Published on November 9, 2016
1. UNIT 6
2. ERIKSON’S THEORY
3. LETS TAKE A STAGE..
4. EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE It is the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
5. • This concept was introduced by Peter Salovey and John D. Mayer (Salovey and Mayer, 1990; Mayer & Salovey, 1993) . • Later on the concept was popularized and expanded by Daniel Goleman (1995).
6. Components of Emotional Intelligence • Self-awareness. • Self-regulation. • Motivation. • Empathy. • Social skills.
7. DEVELOPING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE Developing Emotional Intelligence Managing emotions so as to attain specific goals Understanding emotions, emotional language, and the signals conveyed by emotions Using emotions to facilitate thinking Perceiving emotions accurately in oneself and others
8. UNDERSTANDING YOUR PRIMARY EMOTIONS
9. EMOTIONS ARE CULTURALLY CONDITIONED
10. MANAGING EMOTIONS
11. MANAGING EMOTIONS • I-messaging technique (is contrasted with a "you-message" or "you-statement") • Self Possession • Yoga
Emotional intelligence (EI) or emotional quotient (EQ) is the capability of individuals to recognize their own, and other people's emotions, to ...
Emotional intelligence is the ability to identify and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others. It is generally said to include three skills:
What exactly is emotional intelligence (EQ)? Discover why EQ might matter more than IQ when it comes to your health, happiness, and life success.
For most people, emotional intelligence (EQ) is more important than one's intelligence (IQ) in attaining success in their lives and careers. As individuals our
Emotional intelligence differs from how we think of intellectual ability, in that emotional intelligence is a learned—not acquired.
As the bestselling coauthor of Emotional Intelligence 2.0, I’m often asked to break down what emotional intelligence is and why it’s so important.
About Daniel Goleman. Welcome to the website and blog of psychologist Daniel Goleman, Ph.D., author of the New York Times bestseller Emotional Intelligence and Social ...
Find out what emotional intelligence is, and learn how you can develop yours.
Everything you need to know about emotional intelligence. Written by the world's leading experts in emotional intelligence. Discover the power of EQ and put it to ...
Emotional intelligence plays a major role in how you interact with other people. Let's find out just how emotionally intelligent you really are.