Published on December 21, 2016
1. Genius Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar
2. Mix up a non-toxic, all-purpose cleaner.
3. Step aside, cleaning sprays, solutions, and wipes. There’s a new disinfectant in town. Actually, we kid, seeing as apple cider vinegar isn’t new at all. That said, if you haven’t tried using this common kitchen ingredient to help keep your home sparkling and clean, you’re missing out on a non-toxic, odor-absorbing, antibacterial alternative to harsh chemicals. Just mix one part apple cider vinegar with one part water, filter that into a spray bottle, and get to work.
4. Stamp out the stink in any room.
5. Stinky rooms don’t stand a chance against apple cider vinegar, which can take on all manner of smells from smoky cooking to funky bathrooms. To knock out smoky smells in particular, pour the apple cider vinegar into a shallow bowl and place it where the odor is strongest. Leave it out for as long as it takes for the smell to vanish.
6. Make your garden grow—without a single weed.
7. If your green thumb is lacking a little luster, you may want to enlist the aid of apple cider vinegar. It can be used as fertilizer (particularly on plants that love acids, like blueberry bushes and azaleas) and also as a weed killer. Pour it directly on weed-infested areas to stop the garden gremlins in their damaging tracks, and mix 10 ounces of apple cider vinegar (with a five percent acidity) with 10 gallons of water to fertilize soil. Pesticides need not apply.
8. Keep pets flea-free.
9. When you need to keep fleas away from your furry friends, turn to apple cider vinegar for the solution. Dilute it with water (one part of each) and rub the mixture into their fur and work it into their skin to repel those pesky pests. (Do be sure to check with your vet to make sure it’s safe for your pal.)
10. Do away with dandruff.
11. Stop being so flaky, already! With apple cider vinegar, it’s possible. Rinsing your strands with the stuff can actually nix dandruff by changing the pH of your scalp (which halts yeast growth, one of the main dandruff culprits). Plus, it gets rid of greasiness, itchiness, and irritation. Try combining a tablespoon or two in a glass of water and rinsing your hair with the mixture while you’re in the shower. To really target dandruff, combine a quarter-cup apple cider vinegar with a quarter-cup water, pour it into a spray bottle, apply the mixture to your scalp, and leave it on for up to an hour before rinsing.
12. Improve your complexion.
13. Fact: Perfect skin is always in. But that can be a bummer if you’re fighting acne. Take heart, there are plenty of weapons in your battle for clear pores. Though there’s doubt as to whether ACV is a dependable acne-fighter, it may at least kill the bacteria on the surface of your skin. Use it as an astringent (just dilute it and apply it to your face), or use it as a spot treatment to target blemishes. Holistic health experts also suggest taking it orally as well as adding it to an Epsom salt bath to help draw toxins and impurities out of your skin.
14. Swap out your deodorant.
15. Just as it can freshen up your bathroom, apple cider vinegar can also help keep B.O. at bay. Simply swipe some of it in your underarm area to fight odor-causing bacteria. And don’t worry: The vinegar smell evaporates, so you won’t go around smelling like a salad.
16. Get rid of warts.
17. Though we wish they were exclusive to wicked witches, warts can happen to anyone. When they rear their ugly heads, try using apple cider vinegar to kick this curse. Your plan of action: Douse a cotton ball in the vinegar and secure it to the affected area overnight.
18. Relieve burnt skin.
19. Between the stinging, peeling, and red-hot skin, there are few things worse than a really bad sunburn. Apple cider vinegar, to the rescue! Add about a cup of the good stuff to your bath water to help soothe the burn.
20. Fade ugly bruises.
21. Whether their arrival is a mystery (as in, where the heck did that come from?) or really strongly announced (ouch—that’ll leave a mark!), bruises hit us hard, and once they do, they linger. The solution? Fade the purplish-bluish hues by smoothing on some apple cider vinegar—its anti-inflammatory properties help minimize the painful-looking tint.
22. Whiten your teeth.
23. In case your pearly whites need a little brightening boost, turn to apple cider vinegar for the sparkling solution. As it turns out, working it into your teeth and then rinsing may lead to a whiter grin. You can also try using it as a mouthwash—dentists suggest combining two parts water to one part ACV and swishing it around for about a minute.
24. Thanks Healthyworld.in