Published on December 15, 2016
1. GO Cashless D e m o n e t i z a t i o n 2 0 1 6 ( I N D I A) Presented by- Shubham Mongia
2. SCENERIO • 86% of the total cash was of Rs.500 & Rs.1000 • A total value of 16.42 lakh Crore • Most of the money is in Swiss Banks • India is at #3 for using cash as payments
3. Demonetization • Notes of Rs.500 & Rs.1000 Banned on 8th November • Hospitals, Petrol Pumps & Institutes were exempted for few days • No Deposits should be greater than 2.5 lakh • Exchange limit was set to 4000
4. After Effects Cons • Banks were flooded • Decline in GDP • Service sector Boomed with Recession • New Note of Rs.2000 Was instantly copied • Fake notes came to the Market • Unemployment Rate increased • Many People Died • Corruption in Banks
5. Cont.. PROS • Black money is Captured • Fake notes are Disposed • A lot of cash has been recovered • Market of eWallets Boomed
6. Going Cashless • eWallets are in trend • Paytm doubled its customer base • Government Promoting Cashless Economy • India moving toward Cashless Payments
7. Demonetization Savior or Disaster • Demonetization has shaken the country to the core, middle class segment is happy with the decision whereas upper class segment for obvious reasons is facing troubles. • However this decision will show its impact later on and cannot be judged right now.