Published on September 14, 2015
1. Getting Started with AtoM and Archivematica for Digital Preservation and Access Sarah Romkey, Systems Archivist, Artefactual Systems Presentation to Toronto Area Archivists Group, Sept. 11 2015 @atom / @archivematica / @ArchivesSarah
3. What is AtoM and how do I get started using it? • AtoM is a free and open source tool for archival description and management • It is built using archival standards (RAD, ISAAR, ISDIAH, Dublin Core, ISAD(G), PREMIS) • It can be used as a solo institutional instance or in a multi-repository environment • It is the choice of almost every provincial archives association in Canada (including Archeion).
4. How do I download/install AtoM? Do I have to install it to use it?
5. I already use Archeion. Why might I consider my own installation of AtoM?
6. We already have data in another system. Can it be migrated to AtoM?
7. Nothing personal, but I’m not fond of how AtoM looks. Can I change that?
8. I like AtoM but not how feature X, Y or Z works. Can that be changed?
9. What’s new in the latest version of AtoM?
10. What’s new in the -next- version of AtoM? When can we expect it to come out?
12. What is Archivematica and how do I get started using it? • Archivematica is a digital preservation platform that runs a variety of digital preservation tools to package digital content for long term preservation. • It is open source and freely available, like AtoM. • It follows the OAIS (Open Archival Information System) reference model very closely. • It is compliant with archival/digital preservation standards (OAIS, PREMIS, METS, Dublin Core)
13. How do I download/install Archivematica?
14. Uh, that sounds hard. Can Archivematica be hosted for me?
15. Why do I care about “digital preservation micro-services?” Why wouldn’t I just upload digital objects to a repository?
16. Does Archivematica store my digital objects? Where will be digital objects “live”?
17. How do I provide access to digital objects that I’ve preserved through Archivematica?
18. How automated is Archivematica? Am I going to sit at a computer for the rest of my career?
19. I… don’t.. even.. know where to start. Help?
21. Thanks! Let’s stay in touch. email@example.com https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/archi vematica https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ica- atom-users
... open-source digital preservation system. Home; ... Please see Processing configuration. ... Artefactual is the lead developer of Archivematica and AtoM.
Archivematica and the Open Source Mindset for Digital Preservation ... with AtoM (Access to ... an access. Archivematica is also integrated with ...
Getting Started ¶ This section ... , places, and digital objects ... Artefactual is the lead developer of Archivematica and AtoM. Access to Memory ...
Registration Open for 'Getting Started with Digital Preservation', 9th June, Loughborough
Digital Access and Preservation Archivist at The Henry Ford Past Digital Processing Archivist at The Henry Ford, Research Assistant at University of ...
Getting Started with cIRcle; Building ... UBC Library's Digital Preservation ... files uploaded to Archivematica • Archivematica produces access versions ...
Archivematica: open-source digital preservation system ... Add/edit PREMIS agents¶ Administrative users can add/edit PREMIS agents, which are recorded in ...
My main aim in getting involved in this project ... and enable users to access copies of born digital and ... AtoM is not perfect but we are ...
Getting Started on Your Research; See ... Open-source software for archives: Archivematica and ICA-AtoM Evelyn ... ICA-AtoM The digital preservation ...