Published on March 12, 2014
English is one of the most spoken language in the world, that hides a lot of interesting things and amazing culture that are wainting to be discovered by you. Learning this language can open the doors to a lot of opportunities: making new friends, finding captivating information, watching movies with original sound…
Nowadays , the technology has improved the quality of learning a foreign language, especially English . Surfing on the net can be helpful if you choose english pages. As far as I know , there are a lot of methods to study English by interactive ways: 1. Discussing with a native speaker:1. Discussing with a native speaker: I confess this is one of the best methods to learn English, because when you are discussing with a native speaker you hear the way he pronounce the words, the intonation. Also, you can notice the most common words, phrases or idioms .
2. Learning lyrics:2. Learning lyrics: You can learn a lot of words, phrases while you are listening to your favourite song and checking it’s lyrics. Listening songs can help you to get familiar with English sounds and will allow you to focus on your pronunciation and understanding language’s rhythm, tone and beat. Moreover many of the words and sound patterns within a song are repetitive and this fact makes easier to learn English. We can remember a lot of new words, because songs are emotional, deep and powerful. Even after a long period of time you find it almost impossible to forget the lyrics.
3.3. Watching American/EnglishWatching American/English movies:movies: If you a fan of movies, you will notice that the original soundtrack it’s better than the dubbed one. When you are watching movies you learn a lot of English sentences, words. Sometimes you get tempted to speak like actors, and this fact can improve your English diction and accent.
4. Reading English book:4. Reading English book: Reading books can help you to enrich the vocabulary, to learn the correct grammar, and a lot of phrases . Each thought is different by structure and only in this way you can put them in the right way, noticing the author’s writing style.
5. Stick notes on the wall :5. Stick notes on the wall : Post words onto a wall or board, learn them everyday and take them down when you know them. 6. Playing games :6. Playing games : It is one of the most interesating and funny method that you can share with your family or friends. You can play games such as ‘Memory’ or ‘Snap’ with a partner, by matching words to their meanings .
7. Learn English poems: Poems, like song, express a lot of emotions, and help you to improve the pronunciation. Simple rhymes are melodic and attractive, that’s why it’s easier to remember the words.
8. Write in your Diary in English:8. Write in your Diary in English: Write your personal experiences , moment, feeling, memories just in English. It will help you a lot to learn English, and to practice writing skills. Eventually, you can write simple sentences, in the meantime you can use a dictionary to find unknown words. Do it as frequently as you can, because just daily writing can help you to improve your english .
Taking into consideration all the above said, learning English it’s not as difficult as it seems. You should put in practice all the methods in order to have efficient results. Vincent Van Gogh said ‘Great things are done by a series of small things brought together’ . Don’t miss a thing connected with English language in your everyday life. Even reading product’s ingredients, hearing an English song on the radio, reading interesting stuff in English, communicating in English on the social network, watching english TV shows definetly will help you to know, speak, feel , think in English!
• By Elena Rîbac, Access Ungheni student.