Published on March 16, 2016
1. Global deployment of a core HR SaaS solution: Is it worth the effort? Joost van Daelen
2. Introduction YES, IT’S WORTH IT, BUT …
3. Essential ingredients Essential protection Essential color
4. Global paints, coatings and specialty chemicals company 4 €14.3 billion revenue (2014) 80+ countries ~46,000 employees ~200 production sites Leadership positions in many markets Revenue by Business Area 42% 19% 39% 15% 10% 37% 8% 26% 4% North America Latin America Mature Europe Emerging Europe Asia Pacific Other 39% 27% 34% Performance Coatings Decorative Paints Specialty Chemicals Operating income by Business Area Revenue by geographic region
5. 5 Support functions are transforming towards Global Business Services Decentralized functions Function reporting and alignment Shared Services Global Business Services Human Resources Information Management Finance Procurement (non product related)
6. 6Capital Markets Day 2015 Our case
7. We needed to improve quality of HR data Issue Impact Solution • Many processes, systems and data definitions • No global organizational structure • Employee data not visible to managers or employees • Legacy Global HR database inflexible and not up to date • Data inconsistency and errors • International managers lack overview of employee data • Workflows lack managerial lines • Low quality and speed of onboarding to systems • “Hidden data factory “ • One HR core, ‘real time’, including org structure • View access to managers and employees in all countries • Self service in 9 countries (70% of employees) • Automated reuse of data (no manual data intervention) • Data quality via HR Shared Services Not one system of record HR data not available SaaS solution: myHR
8. Value from creating a single source of employee data now (not tomorrow) Value from creating a single source of employee data 8 • Introduce standard way of working (shared services) • Harmonize processes (global unless) • One HR data source, connected to payroll we needed to increase speed as money and patience were running out, so we moved to: • Connecting to other global systems • Double data entry for small countries
9. The core HR system in the landscape: driving value delivery (blue are global systems) In Country Payroll myCareer Recruitment, Performance, Talent & Succession, Learn Expenses Financial Reporting FTE files Identity & Access Mgt Active Directory myHR Personnel Administration Organization Management myTime Time & leave data Time data collection (Time Clocks)
10. 10 Lessons learned
11. This is what we learned… 11 Double data entry is difficult, connecting to payroll is more difficult Only disrupt if you can bring something in return You can implement without consultants, but it’s a lot of work The environment is never stable Focus on data quality
12. and would have done differently 12 Payroll: more detailed strategy how to connect Benefits: control over downstream benefits projects External help: more and higher quality resources Change mgt: simplification and harmonization upfront Data Q: stronger central team to drive data quality
13. Global deployment of a core HR SaaS solution: Is it worth the effort? 13 Consider: All your data is with your vendor You rely fully on the solution and services of the vendor The more you integrate and reuse the data, the greater the lock in with that vendor. YES, IT’S WORTH IT, BUT …
14. 14 Next steps 1 2 3 Establishing a data quality mindset and understanding Evaluate our vendor and prepare roadmap for next steps Keep connecting our ‘core HR database’ to make the lives of our managers and employees easier
strategy can help bring clarity and focus to the deployment effort. ... Core HR deployments focus on global data standards ... SaaS HR solutions represent ...
... enterprises using SaaS HR say ... Why SaaS HR Software Is Ready ... had been using Sage North America's Abra HR solution. The on-premises deployment ...
SaaS for Core Financials, Anyone? ... Saugatuck expects that SaaS solutions for core finance and accounting ... Global Tax Optimization Is Worth the Effort;
For ApplicAtions Development & Delivery proFessionAls the Forrester Wave™: saas Hr management systems, Q4 2014 5 2014, Forrester research, inc ...
Home › HCM Solutions › Core HR ... Global reach – Employee Central Payroll is ... SuccessFactors named a leader in the Forrester Wave for SaaS HR ...
Utilize Collaborative Solutions’ global business consulting services ... SaaS Solutions for Global ... Our extensive global deployment experience ...
... Talent Administration software. Core HR encompasses the ... deployment method. SaaS applications ... of Empower Software Solutions, ...
Home › HCM Solutions › Core HR ... SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central goes beyond ... SuccessFactors named a leader in the Forrester Wave for SaaS HR ...
... deploying a stronger Workday solution, delivering leading HR services, ... Aon Hewitt can help. We use our expert global ... SaaS Is Changing the HR ...
Gianpaolo Carraro Fred Chong. Microsoft Corporation. October 2006. Applies to: Software as a Service (SaaS) Summary: The third article in our series about ...