Published on March 6, 2014
March 2014 © IGD 2014
Who we are Hello and welcome to IGD IGD is a research and training charity that helps the food and consumer goods industry deliver the needs of the public. We use our insight and expertise to ensure it is equipped to flourish in today’s fast-changing world We work with leading retailers and manufacturers around the world to provide insights across the total supply chain – from operational best practice to commercial and strategic excellence. You can benefit from our expertise in a number of ways, including our: – – – – Online insight services – covering retail, supply chain and shopper Customised research capability Training and development programmes Conferences and events Please visit igd.com for more information, or contact us for help: email@example.com +1 (604) 721 7064 We look forward to working with you… © IGD 2014
Seeking inspiration • In tough and competitive grocery markets, retailers and manufacturers are continually striving for the latest innovation to unlock shopper spend • Seeking simple innovations that can help add one more item to the shopping basket • In this presentation we look at five stores that stood out on recent study trips, providing new ideas for areas such as – Format development – Pricing strategies and promotions – Shopper engagement – Customer communication – New merchandising and display techniques Source: IGD Research © IGD 2014
1. Whole Foods Market, Pasadena This store features an outstanding fresh produce department, including a juice bar, while the first floor features an array of foodservice options including a wine and tapas bar, and an extensive collection of craft beers The retailer’s push to demonstrate stronger value credentials is evident in this store and is a great case study of how a quality orientated retailer is seeking to broaden its appeal. Source: IGD Research © IGD 2014
2. Loblaws Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto This flagship stores features many unique elements including an 18ft wall of cheese, a patisserie, tea emporium, chocolate which can be chiselled by the chunk, and an artisan bakery. The scale of this stores adds a sense of drama and provides a great backdrop for what is one of the most visually outstanding grocery stores in North America. Source: IGD Research © IGD 2014
3. Safeway, San Francisco Safeway’s evolving customer-centric approach has provided the retailer with many growth levers to pull on, particularly its clustering, localisation and personalisation initiatives. Many of these are being brought to life at its stores in the San Francisco area, including its re-designed centre store offer, an enhanced premium proposition and an improved Asian and Hispanic offer. Source: IGD Research © IGD 2014
4. Nations Fresh Foods, Toronto In one of North America’s most ethnically diverse cities, Nations Fresh Foods aims to bridge the gap between different shopper groups, offering both specialist ranges and mainstream brands. Foodservice is particularly strong in this store, with the retailer providing a modern twist on an element that is closely associated with specialist ethnic stores. Source: IGD Research, Nations Fresh Foods © IGD 2014
5. Trader Joe’s, New York No study tour is complete without a visit to Trader Joe’s. Although its small format stores, almost exclusively private label offer and strong value perceptions are not in themselves unique, the way in which these elements are blended together at Trader’s Joes , layered with outstanding customer service creates a differentiated grocery retailing proposition. Source: IGD Research © IGD 2014
Want more free insights like these? • • • • Free snapshots of key retailers Guide to European eCommerce Top ten stores to see in New York Winning strategies in price, promotions and value • Trends and innovations in Health & Beauty retailanalysis.igd.com/FREECONTENT © IGD 2014
I want to introduce you to 5 Creative Online Business Ideas – Ecommerce ... ideas – ecommerce inspiration – for ... store up for success with our 10 ...
Welcome to Inspiring Ideas . ... We strive to provide the best in customer service & creative inspiration. Our online and retail store stock a vast range ...
Find your nearest craft store. Events. Find your nearest event. ... Inspirational project ideas. Come along to a docrafts demonstration between 10am ...
‘Inspiration Maps’ allows you to create up to five documents to test the ... create a new idea ... Inspiration Maps & Inspiration 9 ...
Home and office furnishings and interiors. Information about services and online catalogue. Locations in Aiea, Kapolei and Honolulu
The New Candle Book: Inspirational Ideas for ..... Summary The New Candle Book: Inspirational Ideas for ..... Author - Gloria Nicol Special Photography ...
See our store section ... We all need a little inspiration in our ... Shop FindGift for an incredible selection of inspirational gift ideas ...
For visual mapping, outlining, writing and making presentations, use Inspiration® 9, the ultimate thinking and learning tool. Brainstorm ideas, structure ...
... and learn more about Houzz Interior Design Ideas. ... the iTunes Store. ... ago and relied extensively on Houzz for ideas and inspiration.
How to Get Ideas for a Story. ... How to Get Ideas for a Story. Five Methods: ... Ideas and Inspiration. In other languages: