Published on March 7, 2014
Food & Beverage Presented by , SHAJI
BANQUET • This is a pre booked catered event. • The guest has to previously decide on a banquet venue within the hotel premises or outside ,decide on the menu,prices • Booking is done through the telephone • A function prospectus is drawn up by the department and the entire function is organized as per the hosts request • Menu choice to be given 2-5 days in advance
• Guest may participate in the function only by invitation from the host who is responsible for footing the entire bill • Booking will be noted in the banquet reservation dairy • Booking can be subjected to amendments
• It can be informal , formal ,conference Meeting
COFFEE SHOP • A coffee shop is an establishment which primarily serves coffee and other hot beverage • It shares some of characteristics of a bar, restaurant • But it is different from cafeteria • Coffee shop focus on providing coffee and tea as well as light snacks • It works on 24 * 7 • Services is good
ROOM SERVICE • This is the service of items of food and beverages to the guest room by a waiter • Room Service is a type of service which is provided by all hotels • The guest may place an order over the telephone ,which is noted by room service order taker and later served to the guest room • Room service is also known as “in room dining “
• Room service boy will present the food and beverage to the guest • The guest will sign the room service bill • First copy for the room service and second copy sent to the reception • Room service boy will take the kot and will proceed to the kitchen for the food and to the bar for beverage • Room service will be operating round the clock • The service is either done by using a trolley or by using a room service tray
ROOM SERVICE TROLLEY TRAY
SPECIALITY RESTAURANT • The Entire atmosphere and décor are geared to a particular type of food or theme • Thus restaurant offers chinese,japanese and Indian cuisine would be termed as “specialty restaurant “ • Those restaurant which serve a special kind ,special cuisine food only the appearance of restaurant will be matching to that cuisines
TYPES OF HOTEL GUEST • Hotel guests can be classified according to their: • Trip purpose pleasure or business travellers • Numbers Independent or group travellers • Origin Local or overseas travellers
• Pleasure Travellers They are individuals who travel to engage in leisure activities, outdoor recreation, relaxation, visiting friends and relatives or attending sports or cultural events. • Corporate Business Travellers They are individuals whose frequent bookings are usually made by companies with reduced room rates. Business travellers travel to conduct business, attend business meetings or workshops, and engage in selling or purchasing products.
• Free independent Travellers (FITs) They are sometimes referred to as "foreign independent travellers". FITs are international tourists who purchase their own accommodation and make their own travel arrangements. • Group Inclusive Tours (GITs) Tourists who travel together on package tours with accommodation and sometimes meals which are booked through travel agencies. Group tourists tend to spend less and budget their spending allowance
• Domestic Tourists They are local residents who stay at a hotel for special occasions and functions. • Conference Participants Individuals who travel to attend conference and whose accommodation is usually reserved by himself/herself, his/her company or a conference organiser before their arrival.
