Published on October 23, 2016
1. GST PROCEDURE (Goods and Service Tax)
2. GST is a single tax on the supply of goods and services, right from the manufacturer to the consumer. The final consumer will bare only the GST charged by the last dealer in the supply chain. It will replace all indirect taxes levied on goods and services by the Indian central and state governments.
3. PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING REGISTRATION • Application through GST common portal • Confirmation through email and sms to authorised signatory • Acknowledgement number would be generated and intimated to the applicant • Once the application is approved and GSTIN is generated, the same along with Login ID and temporary password will be sent to the authorised signatory • This credentials will be permanently used to Access the GST common portal subsequently.
4. PROCEDURE FOR MIGRATION OF PERSONS REGISTERED UNDER PREVIOUS LAW Should be granted registration in Form GST REG-21 on a provisional basis Submit application in Form GST REG-20 Incomplete information leads to cancellation of registration Form GST REG-22
5. If any amendment has to be done then the applicant must in 15 days of the change submit an application in Form GST REG-11 If the proper officer is satisfied then he will issue an order in form GST REG-12.
6. CANCELLATION OF GST REGISTRATION • Transfer or Discontinuation of business. • Change in the constitution of business. • The taxable person is no longer liable to be registered. • The registered person has contravened the provision of the act. • He under sec-8 has not furnished returns for 3 consecutive tax period. • Any person other than in sec-8 has not furnished returns for continuous 6 months. • Any person who has done voluntary registration under sec 19(3) has not commenced business within 6 months from date of registration. • Fraud Registration.
7. WHO IS REQUIRED TO REGISTER FOR GST NUMBER Any person with a taxable supply turnover over Rs.25 lakhs would be required to register for GST in India. The term person under GST law includes proprietorship, partnership firms, Hindu Undivided Family, Company, LLP, Society and any other legal entity.
8. • Interstate supply, irrespective of threshold limit. • Taxable persons. • Reverse charge. • Non-resident taxable persons. • Persons who are required to deduct tax under sec-37 (TDS). • Agents • Input service distributors supply of goods and services through electronic commerce operator other than branded services. • Every electronic commerce operator. • Aggregator who supplies service under his brand name or trade name. • Person who is registered under any previous law but exceeds the threshold limit.
9. 30 days from the date they become liable to register. Although input service distributor registered in the previous law is not required to re-register if he follows the procedure prescribed. Migration to GST registration.
10. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION FOR PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY Certificate of Incorporation MOA AOA PAN of the company List of directors Board resolution Identity proof of directors Address proof of directors
11. FOR LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP Certificate of incorporation LLP agreement PAN of the LLP List of partners Identity proof of partners Address proof of partners
12. FOR PROPRIETORSHIP PAN of the proprietor Address proof of the proprietor
13. CONCLUSION It is a single tax on supply of goods and services right from manufacturer to consumer. It will replace all the indirect taxes levied on goods and services by central and state government. Persons registered under previous law can migrate to GST.
14. THANK YOU