Published on October 14, 2014
1. FAO and CCAFS Collaboration on Gender and Climate Change Launch of the Gender and Inclusion Toolbox International Day of Rural Women 15 October 2014 Sibyl Nelson FAO, Rome
2. Exploring gender, climate change and food security in drought-prone villages in Andhra Pradesh, India
3. Who’s affected by climate change and how?
4. are men and women’s coping strategies? institutional support do they use?
5. Partnering for action research
6. FAO-CCAFS training guide Objective To identify good practices and support research and mainstreaming gender dimensions into responses to climate change To whom? Target Audience Development practitioners working with communities and households on climate change Why different? Field tested by CCAFS partners in Bangladesh, Ghana and Uganda
7. Field testing in Uganda, Ghana and Bangladesh Climate Analogues -Visits more problematic for women than men Weather Information -Indigenous knowledge main source for all groups Climate-Smart Agricultural Practices -Both men and women involved, but labour differences
8. Training guide Toolbox of participatory research tools • For use in field research and other work with communities • Adaptable to different conditions Step-by-step guidance to users • Preparations • A work plan • A format for reporting field studies • Analyze the data generated by field studies English, French, Spanish • 30,000 downloads
climate. The FAO-CCAFS collaboration is developing ... These approaches are exempli˜ed in FAO’s work on gender and climate change in Andhra Pradesh,
Sibyl Nelson, FAO Webinar: Gender equality in agriculture and changing climate ... How to understand and address gender in CSA? •FAO & CCAFS guide
... the training guide ‘Gender and Climate Change Research in Agriculture ... says Sibyl Nelson, Gender Officer at FAO. ... a collaboration ...
Sibyl Nelson, Gender Officer at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). ... Climate Change Adaptation and Gender Coordinator ...
Sibyl Nelson, with inputs by ... presents a work plan for carrying out field research on gender and climate change among ... A collaboration between the ...
... Reuben Sessa and Sibyl Nelson, FAO, ... including gender and climate change. ... (FAO) in collaboration with
... Climate Smart Agriculture Sourcebook ... FAO), Sibyl Nelson (FAO), ... the challenges of climate change is included (FAO 2010a, Nelson et ...
the integration of gender into climate change projects. ... Presenters included Sibyl Nelson of the Food and ... in collaboration with University of ...