Published on March 10, 2014
How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts? By Saqib Younis
• The intention for our production was to entertain and intrigue the audience through our exciting trailer. By interesting the audience this would make them want to go and see it.
• Our ancillary task included making a poster and website which still maintained that thriller element that our trailer provides. The reason they had to remain very similar to show that they are all linked together and not the audience don’t get confused by different themes.
• Vladimir Propp’s theory is that they are many different character types which appear in media, this links to our trailer in numerous ways. Our trailer contains a villain, princess and a hero and also a helper. The princess or the girl in distress is clearly shown not just through the trailer in the parts where she is tied up and virtually helpless, but in the title “Fallen Grace”. The villain is portrayed inn the scene where he is kidnapping the princess. The hero is not as obvious as Sam the boyfriend top the princess is shown with here and in the school assembly scene the close up of his face and the connotations that you can read from his facial expression indicate he is going to do something. The helper is shown in the scene in which she throws the chair over in classroom and also in the assembly scene she is sat besides the hero signifying she is going to help.
• Tzvetan Todorov’s theory is that there is a equilibrium, then there is a disruption to the equilibrium and the a final resolution to the problem than a new equilibrium formed. However Todorov is referring to a full film and our production is only a trailer so we manage to have 2 out of 3 which is conventional in trailer. The reason for this is that a trailer will show the staring equilibrium and then the disruption which is what interests the audience, they do no show the new equilibrium as that would obviously give a short video of what happened in the movie so people would not go an see it.
• Our website was given a similar theme quite dark, however the website does posses some light to it as there is a gradient effect used going from grey to white. The font used for the website is serif so it still gives that eerie effect which still gives that thriller element to the film. The photograph used on the main page is of Charlie and Grace together which is different to what you would expect from a conventional thriller movie website.
• Our page layout is simple, we have a theme throughout the website so it gives the element of darkness. Our main page has the title and the trailer visible on the main page. The rest of the pages have a similar lay out, except the contact page which is has a simple layout easy for the viewer of the website so they can easily contact the cast and producers. Lastly we have Facebook and Twitter links so it helps advertise and promote our film.
• The poster in which we have used and have designed is a lot darker with a bloodied up picture of the main actor Grace. The theme of the poster is very dark and serious developing connoting thriller elements to it. Also on the poster the font and text style is different and is san serif, the reason for this is that the poster is already dark and it does not need serif font to provide it with a thriller edge unlike the website which is slightly less dark. The black font used on the poster adds to the darkness of the poster and fits well together with the gruesomeness of the main image.
• We have achieved our aim of providing both our website and poster with a chiaroscuro lighting. To create a mystery and suspense, the lighting connotes a dark thriller theory in which we want our trailer to show. Also the similarity of both excluding the dark theme is that they both contain a picture of Grace the main actress and also the film is named after.
Evaluation Task 3 - Audience Concept Stage Focus Group - Rough Edits We created rough cuts of all three of our products; the website, video and digi pack.
Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present; People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account; This link expires 10 ...
This is "Evaluation Task- 3" by on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
Evaluation Task 3 Malaikable. Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe 0 0. Loading ... Evaluation Task 2- Colors - Duration: 0:40. Malaikable 5 views. 0:40
This website will be about my preliminary task and what I feel I have learnt in the progression from it to the full product (My Opening Sequence)
View Essay - Task 3 - Strategy evaluation and selection.docx from MNGT 3400 at Webster. an appropriate future strategy for a given organization).
Webquest for Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson ... All graphics are related to the topic and most make it easier to understand.
E-learning, task 3. Search this site. Mr. Staddon's Classroom. Home. Contact Me. ... Evaluation. WebQuest rubric: indicators for achievement. Criteria. A ...
Evaluation Question 3) What kind of institution would distribute your media prdouct and why? - Duração: 4:52. Rebecca Astill 9 visualizações