• Very Important Persons (VIPs) Very important persons may include celebrities, frequent-stay guests, guests in expensive rooms, guests with security risks and top executives from companies. • Incognito They are guests who stay in a hotel with concealing identities so as to avoid notice and formal attention
OUTLETS 1.Sumathy Sweets & Coffee 2.Hotel Aarthi Alagammai Mahal 3.Hotel Hemala Upper Deck Bar
SUMATHY SWEETS & COFFEE SHOP • Sumathy Sweets & Coffee shop Has Been Started Since 1977 • We have 3 Branches In Karur • Quick Services • Quality Foods • Menu card Type was A La Carte • In Our Coffee Shop we have Cool and Hot Coffee Available • Shop Opens At 9 A.M To 11 P.M
HOTEL AARTHI ALAGAMMAI MAHAL • Hotel Aarthi was opened in the year 1980 • We Have Two Branches One is from Karur and Another is From Madurai • We Are Having Alagammai Marriage Hall • A/c Hall With Seating Of 600 Members With Dinning Facility • Have Projectors And Music Systems • Opens At 9 A.M To 10 P.M • Have CCTV Security System
HOTEL HEMALA BOTTOM UP UPPER DECK BAR • Hotel Hemala Bottoms Up – Upper Deck Bar Exclusive Place For Comfort • Plush And tastefully done exclusive Longue Bar • An Ideal Place to Entertain business associates • It Operates Under License • A La Carte Menu Type • Serves Alcoholic Beverages • Opens At 7 P.M To 11 P.M
OVERVIEW OF TABLE THINGS
pepper mill White wine glass water goblet toothpick holder salt and pepper shakers red wine glass sugar bowl flower vase
Table set for luncheon
Toothpick holder Salt and pepper shakers Butter dish Dinner knife dinner fork escargot fork escargot tongs service fork and spoon salad/ dessert fork Soup spoon Butter knife Dessert spoon Fish knife Salad/ dessert knife
Flower Vase Soup Bowl Soup Cup & Saucer Entrée plate Dessert Salad Dinner Pasta Bread and Butter Plate
Milk jug Coffee cup & Saucer Sugar bowl Demi-tasse cup and saucer coffee pot Hot water pot tea pot
Champagne flutefute Champagne flutefute Margarita glass Martini glass Pilsner glass Special cocktail glass Irish Coffee
Champagne flute Wine glass Port glass Balloon glass Liqueur glass Water goblet
Cocktail shaker Ice bucket and tongs Measuring jug Boston Shaker Jigger zester Wine stopper wine pourer wine bottle opener Hawthorne strainer ice scoopbar knife & spoon
COURSE MENU • Soupe De Tomate PRICE $20 Sliced creamy tomato ,Sauce • Puis je avoir le poulet frit s'il vous plait Fried Rice , Baked Stuff Chicken pieces , ,Lime, Sauce Vegetables ,Egg • Cake au chocolat Creamy Choco Cake , strawberry ,Nuts • Seasonal fresh fruit salad with lime mint syrup • Tea Or Coffee With butter Cookies
MENU FOR LUNCH • TOMATO SOUP (STARTER) • FRIED RICE AND CHICKEN (MAIN COURCE ) • CHOCOLATE CAKE (SWEET COURCE )
TOMATO SOUP • Tomato soup is a soup made from tomatoes • It may be served hot or cold and can be in many styles • It may be smooth in texture but there are recipes includes chunks (or small pieces)of tomato,cream and or chicken stock • Tomato soup is the one of the top comfort foods in poland and united states • French name for tomato soup is Soupe De tomate
INGREDIENTS • 5 Tomatoes • 5 Glass of Water • 2 glass of milk • 1 spoon of flour • 2 spoon of butter • A pinch of salt • A bunch of parsley
STEPS TO MAKE SOUP • First we should wash our tomatoes • Slice them into small pieces • Open the oven and pour the flour • Butter into the pan and mix them • After a minute we should add the milk slowly • Should add our sliced tomatoes to the mixture and mix a while to cook the tomatoes
• Should add waters to the mixture and keep mixing for 5 minutes • While waiting we should wash parsley and slice it into small pieces • Should pour our soup into a small bowls and put parsley on them • Start to serve • Enjoy the starter tomato soup
CHICKEN FRIED RICE or PUIS JE AVOIRO LE OUTLET FRIT S‘IL VOUS PLAIT
INGREDIENTS • Chicken fried rice is a popular dish • Chicken – 2kgs (Bone less) • 1 cup bread crumbs • 2 table spoon butter • 2 eggs well beaten • 1 cup of vegetables • 2 Cup basmati Rice
