Published on December 29, 2016
1. •‘’Financial Public Relations’’
2. Presented by Arooj Mughal Kiran CH Ayesha Butt Iza Fatima Queen mary college lahore
3. Contents 1. Definitions & introduction 2. Financial relations 3. What do specializedFinancial PR Agencies do ? 4. Why is expertise of financial PR required? 5. Tools of finance PR 6. Financial Public 7. Role and importance of financial PR
4. Financial public relations definitions: • ‘’Public relations division of a company charged with cultivating positive investor relations and proper disclosure information’’ ‘’A department of a company that attempts to portray the company's investments and financial state in the best possible light, or a public relations firm hired for this purpose’’ • ‘’Section of a public relations department that primarily focuses on public relations concerning financial/investment matters and usually includes a staff of lawyers’’
5. Introduction: • Section of a public relations department that primarily focuses on public relations concerning financial/investment matters and usually includes a staff of lawyers. • The goal of this department is to consistently keep the company appearing in a good light and to ensure that the company continues to meet requirements that prevent alteration of that positive perception. Simply put, communicating with the financial public is known as financial public relations. • The goal of this department is to consistently keep the company appearing in a good light and to ensure that the company continues to meet requirements that prevent alteration of that positive perception. Simply put, communicating with the financial public is known as financial public relations. • A financial public relations department interprets applicable laws and regulations, and it generally employs lawyers in order to defend the interpretations to the regulator if need be. Financial public relations also deal with disclosure forms and press releases made available to journalists and the public; these seek to promote and, if necessary, defend the company
6. FinancialRelations: • Financial relations provides information to investors and stakeholders. It communicates with all types of groups and individuals for accurate option of business. These activities enhance goodwill and image of the organization.
7. Strategiccounsel Boardsofdirectors Bestpractices Litigationsupport Enterprisecommunications&credibility Managementpositioning Mediarelations Stakeholderengagement&rankingsmanagement Hedgefunds
8. Financial Public:
9. • Financial Public: • In general, the financial public, who are of immediate concern to the organization, comprise the following: • The registered shareholders. The investing community including potential shareholders with available funds for spending or saving. • The direct financial community consisting of banks and financial institutions, stockbrokers, and a variety of key players in the global money market, individual or institutional.
10. • Role and importance of Financial PR: The role and importance of corporate and financial public relations has come for revaluation against the backdrop of intense communication activity in the financial sector. A sense of vision, objectives, values, styles and appreciation of its own role are the guiding factors for the PR in the center stage. PR has several avenues of exposure and success to perform its role in the widening canvas of financial public relations. A few examples: Assist the company in achieving the corporate objectives. One of the most important considerations for any company is to look after the interests of its shareholders.
11. • Effective communication can play a crucial role in creating investor awareness. It can give a boost to the share price provided the campaign is backed by good performance thereby encouraging business development. • In the overall communication activities, it would be necessary to identify the status and role of PR in the financial management of the enterprise. Here, the top management would be required to acknowledge the role PR can play in the realms of raising of capital, tackling capital resources and ensuring business development on a continuous basis. • In its own professional interest of business as a whole, PR must come to full grips with business finance. In fact, many PR persons have been ruined by financial illiteracy while dealing with the financial media.
12. Conclusion: WecanconcludethatfinancialPRisthe focusesonfinancialmattersofthe importantroleinenhancingcompany’s includesallkindsoffinancialmattersand relatedtofinance.