Published on October 31, 2018
1. From Click to Customer How to optimize ads, landing pages, and outreach to convert more leads
2. Your lecturers for today’s class Bogdan Zlatkov Content Marketing Manager Lauren Alt Marketing Campaigns Manager Ginny Tonkin Associate Product Marketing Manager
3. Today’s Agenda 3 Optimizing your follow up 1 Optimizing the click 2 Optimizing your conversion rate 4 Q&A and Survey Results
4. Many different ways to run ABM Articles App downloads Blog posts Books Podcasts Free Trials Guides Case Study Video Tutorial Direct Mail Events Landing Pages Field Marketing Display Advertising Pay Per Click LinkedIn Sales Email Cold Call Offer ChannelAudience North America Prospects EMEA Prospects CMOs v Manager level Uses competitor Active Customers Anonymous Web Traffic Churned Customers Analysts Pick one from each column
5. Many different ways to run ABM Articles App downloads Blog posts Books Podcasts Free Trials Guides Case Study Video Tutorial Direct Mail Events Landing Pages Field Marketing Display Advertising Pay Per Click LinkedIn Sales Email Cold Call Offer ChannelAudience North America Prospects EMEA Prospects CMOs v Manager level Uses competitor Active Customers Anonymous Web Traffic Churned Customers Analysts Pick one from each column
6. Getting the Click Advanced Ad Tactics
7. Types of Ads 4 Types of ads: ● Company ● Content ● Customized ● Persona
8. Types of Ads Company: ● Your baseline ● Broad appeal
9. Types of Ads Content: ● Promotes your content ● Addresses specific need
10. Simple Customized Ads
11. Simple Customized Ads Using CRM Connectors
12. Simple Customized Ads Ad Unit CPA down 42% vs test
13. Pulse Quiz What kind of customization do you currently run in your ads? A) We don’t run custom ads B) We run industry specific ads C) We run company specific ads D) We run person specific ads
14. Persona-based Ads Small tweaks for big wins
15. Call them out by name Appeal to their goals Grabbing their attention With CRM Data Without CRM Data
16. Persona based ads Generic
17. Persona based ads Marketing PersonaSales Persona CMO Persona
18. ABM Program: Outbound Assist for All - in one slide ConsiderationAttract LiveOnboardingProposal CMO Persona Marketing Manager Persona Sales Persona Generic - General idea of who we want to reach - Using Persona-based targeting - Don’t have CRM data yet
19. ABM Program: Outbound Assist for All - in one slide ConsiderationAttract LiveOnboardingProposal CMO Persona Marketing Manager Persona Sales Persona Generic - Have contact data - Using CRM targeting
20. ABM Program: Outbound Assist for All - in one slide ConsiderationAttract LiveOnboardingProposal CMO Persona Marketing Manager Persona Sales Persona Generic - Prospect showing high intent - Use account-based retargeting - Trying to reach the full buying committee
21. Improve over time - measure and see impressions in SFDC
22. Improving your conversion rates Landing Page Optimization
23. Pop Quiz What is the average PPC conversion rate? A) 3% B) 9% C) 16% D) 25%
24. The Landing Page Is Where Conversion Happens Revenue Bottom line: You must own the post-click experience. Conversions Leads Clicks
25. Active landing pages on Instapage convert at an average rate of 22% — 6X lift in leads for the same budget. 3.75% Average Conversion Rate 22% Instapage Conversion Rate
26. Websites vs. Landing Pages A website is an exploratory experience for learning more about a company, products, people, and services. A landing page is a standalone page that people reach after clicking a link in an ad, social media post, or search result.
27. Websites An exploratory user experience for learning more about a company, products, people and services. Exploratory Best for when target user is in consideration phase and wants more information. Unfocused Multiple opportunities for users to take different types of action. Very Low Conversions Homepage traffic converts around 3%.
28. Example: Lyft Best for when a visitor has existing brand awareness, or is in the consideration phase of the buying cycle.
29. Landing Pages A natural extension of your digital advertising. Purpose To funnel the visitor toward a single action. No navigation. No distractions. Focused One product, one service, one action. Every promotion needs a post-click experience. Single CTA. Higher Conversions Instapage landing pages average a 22% conversion rate.
30. Example: Lyft Customizes the value proposition for the user. Focused and message aligned. Natural extension of the ad.
31. 44% of clicks for B2B companies are directed to a homepage, not a landing page. With only 22% satisfied with their conversion rates, 78% of businesses are creating poorly designed landing pages they fail to optimize. The median conversion rate for Adwords is actually 2.35%. A full quarter of accounts have conversion rates of 1% or less. What Companies Spend $92 – Driving Traffic $1– Customer Experience
32. Every Campaign Needs Its Own Page Companies with 10 to 15 landing pages see a 55% increase in leads. Companies with >40 landing pages get 12X than companies who have created <5 or less landing pages.
33. Post-Click Optimization Best Practices It’s easier to convert a click that you already have than to acquire a new click.
34. Promoted Banner Ad Landing Page Create Matching Experiences
35. Personalize for Segmented Audiences
36. Understand How Visitors Engage
39. Start Small. Refine Progressively. • Start with a minimum viable page. • Incrementally refine the process. • Don’t try to do it all at once.
40. • What – Hero Section • Why – Benefits • How – Features • Who – Testimonials Start Small. Refine Progressively.
41. Thank You For Your Time For more on Instapage: Cheers to your future success and better marketing! instapage.com/enterprise
42. Enabling your sales reps Follow Up Optimization
43. Pulse Quiz How many of your marketing leads get followed-up with by a sales rep? A) All of them! B) 75% or more C) Less than 75% D) I’m not sure
44. Top 3 Reasons Why Your Sales Reps Aren’t Following Up With Your Leads 1. They don’t know they exist 2. Missing context/ unsure what action to take 3. Assumptions about leads
45. Tip #1: Automate the Mundane ● Is there a repeatable process that needs to happen? ● Can you scale your current workflow?
46. Tip #1: Automate the Mundane- Highest Priority Leads Fills out Form Process & Sync Route Lead Trigger Outreach Drop in Sequence Email Sent MARKETING AUTOMATION CRM SALES ENGAGEMENT Total Processing Time: ~2
47. Lead Scanned Add to SFDC Campaign MA sends Thank You email MA stamps field: OK to prospect Outreach Trigger Fires Step #1: Sales Customer? yes no Dreamforce Auto-Follow Up
48. Lead Scanned Add to SFDC Campaign MA sends Thank You email MA stamps field: OK to prospect Outreach Trigger Fires Step #1: Auto- email Customer? yes no Dreamforce Auto-Follow Up 1.6x ROI!
49. Tip #2: Make Marketing Information Accessible
50. Tip #3: Be Prescriptive ● Our work doesn’t stop after the handoff! ● Follow-up sequence always provided ● A/B testing ● Implement sales nurturing
51. Sales Nurturing Most critical time
52. Sales Nurturing Sales Nurturing
53. Tip #4: Encourage Feedback & Questions Positive Feedback Not As Positive Feedback
54. Recap ● Enable sales team to do what they do best...sell! ● Keep communication flowing ● Encourage questions and feedback