for after hours.
25. Let’s remember •A neat and clean uniform/clothes at all times. •Hair neatly tied up or cut. •No Bad breadth. •Clean and washed socks with polished shoes. •Well manicured hands . •Usage of a mild deodorant
26. Any Questions??
27. Thank You