Published on May 15, 2016
1. Prepared by : KESHANTHINI D/O RAMACHANDRAM
2. Evening Primrose Oil Botany Oenothera biennis., a wildflower/weed on the East USA coast The seed is pressed to yield an oil History Many native American uses for the plant Recent years have focused on the uses of the seed oil
3. Chemistry •Seed contains about 14% oil of which half is gamma linolenic acid (GLA); this is a omega –6 essential fatty acid; •note: omega –3 fatty acids are present in fish oils and flaxseed oils and have different uses (e.g. lower cholesterol and risk of cancer) •GLA is a precursor to prostaglandin E1 which modulates (reduce) inflammation •Other rich sources of GLA are borage seed oil (20%GLA) and black currant oil (15% GLA)
4. •GLA is precursor to several prostaglandins and leukotrienes that influence pain and inflammation •The idea is to “flood the system” with precursor to enhance synthesis. •Linoleic acid (LA) is an essential amino acid widespread in our diet •GLA is formed from linoleic acid and is not found in common foods
5. • Cyclic mastalgia •Premenstrual Syndrom (PMS) •Diabetic neuropathy •Vitamin E •Eczema •Arthritis, fatigue, digestive, asthma, weight loss, and many others
6. GLA, is the active ingredient in EPO, can be found in small amounts in a variety of food sources. However it is most concentrated in plain oils such as epo and borage oil.
7. Most people will tolerate EPO without complications. But keep in mind that there have been reports of side effect such as: Headaches Stomach upset Nausea Increase the risk of bleeding among people who take anticoagulant and antiplatelet medication. Raise risk of seizures as well as serious nausea and vomiting for people taking a class of drug knows as phenothiazines. These drug used to treat psyschotic disorder.
8. • People should be especially cautious about taking EPO if they have: -Bleeding disorder -Seizure disorder • People who take medication to low blood pressure, EPO may cause further drop in pressure. • Pregnant women should not take EPO cause of the potential for complications.
9. ֎ EPO treat the symptoms of PMS because of its essential fatty acid contents. ֎ Getting enough omega-6 fatty acids(LA & GLA), Support overall hormonal function within the body. Reduce PMS symptoms Create a healthy environment for contraception Help to loss weight Produce balanced hormones.
10. ֎ Omega-6 fatty acids that are found in EPO are necessary for production & synthesis of prostaglandin E. ֎ Prostaglandins helps to control the regulation of hormones & manage the proper cell growth. ֎ EPO use to prepare the cervix for labor.
11. ֎ Omega-3 fatty acid (GLA) Increase the production of cervical mucus. Cervical fluid is vital for allowing the sperm to swim freely through the cervix.
12. ֎ Omega-6 fatty acids that are present in EPO help Regulate your hormone levels & cure hormonal acne issues. It also play a role in cell structure, improving nerve fx & promoting skin elasticity.
13. ֎ Essential omega-6 fatty(GLA) can be highly effective in the fight against hair loss. Female hair loss generally due to: o Stress o Hormone imbalance o Thyroid conditions o Toxic exposure
14. ֎ EPO treat skin conditions such as: ֎ Eczema ֎ Psoriasis ֎ Atopic dermatitis ֎ Help with age-related structural & fx changes in skin tissues such as: ֎ Redness ֎ Firmness ֎ Roughness
15. EPO treat: ֎ Rheumatoid arthritis ֎ a significant improvement of disease-related symptoms, including pain & morning stiffness . (94% who got EPO reported)
16. ֎ EPO treat hormonal issues. ֎ Taking EPO + (Fish Oil & calcium), seems to: Decrease bone loss Increase bone density In elderly people with osteoporosis
17. ҉ Mega Live ҉ Nova ҉ eurobio ҉ Kordel’s ҉ Blackmores halal certified.
18. Ingredients : • EPO (10% GLA) 1200mg equiv. GLA 120mg • Vitamin E 11.5mg equiv. to d-a- Tocopherol 10mg equiv. to Natural vitamin E 15 IU Dosage : 1 to 2 cap to take daily with meal. 1 Box contain 30 capsules. Source of gelatin : Bovine
19. Ingredients : • EPO (10% GLA) 1000mg Dosage : 1 to 2 cap to be taken daily after meal. 1 Box contain 100 capsules. Source of gelatin : Bovine EPO is made from cold-pressed seeds. It contain rich natural source of Gama Linolenic Acid (GLA) & Linolenic Acid (LA) which are know as Omega 6. These essential fatty acid are importance for maintenance of good health.
20. Ingredients : • Cold Pressed EPO (10% GLA) 1000mg • Vitamin E 7.5iu Dosage : 1 to 3 cap to be taken daily after meal. 1 Box contain 120 capsules. Source of gelatin : Vegicap
21. Ingredients : • EPO (10% GLA) 1200mg equiv. GLA 100mg Dosage : 1 to 3 cap to be taken daily after meal. 1 Box contain 150 capsules. Sources of gelatin : vegicap *Suitable for vegetarians
22. Ingredients : • EPO (10% GLA) 1200mg GLA 100mg LA 650mg Dosage : 1 to 3 cap to be taken daily with meal. Recommended to children (6 – 12 years). 1 Box contain 100 capsules. Source of gelatin : Bovine • cold-pressed
23. Ingredients : • Natural Fish Oil 500mg Approximately equivalent to : Omega 3 marine triglycerides 150mg as: -Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPO) …90mg -Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) …60mg • EPO 500mg -GLA 5% 50mg Dosage : 1 to 3 cap to be taken daily with meal. Not recommended to children under 12 years. 1 Box contain 120 capsules. Source of gelatin : Bovine • cold-pressed
Does evening primrose oil help eczema, rheumatoid arthritis, breast pain, menopausal symptoms, or premenstrual syndrome? Find out here.
Das Mittel Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) enthält das Öl der kleinblütigen Nachtkerze, das sich durch einen extrem hohen Anteil an ungesättigten ...
Popular species include tufted evening primrose (Oenothera caespitosa), ... "Oral evening primrose oil and borage oil for eczema". Cochrane Database of ...
Evening primrose oil contains linoleic acid as well as GLA - both are essential components of myelin, the protective coating around nerve fibers, and the ...
Find patient medical information for EVENING PRIMROSE OIL on WebMD including its uses, effectiveness, side effects and safety, interactions, user ratings ...
Overview. Evening primrose is a wildflower that grows throughout the United States. Although Native Americans used the seeds for food and made poultices ...
Oenothera biennis (common evening-primrose, evening star, or sun drop) is a species of Oenothera native to eastern and central North America, from ...
Evening primrose oil contains a high concentration of a fatty acid called GLA and it is this fatty acid that is largely responsible for the remarkable ...
Overview. Method of extraction. Cold Pressed and Partially Refined. Packaging. This oil comes packaged in amber glass bottles. The 1 gallon bulk size comes ...
Das Sprachangebot für Englisch-Deutsch: Wörterbuch mit Übersetzungen, Flexionstabellen und Audio, interaktivem Forum und Trainer für flexibles Lernen.