STEPS TO MAKE CHICKEN FRIED RICE • Add 2 cups (370g) of white basmati rice Place the lid on the rice pot and turn the temperature to low. Allow it to simmer for 20 minutes • Dice boneless, skinless chicken breasts into small pieces. Season them with salt and pepper • Pour 2 to 3 tbsp(30 to 44ml) of vegetable oil into a large frying pan or wok. Turn the burner on to medium or medium high heat • Place the chicken in the frying pan
• Saute it until it is cooked all the way through. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon • Cover the bowl of chicken so that it will retain its heat • Dice 1 small onion and 2 garlic cloves • Add the onion, frozen peas and frozen carrots to the hot frying pan. Stir them with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes, until soft • Whisk 3 large eggs in a small bowl • Make a space in the frying pan to scramble the eggs. Put a few drops of oil on the pan if it looks dry • Stir Fry the Rice
• Add the cooled rice to the pan • Stir in the cooked chicken • Add 1/4 cup (59ml) of soy sauce to the pan or wok • Stir well, frying and mixing all the ingredients as you cook • Stir fry until no liquid remains in your frying pan and the rice is golden brown • Garnish with sliced green onions • Serve Happily
CHOCOLATE CAKE • French Name - cake au chocolat
INGREDIENTS • 1 1/2 cup (192 grams) flour • 1 cup (201 grams) sugar • 1/2 teaspoon (7 grams) salt • 1 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda • 3 tablespoons (43 grams) cocoa • 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vinegar • 6 tablespoons (90 ml) oil • 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla essence or 2 tsp. (2ml) vanilla extract (optional) • 1 cup (200 ml) water • 2 eggs
STEPS TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CAKE • Sift the dry ingredients together • The dry ingredients are: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa. Simply place everything in a sifter and shake it back and forth over a bowl to eliminate the clumps • Stir in the liquid ingredients and stir well • These are the vinegar, oil, vanilla, water and egg • Some people like to add these ingredients individually, but others stir them together in a second bowl
• Before adding them to the dry ingredients • Pour the mixture into an 8-inch greased and floured round pan • The grease and flour will keep the mix from sticking to the pan • Bake at 350 degrees F. (175 C.) for 30 minutes • Let the cake cool for 5 minutes. • Frost as desired • Happy To Serve
CUTLERY • Lunch Spoon • Lunch Fork • Dessert Spoon • Dessert Fork • Knife • Joint Fork
CROCKERY • Lunch Plate • Chinese Plate • Salad Bowl • Cruet Set • Sauce Set • Cup Set • Flower Vase
GLASS WARE Glass ware consist of water glass, wine glasses and beer mugs TABLE NAPKIN Some of the linen are waiter’s cloth, table cloth and napkins
INFLIGHT KITCHEN FLOW CHART
KITCHEN DESIGNS Chinese kitchen Western kitchen
Hotel Kitchen Floor Plan
HEALTH & SAFETY STANDARDS • Hazard analysis and critical control points is a systematic preventive approach to food safety and pharmaceutical safety • To help maintain high hygeine standard • Major factors affecting the hygenic quality of food are the size of operation • Many flight kitchens now use the hazard analysis critical control point system
• Using frozen meals reduces the critical limits within which the bacterial growth may occur • Flight kitchen normally use a cook chill system that is blast chilling • Food storage and preparation of serving takes place in aircraft galleys • Cleanliness is the absence of dirt including dust ,stains, bad smells and garbage • A clean flight kitchen will serve a hygenic food to the customer
BENEFITS • Improved food safety • Increasing marketing access • Enhanced process control
METHODS OF HACCP
SEQUENCE OF 12 STEPS HACCP 1. Assemble HACCP team 2. Describe product 3. Identity intended use 4. Construct process flow and plant schematic 5. On site verification of flow and schematic 6. List hazards associated with each process step (principle #1)
7. Apply HACCP decision tree to determine CCP’s (Principle #2) 8. Establish critical limits (Principle #3) 9. Establish monitoring procedures (Principle #4) 10. Establish deviation procedures (Principle #5) 11. Establish verification procedures (Principle #6) 12. Establish record keeping/documentation for principles 1 - 6 (Principle #7)
