Published on March 12, 2014
GIVE AND RESPOND TO INSTUCTIONS Write instructional steps that include explanatory notes/caution/warning/danger so that a reader is able to perform a task.
ILLUSTRATIONS AND WORDS
Directions on how to do something In a sequence of steps Written for an audience Can also be explanatory notes and cautions A SET OF INSTRUCTION S
1) Make sure steps proceed forward, with no backtracking. GREEN BLUE 1) Pick the product you want. 2) Agree to terms. 3) Choose your bank. 1) Choose your bank. 2) Pick the product you want. 3) Agree to terms.
2) Begin each step with an activeverb in imperative mood. Which one is an instruction? (A) The waste paper needs to be stored. or (B) Store the waste paper.
3) Use short sentences. 4) Write only one (1) instruction for each step. Instead of : Hang the banner and distribute the brochures. Why not? 1 )Hang the banner. 2 )Distribute the brochures.
5) Emphasize on CAUTIONS/ WARNINGS or DANGERS Cautions: Possibility of damage to equipment or materials. Warnings: Possibility of injury To people Dangers: Probability of injury or death to people.
6) Place explanation after the step (if you need an explanation) Make sure you don’t expose your computer to direct sun. Note: Strong heat might destroy the microchips. Explanation is an extension of the step it explains and written immediately after the step.
7) Finally, conduct a field test. Always field test your instructions by asking several people to try them out.
REFERENCES • www.eslflow.com • http://howto.wired.com/wiki/
GROUP TASK Imagine you are going to market a product. To market the product, you need to : i)Decide on a product you want to market. ii)Come out with instructions to use your product. Note: You may need to highlight the benefits of your product.
English Writing Lesson 2: How to Give Instructions in English. ... What sort of instructions can you give someone? How to make a cup of coffee?
The way we give instructions has a massive impact on how students respond to them. We can give the impression ... we expect them to respond positively.
VU21450 - Give and respond to short, simple verbal instructions and information On this page. Unit details; Assessment; Where to next? This unit describes ...
Course Title: Give and respond to a range of straightforward information and instructions Part A: Course Overview Program: C3311 Course Title: Give and ...
10 contoh to give and respond to instruction - 714726 ... Halo apa kabar?! Apakah anda memiliki permasalahan dalam mengerjakan tugas harian.
give and respond to instruction, invitation, prohibition | hanibi | give and respond to instruction, invitation, prohibition
National Element Code & Title: VPAU503 Give and respond to a range of straightforward instructions and informational texts. Element: 1. Interpret an ...
Accredited course unit/module details VPAU494 - Give and respond to short, simple verbal instructions and information
VU21466 - Give and respond to a range of straightforward information and instructions On this page. Unit details; Assessment; Where to next? This unit ...