Published on March 10, 2014
Debating the Exclusionary Rule By Brittni Baldeo
Reasons I am Against the Legislation • #1 Without this law, police will be seen as acting unprofessionally! – Police officers will not conduct illegal searches and seizures – Police officers will not be able to selfincriminate
• #2 The exclusionary rule punishes police by making it more difficult to convict criminals using illegally obtained evidence – Officers who conduct illegal searches will be punished – Citizens rights will not be violated
• #3 The exclusionary rule protect innocent people – Police will not be able to conduct illegal searches without facing consequences
• #4 The exclusionary rule is the most effective way to protect people who are wrongfully searched or whose rights are violated – If you have been wrongfully searched without a warrant then the evidence used against you will be admissible in court.
• #5 Citizens will not believe in the court if convictions are based on evidence obtained in violation of citizens right’s – If you were violated and illegally searched would you believe the courts if they held evidence against you from that? I know I wouldn’t.
• Anthony Bouza, former New York Police Department Commander and retired Minneapolis Police Chief, states, "Over the ensuing decades [after the Mapp decision], cops learned to obtain warrants, secure evidence, and prepare cases. Arrests that had been clouded by sloppiness, illegality, and recklessness were now much tidier." – Imagine living in a world where the police were so unprofessional that they did not care about Miranda rights, search warrants, or protecting the fourth and fifth amendments?
Opposing Argument • The ugly truth is that not everybody, even those with a lot of power, do as they should. We cannot just trust every single police officer to do what he is supposed to do. The exclusionary rule is benefiting us to keep officers in check!
Arizona at its 50th Anniversary ... “exclusionary rule”—the rule that pro- ... Created by Brittni Favorite at ElectricLemonade.com: ...
Study online flashcards and notes for Government Final including Article I of US constitution : ... Brittni T. ... Established exclusionary rule
Study online flashcards and notes for Poli Sci Final including The Great Awakening: ... Brittni C. ... exclusionary rule applicable to states.
Content Posted in 2014. PDF. ... The FCC Lowers the Rates of Interstate Prison Phones Calls, Brittni Downs. PDF. ... Per Se Rule: Horizontal ...
Content Posted in 2011. PDF. 1985 Department of Defense Authorization Act: Leaving Atomic Veterans at Ground Zero, Jane E. Malloy. PDF. ABA Code of ...
Physical Library Digital Repository ONLY Year/Sem Title Thesis Director Discipline English Exercise Science and Physical Education 1970 Spring An ...
Special Education Charters Renew Inclusion Debate. Diana Diaz-Harrison, ... Brittni Mulvin, a teacher at the Arizona Autism School in Phoenix, ...
Advertising Programmes Business Solutions +Google About Google Google.com © 2016 - Privacy - Terms. Search; Images; Maps; Play; YouTube; News; Gmail ...
After An app for spying on text messages our reviews about such products as like StealthGenie, mSpy, FlexiSpy, SpyBubble, Mobistealth and etc.