CRITICAL CONTROL POINT (CCP) • A Critical Control Point (CCP) is an identifiable point in the production chain where a hazard may occur • Action is taken to prevent the hazard from occurring • A CCP can be used to control more than one hazard – refrigeration storage CCP • Pathogenic bacteria can be killed during cooking • parasites can be killed by freezing
ALCOHOLIC AND NON ALCOHOLIC BEVERGES • ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE – WINE • NON ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE – TEA
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE – WINE
HISTORY • Wine has been around over 5,000 years, the first mention of wine in history is in the bible with Noah • In Medieval Europe the Christian church became a staunch supporter of wine • Because it was necessary to celebration of catholic mass • Two classic methods of wine one is white and another is red wine
RED WINE MAKING PROCESS • Grapes are harvested in the fall • Grapes are crushed ,stems are removed • Crushed grapes ,juice ,skins and seeds are put into a tank • Yeast is added • Grapes go through fermentation(this is where red wine gets its color and tannin) • Cap of skins are pushed down or pumped over
• When fermentation is complete ,wine is pressed off the skins • Wine is pumped into barrels to age • Wine is periodically racked • Wine is blended • Wine is fined and filtered • Wine is bottled • Wine temperature is 16Degree C - 18 Degree C
CRUSHING OF GRAPES STEM REMOVER CRUSHER
THE FERMENTATION PROCESS • Fermentation is a furious chemical reaction during which carbon di oxide gas and heat are thrown off • The yeast begins to convert the grapes sugar into alcohol,carbon di oxide bubbles up from the mass and pushes the skin to the surface • The skins contains the wine’s color tannin as well has compound that become aromas and flavors • Once the sugar has become alcohol,the wine si considered dry and then is pressed
FERMENTATION PROCESS THE CAP PUNCH DOWN
BLENDING & FINING • Blending is when a winemaker will take multiple batches of wine and blend them together to get desired taste, before bottling • Fining agents are used during winemaking to remove tannins reduce astringency, and remove microscopic particles that cloud the wines • Gallatin has been used in wine making for centuries and is recognized as a traditional method for wine fining or clarifying • It is also the most commonly used agent to reduce tannin content
BLENDING & FINING BLENDING FINING
TYPES OF WINE • Red Wine • White Wine • Rose Wine • Sparkling Wine • Fortified Wine • Dessert Wine
BRAND NAMES OF WINE • Gallo • Concha Y Toro • Yellow Tail • Robert Mondari • Hardys • Beringer • Sutter Home • Blossom Hill • Lindeman’s • Jaxob’s Creek
WINE MANUFACTURING COUNTRIES • France • Portugal • Italy • Brazil • Spain • United States • China • Argentina • Australia • South Africa • Germany • Japan • Switzerland • New Zealand • Greece • Russia
PROCEDURE FOR SERVING WINE
PROCEDURE FOR SERVING WINE • Bottle is presented to the host • After approval,it is taken at the sideboard far from where the host is seating • Foil to be removed completely from the neck • Bottom edge to be sliced off by turning head around the neck • Open the bottle using corkscrew • Neck to be wiped with clean cloth to remove residue
• Cork to be taken off neatly • Wine is decanted in a decorative container to breathe & to remove residues • A small amount is poured onto host’s glass to approve • After approval it is poured clockwise with the Ladies first & Host last • Wine to be poured in the centre of the glass • All the glasses to be filled till half way mark
NON ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE - TEA
MANUFACTURING PROCESS OF TEA • Tea is picked during the “flush” or growth phases of the tea bush. in India these growth period occurs during December and January • But It is all year round in srilanka.april onwards is the best period for the china Teas • For good quality tea only the bud and top two youngest leaves are picked • They Are 4 Step Process
