Published on September 29, 2015
1. ss URBANISTA IMAGE CONSULTING LLP Fashion Items That Are Really, Really Bad for You
2. "Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have” Enhance
3. Super-High Heels You can’t concentrate in flats? Yeah, yeah, we get that you swear by every dictum doled out by Victoria Beckham. But Posh Spice probably forgot to mention how living in heels, day in and day out, can be very, very bad for your back. And while we’re at it, you can add spinal injury, calf muscle shortening, knee damage and cramped toes to the list of possible problems too. It’s not going to happen overnight, but these issues will bite you some day. So, for every day you spend in super-high heels, opt for flats for the next few.
4. Flip-Flops And don’t think we have a vendetta against you high- heel purveyors! Daily use of flip-flops is equally bad and they are often considered worse than heels. Since you need to clench your toes to keep flip-flops on, it can change the way you walk. Moreover, it doesn’t provide any arch support or heel cushioning; hence joint pain, shin splints and orthopaedic problems are not unheard of either. Give yourself a break from them and try on some well- cushioned slippers.
5. Overly Tight Shapewear We all need a little help from our trusty shapewear to squeeze into that unforgiving bandage dress. But it’s far from advisable to wear Spanx or corsets on a daily (or almost daily) basis. We won’t deny that well-fitted shapewear is good for your posture, but something too tight and constricting will leave you feeling claustrophobic, crammed, struggling to breathe and unable to move freely. Oh, and did we mention it could put undue pressure on your spine as well? Do yourself a favour – on days when you don’t HAVE to wear an itty-bitty lil dress, just wear your regular under-things.
6. Oversized Bags That Weigh a Ton Who doesn’t love a street-style worthy it-bag? We sure do! Which is why we say this with a heavy heart: that oversized bag (which you have probably stuffed with everything except the kitchen sink) perched on the crook of your elbow can cause muscle strain and pain in your neck, shoulders, and upper back. Now we know that’s not going to stop you from taking your latest Céline acquisition for a little spin, so here’s some friendly advice: don’t overfill, switch sides when carrying a big bag, and opt for lightweight bags every few days to give your arms and shoulders some rest.
7. Pencil Skirts Don’t worry, we aren’t asking you to discard all those chic pencil skirts you’ve collected – we wouldn’t dream of it! We are just asking you to exercise caution when it comes to the frequency with which you wear it. Those who wear pencil skirts too often can be victims of a strained back, pulled muscles or disc problems. Since your knees are pushed together, pencil skirts make it difficult to bend too. Swapping that tight midi out for a mid-calf length flared skirt once in a while will not hurt you!
8. Skinny Jeans Since skinny jeans are tight around the waist, hips, and calves, they can put tremendous pressure on your joints and lead to leg pain too. And as they require you to suck in your stomach, it robs the body of oxygen, which in turn slows your metabolism and alters your focus and performance too. It’s okay to wear easy-fit and comfy cotton pants once in a while – no one’s going to judge you!
9. Synthetic Panties Those thongs you love so much… Guess what? They can easily cause the spread of bacteria and lead to urinary tract infections. And those synthetic panties that look so cute lead to multiplication of yeast and increase the risk of thrush. You’d be wise to swap your skimpy underwear for cotton briefs for daily wear. Granny panties do have their benefits, after all!
10. Ill-Fitted Bras It is believed that almost 70% women wear the wrong bra size. Not only does this provide inadequate support but can also be the root of several health issues like back, neck and breast pain, breathing difficulties, bad posture, skin irritation, lymphatic problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Most lingerie stores provide free fittings and consultations, and you shouldn’t shy away from their help. We hope you’re heading out the door to get yourself properly measured already.
11. IN THE MEDIA
12. Body Language Expert International Etiquette Expert Business Protocol Communication Expert Personal Branding Expert Devoted to inspiring people to be their best version, Sheena Agarwaal founded Urbanista Image Consulting LLP in 2010. Sheena attended Mayo College in Ajmer, Rajasthan. Christ College, Bangalore, where she graduated in Human Resource, She has done her Post Graduation from Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad and specializes in Digital Media and Brand Management. Trained by master trainers Carla Mathis, Christina Ong and Lynne Marks, along with the unparalleled background in the arena of Image Consultancy, she is a Neuro Linguistic Practitioner and one of India’s first Reach Certified Personal Brand Strategist. • Director Urbanista Image Consulting LLP, REACH Personal Brand Strategist Experience Skills • Finance Analyst with Goldman Sachs • Worked with Big Cinemas, Apollo Munich Life Insurance, Shoppers Stop, IIT Chennai, TiE, Ranjan Narula Associates, Beetle, Bharti Foundation, Vodafone and GE. About Sheena Agarwal
13. ABOUT URBANISTA IMAGE CONSUTLING Established in the year 2010, Urbanista Image Consulting LLP is the renowned Image Consultancy firm based out of New Delhi, India and was founded by Sheena Agarwal one of India’s first certified Image Consultant and Reach Personal Brand Strategist. With the vision to enable people to express their core competence and brand values effectively, Urbanista Image Consulting works on three broad aspects of Powerful Presence: Appearance, Behaviour and Communication. We are committed to positively impacting lives, which in turn leads one to securing better opportunities and higher recognition and delivering noticeable results for clients - both at an Individual and Corporate level. An innovator in Image Management, we conduct consultations and workshops for individuals or groups respectively, on matters related to Executive Presence, Communication Skills, Body Language, Business Protocol, International Etiquette, Storytelling and Personal Branding. With a desire to bring internationally acclaimed Master Trainer from across domains to Indian Shores, in April 2014 we hosted Master Trainer Carla Mathis from United States of America in New Delhi, India to train aspiring Image Consultants and look forward to host many such trainers from across the spectrum in the near future. We creatively use the theory of evolution on all our clients that involve not just superficial verbal consultation but a total involvement and a sensitive approach. We encourage you to contact us and discuss how to enhance your personal and professional presence.
14. www.facebook.com www.twitter.com www.urbanista.in +91 852 797 8886 Building No 845, Ist Floor, Ghittorni, New Delhi - 110030 “Image is not about beautification. Its about projection of your purpose, goal and objective, in life. We help you create a brand that speaks for itself, day on day!” ~Sheena Agarwal~
“Looking good comes at a price” is something we all accept. But be warned that there are quite a few fashion items that are bad for you!
10 Things That Are Surprisingly Bad For You. ... actually be really bad for you. ... to protect clothes and other items from mold ...
Bad fashion. 24 Pins 84 Followers Follow ... Bad Fashion ... Diane Kruger ... ...
8 “Healthy” Foods That Are Actually Really Bad for You. Beauty; 8 “Healthy” Foods That Are Actually Really Bad for You. By Publisher -
Here's Why You Always Want Ginger Ale ... Bella Thorne just got really personal about her colonoscopy ... Brought to you by Yahoo Style and ...
Why Artificial Sweeteners are Bad For You and the Planet. ... Should something as serious as cancer really be overlooked?)
About ASOS. ASOS is the UK's largest independent online fashion and beauty retailer and offers over 60,000 branded and own label products across womenswear ...