Published on June 22, 2016
1. FLEXIBLE ACRYLIC RESINS WHY AND HOW?
2. A CHALLENGING CONTEXT • Are weatherability, printability, flexibility and adhesion to substrates must-haves for your application? • If you can no longer afford to use materials that exhibit outdoor wear and damage over time, then let us show you why you should consider a Flexible Acrylic Resin (FAR)!
3. THE MATERIAL FOR LONG-TERM PERFORMANCE • This Flexible Acrylic Resin is a thermoplastic flexible polymer composition that provides a superior outdoor weatherability, a beautiful printability, as well as flexibility and excellent adhesion to substrates. • It enables market leaders in many industries to create more durable and attractive products.
4. MANY ADVANTAGES What can you gain for transparent or opaque applications? Best in class weather resistance Flexible like plasticized PVC Excellent printability withWB & SB Plasticizer- free Adhesion to difficult substrates … and many other! +
5. EVEN MORE VALUABLE FEATURES • Supplied in pellet or powder form • Used as a base resin or as an alloy with polymers such as PVC • Can be injection molded, extruded,calendered or blown as film • Service temperature up to 80°C • Film or sheet products have outstanding printability, paintability, and good adhesion to a variety of substrates • No stress whitening for applications requiring transparency
6. A COMPREHENSIVE RANGE OF MATERIALS TO MEET ALL YOUR NEEDS • New FAR product line offers several grades of FAR resin products. • FAR chemistry is State of the art production technology allowing polymer architecture not heretofore available – Made with the same building blocks: – FAR transparent grade flexible acrylic film exhibits superior transparency; – FAR opaque grade exhibits much lower shore A hardness which is suitable for applications requiring soft-hand feel.
7. UNIQUE PROPERTIES
8. UNIQUE PROPERTIES (1/5) Flexible-like PVC The excellent mechanical performance demonstrates its ability to compete with f- PVC or Thermoplastics Elastomers over a wide range of operating temperatures.
9. UNIQUE PROPERTIES (2/5) Excellent weathering / UV resistance Superior color retention in outdoor environments and excellent UV/weather resistance – with a intrinsic delta E less than 3.0 after 3000 hrs Xenon Arc exposure! UV/antioxidant additive packages can even further enhance, and extend outdoor service performance yielding delta E less than 0.5!
10. UNIQUE PROPERTIES (3/5) Retention of mechanical properties 90% retention of mechanical properties after accelerated weathering!
11. UNIQUE PROPERTIES (4/5) Excellent paint adhesion with bothWB & SB paints Increased decorating options for final parts with both waterborne and solvent-borne systems such as latex paint, solvent paint and acrylic oil paint. Adhesion of paints on FAR-based injection molded parts
12. UNIQUE PROPERTIES (5/5) Excellent adhesion to various substrates Excellent adhesion of FAR film over molded onto various substrates Substrate 180 degree peel strength Failure Mode PC excellent FAR film breaks prior to delaminate ABS excellent FAR film breaks prior to delaminate f-PVC excellent FAR film breaks prior to delaminate PET good, ~ 0.60 (N/mm) PS ~ 0.35 (N/mm) Amplify EA 103 ~ 0.12 (N/mm) TPO Not recommended
13. VARIOUS POSSIBILITIES Examples of applications: • Films & sheets for decorative, signs & graphics • Automotive – decorative seals & trims, parts for interiors – paint protection film for exteriors (film & sheet) • Consumer – mobile phone protective cases – household containers (exterior / interior) • Fishing Boat Cover with clear plastic windows … and many others!
14. WHAT ABOUT YOU? H OW W I L L YO U U S E F L E X I B L E AC RY L I C R E S I N S ?
15. CONTACT US! C L I C K HERE