Published on October 23, 2014
1. Creating a Culture of Innovation # F U T U R EM Harry West @hwest2020 Senior Partner Prophet
2. # F U T U R EM Creating a Culture of Innovation HARRY WEST, PROPHET @hwest2020
3. We help businesses grow better
4. by bridging the gap between strategy and execution
5. An always connected global network SAN FRANCISCO CHICAGO ATLANTA RICHMOND NEW YORK LONDON ZURICH BERLIN HONG KONG
6. to build brands transform experiences and grow businesses TRANSFORM CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES GROW BUSINESSES BUILD BRANDS
7. Bold Moves Growth comes from making the bold move first, and bold moves spring from a culture of innovation: listening more carefully outside and strategically pushing things further and faster inside.
8. Bold is how far you go
9. T-Mobile on their own 2011, the proposed merger with AT&T has been called off. It was not a good situation: Loosing 500K customers each quarter disproportionate share of non-profitable pre-paid customers brand “stuck in the middle.” Brand ratings down the drain Unmotivated work force
10. Customers are frustrated The conventional wisdom: • Network • Technology • Price • Service But qualitative research uncovered customers who were frustrated with their carriers.
11. FEB 2012 MAR 2013 SITUATION ASSESSMENT QUALITATIVE EXPLORATION QUANTITATIVE ANALYTICS BRAND STRATEGY DEFINITION SIGNATURE MOVE DEVELOPMENT CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE DESIGN STRATEGY BIG BANG LAUNCH!!! ACTIVATION KPI & METRICS SYSTEM Consumer centered, and highly analytical A brand centric effort that would reposition the company and impact every part of the customer experience. We were going to bet the ranch. We had to know that it would work. We had to prepare for success. PREPARATION
12. Consumer centered, and highly analytical We had to know that if set free, more people would run towards us than would run away from us. And in preparation, we had to make investments to maximize our advantage. T
13. Description & Strategic Rationale Economic Impact Customer Narrative Experience Imperatives Sequencing Roadmap • Description of Signature Move • Customer benefits & reasons to believe • Supporting Signature Move data points • High-level economic impact analysis based on potential impact on consideration • Concept ready for consumer research • Includes ACB, benefit statement, and RTBs • Key imperatives to serve as the north star for each stage in the customer experience • Guidance on how to evolve the Move over the next 12-18 months • Potential un-marketing ideas to include during each stage in the evolution CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF SIGNATURE TOUCH POINTS PREREQUISITES BEFORE CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT Development guide To create signature touch points and to keep the customer experience and offer development on strategy
14. The un-carrier strategy is born Without sacrificing existing strengths, we recast T-Mobile as a “consumer advocate,” the only brand in the wireless space with the interests of the customer at heart
15. 1 Simple Choice Plan A break from industry norms, the Simple Choice Plan eliminates restrictive annual contracts, taking pain and confusion out of the wireless experience. 2 Un-Beatable Prices on LTE Devices In tandem with the debut of its 4G LTE network service, T-Mobile will have several 4G LTE-capable devices available 3 Un-Congested 4G Network T-Mobile is moving at breakneck speed to expand the capabilities of its network 4 Un-leashed iPhone 5 With incredible new pricing and no annual contracts 4 bold moves Bringing the strategy to life at relevant stages of the customer journey.
16. Six months in: a signature move JUMP! Allows T-Mobile customers to upgrade their phone twice every 12 months, instead of once every two years. Customers have the same choice of models for the same prices as new customers and may replace any phone that’s been damaged or lost.
17. The un-carrier continues T-Mobile relentlessly continues to activate its new positioning through its offers and customer experience. Keeping the other carriers playing catch-up.
18. Leading the un-carrier A key part of the process was activating the positioning internally to turn T-Mobile’s employees into brand evangelists, beginning with CEO John Legere
19. Leading the industry stock price: x 2 Sales and revenue growing for the first time in 4 years Customer acquisition more than Verizon, AT&T and Sprint combined
20. Bold moves that win
21. Making Bold Moves Repeatable Analytical skills Consulting skills Empathetic skills Inspiration skills Creative skills
22. Interdisciplinary Model Culture Talent 1. shared language around creativity and problem solving 2. 3. Business Development 1. interdisciplinary account development process 2. 3. Work Delivery 1. flexible staffing model 2. 3.
23. A Culture of Innovation To change industries we have to uncover new ideas and creatively evolve them to be distinct and own-able. If it is not a natural evolution, then the ideas may not connect with customers, but if the ideas are not sufficiently evolved, then our clients cannot own them. To drive growth we have to constantly strive for a more perfect union of empathy, data, inspiration and client connection.
24. # F U T U R EM Creating a Culture of Innovation HARRY WEST, PROPHET @hwest2020
http://ecommerce-for-business.com/shackles-boats-theboatonlinestore/ We offer a ...
Pretty similar to gold bars are these silver slabs. Silver is considered as the mo...
If you are an investor of gold bars and coins, one of the major things that you ou...
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 21st 2014
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 28th 2014
FutureM 2014. Known as the must ... MITX’s FutureM brings together marketing and technology innovators to ... Room 157 A-C Creating a Culture of ...
View 861 Creating A Culture Of Innovation posts, presentations, experts, and more. Get the professional knowledge you need on LinkedIn.
2. 2004 – Materials budget for E-resources 45K 2004-5 – Luna Insight (Fine Art Images) 2006 – CONTENTdm & Link Resolver (SFX) 2008 – ERIS ...
1. creating a culture for innovation #bytebreakfast 383project.com . 2. without a doubt we’ve invented the thing. ever. single, greatest, most important ...
Make change a part of the culture. Innovation is all about change. Creating a culture that is not only not ... December 2014 (5) November 2014 (8 ...
We're back from FutureM and INBOUND! ... Boston’s two-in-one marketing innovation ... of real-time marketing every time a new crisis or pop culture event ...
This includes the MITX team, who runs FutureM ... We truly appreciate their expertise and help in creating a ... Amy joined MITX in May of 2014 ...
... I attended MITX’s FutureM conference, ... How can you foster a culture of innovation w ithin a ... The Massachusetts Innovation & Technology ...