Published on January 11, 2019
1. Ergonomics of Sitting
2. You spend 3200 days of your life sitting on an office chair! Shouldn’t you sit Ergonomically?
3. What is Ergonomics? Ergonomics is an art and science of designing workplace keeping in mind the users’ physiological and psychological comfort. An ergonomically designed workplace removes risk factors leading to musculoskeletal injuries and allows for improved human performance and productivity.
4. Ergonomic Chair The design of ergonomic chair is in line with the basic body structure and behaviors. An ergonomic chair is configured to suit the way body and mind interact with the workplace environment. The chair adjusts to our natural body posture and provides enhanced thermal comfort at all times, catering to both physical and psychological needs of an individual.
5. Features of an ergonomic chair
6. What happens when you don’t sit Ergonomically? * Increased spinal pressure * Burdens the leg muscle * Poor blood circulation * Increased body fat * Eye strain * Neck and shoulder pain * Decreased concentration * Increased fatigue * Organ damage
7. Additional Considerations- * Adjustment of the chair according to user’s body dimensions. * Chair selection according to the tasks being performed. * Supportive factors like footrest, surface, and space around. A chair is called ergonomic chair only when it suits worker’s body dimensions, goes well with workspace elements, and makes it easy to perform tasks.
8. WHAT ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIRS DO FOR YOU?
9. Thank You for your Time