PLUCKING : • It is a process of harvesting and collecting tea leaves • Before the tea plucking we have to maintain foliage & tipping • Each tea bush is plucked every 6- 8 days depending on the seasons • Plucking begins in march and closes by early December • The cold winter months of December to February are a period of dormancy • Each kilogram of fine tea consist more than 20,000 individually hand plucked shoots
WITHERING : • The Primary aims of withering are to reduce the moisture content of the leaf and to soften it. • The tea leaves are spread out on a large tray of wire mesh, and hot air blowers are used to heat the leaf and drive out moisture • Withering duration is dependent on temperature and humidity and could range from 18 to 24 hours • At this point the leaf has become limp and turned into a darker shade of green
ROLLING : • It is a process where rollers are used to rupture the cell walls of the withered leaves for oxidation of the poly phenols in the presence of oxygen from air • There are two methods used by manufactures 1.Orthodox 2.CTC
FERMENTATION : • It is the process of oxidation of leaves • The mechanical aspects involve spreading out of the leaves by rolling a layer 5 – 8 cms thick, for 45 minutes to 3 hours depending on the quality of the leaves • In here pay more attention to humidity and temperature • Tea is dried in hot air from a furnace at a temperature of between 80 – 90 degrees F for about thirty minutes
• Tea is fired turning to its characteristics black color this can be done in pans over a fire and more commonly now with hot air • Tea is graded by size • Tea is packed
TYPES OF TEA • White Tea (Non – Oxidized ) • Green Tea (Non – Oxidized ) • Oolong Tea ( Semi – Oxidized ) • Black Tea ( Fully – Oxidized )
BRAND NAMES OF TEA • Tata Tea • Hindustan Lever • Lipton • Brooke Bond • Tajmahal • Tavalon Tea • Warren Tea • Harrisons Malayalam • Harney & Sons
TEA MANUFACTURING COUNTRIES • India • China • Sri Lanka • Iran • Indonesia • Kenya • Brazil • Bangladesh
PROCEDURE FOR SERVING TEA
PROCEDURE FOR SERVING TEA • First You Need To Get All Essential Of Tea • A teapot of silver or bone china , a kettle to boil the water , tea pot, a sugar bowl and cream pitcher • Use Tongs for sugar cubes, a sugar spoon for granulated or raw sugar crystals • Arrange the tea pot, sugar bowl and pitcher on a silver tray • Additional trays may be needed for serving
• Use your best china cups, saucers & Spoons • If serving loose tea ,you will also need an infuser • Provide guest with a selection loose teas or tea bags • Provide individual infusers for each guest ,if a variety of loose teas are served • If you serve only one type of tea, brew it in the pot • If Serving several types fill the pot with boiling water
THANK YOU !!!
Krishna Holidays is a well established Adventure and Tour operating company in Ris...
Learn about Fastport Passport, we offer expedited passport and visa solutions nati...
Aircraft leasing is an important decision and before making such an important purc...
Private jets can be hired by companies and individuals to travel in jets in a more...
Food PowerPoint templates (ppt), beverage Powerpoint templates, food backgrounds, beverage backgrounds. Template library PoweredTemplate.com Phone: (212 ...
Food & Beverages Sector An Introduction to the Sector India is fervently poised for the Food Revolution This will ensure agricultural diversification and ...
View Food And Beverage presentations online, safely and virus-free! Many are downloadable. Learn new and interesting things. Get ideas for your own ...
Download Food and Beverage Templates and Backgrounds for Microsoft PowerPoint
Food and Beverage Operations and Management Food and beverages Food: includes a wide range of styles and cuisine types Beverages: includes all alcoholic ...
Food and Beverages PowerPoint presentation - Download Fully Editable and beautifully designed Royalty Free PPT Presentation Backgrounds.
Chapter 14 Food and Beverage Service Convention Management and Service Seventh Edition (478CSB) Competencies for Food and Beverage Service Identify ...
Free PowerPoint Templates. Themes; Top Rated; Categories; ... Food and Drinks PPT templates and themes are compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 and 2010.