Published on September 13, 2012
Getting more from TwitterBirdSong: Social Media Reconnaissance www.birdsongdtt.com
What is BirdSong?• Social Media Insights on demand• Identify key metrics of presence for any brand on Twitter, Facebook & Pinterest
Background• Most brands are using Twitter with competence• Like any marketing channel its use can be improved to deliver greater results• Whilst many brands skip straight to mentions and influence, we believe that an improved presence will help build strong foundations for growth• Using BirdSong we illustrate how brands can be improving their existing presence and strategy to improve engagement and results www.birdsongdtt.com
1. Understand your audience• How much do you know about your followers?• Have you ever asked your database for their Twitter account?• Have you ever asked your Twitter users if they have bought from you?• By understanding a little more about your followers, you could be gaining a lot more value form them www.birdsongdtt.com
• Understand more about your audience• Or those of your competition! www.birdsongdtt.com
2. Be there for the customer• Too many brands manage their Twitter account round their office hours• But what if your audience is more active after office hours?• If you are not paying attention, you could lose customers to smarter rivals www.birdsongdtt.com
Honda UK Tweet PatternsQuestion: When is the busiest day for car research & purchase?Is their Twitter presence aligned with this?
Selfridges Tweet PatternsQuestion: When is the busiest time for Selfridges online?Is their Twitter presence aligned with this?
EL AL TweetPatterns
British Airways Tweet PatternsQuestion: How many people fly at the weekend?
3. Engage, don’t broadcast• Twitter is NOT a broadcast medium• Make sure your Tweet stream is a good mix of tweets, replies and retweets• The more engaging your content, the more engagement you will receive www.birdsongdtt.com
Miele UK Tweet Mix
Sephora Tweet Mix
3. Follow Back• On average a brand follows between 10% and 30% of its followers• Some brands have in house algorithms for choosing whom to follow but many just don’t• Not all users know the .@ prefix . Without following a consumer, the brands may miss @ mentions.• Following a user shows your brand cares about their opinion www.birdsongdtt.com
4. Follow More• You can identify a potential audience through listening for brand or relevant mentions• However, if 40% all users never actually tweet, you are missing a % of the audience• By identifying users that follow your competitors or cross referencing them against other accounts will give you a better understanding of potential customers by their actions, not words• Some examples…
Follower overlap for BA & El Al By identifying the cross overyou can identify a potentially more valuable audience
5. Align your message!• Tweet streams need to be organic, delivering value to your followers• Successful tweet streams will also have some impact on search results• So don’t forget to mention what you do! www.birdsongdtt.com
Virgin Media www.birdsongdtt.com
El Al UKwww.birdsongdtt.com
Paralympics GB! www.birdsongdtt.com
Conclusion• These are 6 initial steps to improve your Twitter presence• By improving the efficiency of your Twitter profile you can achieve greater engagement and visibility• From greater engagement and visibility comes greater opportunities to generate reaction, growth and sales from your Twitter profile www.birdsongdtt.com
These insights and many moreare available atwww.birdsongdtt.com
Canvas Prints at Affordable Prices make you smile.Visit http://www.shopcanvasprint...
30 Días en Bici en Gijón organiza un recorrido por los comercios históricos de la ...
Con el fin de conocer mejor el rol que juega internet en el proceso de compra en E...
With three established projects across the country and seven more in the pipeline,...
Retailing is not a rocket science, neither it's walk-in-the-park. In this presenta...
These actions may be explained by the fact that 85% of Twitter users say they feel more ... brand increases awareness ... More relevant insights to inform ...
Feb. 14 is an ideal moment to connect with customers and prospects on Twitter. Here are four tips for joining ... shares insights and tips for ... Brand ...
Twitter Cards help you richly represent your content on Twitter. Now use analytics to measure ... Compliment your ad campaigns with more information ...
... Twitter rolls out ... brands will be getting a big data boost when it ... Twitter as customer service engine is getting a bit more powerful for ...
Listening & Insights. SocialBro Listening and ... Learn all the tips and tricks for getting our best ... need to best use Twitter in your business. Learn More.
Check out a few more hilarious Twitter ... As you start building your "brand" on Twitter, ... On November 6, 2013, Twitter set its final ...
... also “bloggs” at kevinrose.com. Ten Ways To Increase Your Twitter ... Got a tip ? Let us know. News ... platform, Twitter has more than ...
Sprout Social Insights is a social media blog for business with a focus on bringing you the latest social media tips, ... on Twitter, which means brands ...
Twitter Counter tracks statistics for over 180 million ... Sign Up for free to get a lot more insights and reports about your Twitter account. ... Brands ...
Daily Pulse: Google and Other ... Share on Twitter; ... but I needed more than Moore’s law.