Published on June 26, 2016
1. Leela Hanson 18 May 2016 Efic – Finance Support to grow your exports
2. 2 Efic We are a specialist financier that delivers simple and creative solutions for Australian companies – to enable them to win business, grow internationally and achieve export success. Purpose is to support growth of Australian businesses exporting, operating internationally or involved in an export focused global supply chain 100% owned by the Government of Australia (AAA rating) Operates on commercial principles but different risk profile to banks Fills ‘market gap’ when commercial finance unavailable/insufficient Role complementary to commercial lenders Focus is the SME market
3. Lack of security was the single most important reason why Australian exporters could not receive the funding they required 3 Access to export finance continues to be a challenge for SMEs
4. 4 Some typical attributes of an Efic client
5. 5 How does Efic assist?
6. 6 Where does Efic provide support?
7. 7 Case study Customer: Gourmet Lovers is a Melbourne-based producer of Australian extra virgin olive oil to retailers in Australia and overseas. Result: We provided a A$300,000 Export Contract Loan, which helped Gourmet Lovers to fulfil its multi-million dollar contract with Costco. Need: Gourmet Lovers needed additional finance to cover the gap between paying for production and sales revenue. Gourmet Lovers Industry: Manufacturing Country: USA, Canada, UK Product: Export Contract Loan Efic support: A$300,000
8. Case study Customer: Liddy Design is a Sydney-based company that designs and distributes high-end homewares through retail chains in Australia and overseas. Result: We provided an EWCG to help Liddy Design strengthen its export business through increased diversification within its key markets. Need: Liddy Design needed additional working capital to realise growth opportunities with major international retailers in the UK and the US. Liddy Design Industry: Wholesale trade Country: US Product: Export working capital guarantee
9. 9 Case study Customer: Cassegrain is a multi-award winning winemaking company based in Port Macquarie, NSW. Result: We provided a A$500,000 Export Contract Loan which enabled Cassegrain to deliver on growing export contracts. Need: Faced with growing orders from Japan and China, Cassegrain needed additional working capital to invest in its manufacturing. Cassegrain Wines Industry: Manufacturing Country: Japan and China Product: Export Contract Loan Efic support: A$500,000
10. 10 Colin George State Director, SME – NSW & ACT Mobile: 0448 733 274 Email: email@example.com Phil Smith State Director, SME – VIC & TAS Mobile: 0417 282 849 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Natalie Reid-Frost State Director, SME – QLD & NT Mobile: 0468 926 500 Email: email@example.com Andrew Perkins Director, SME - SA Mobile: 0420 305 917 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tegan Davies Director, SME – WA Mobile: 0428 561 570 Email: email@example.com Contact us
11. 11 This material (Information) has been prepared by Efic for information purposes only. It is in summary form and is therefore not necessarily complete. It is not an offer by Efic to make available to any party any of the financial products referred to in the Information (Products) and the Information must not, in any way, be construed as specific or general advice in respect of any Products. A person or entity should seek their own advice as to the suitability of any Products for their own financial or tax circumstances. Whilst reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the Information is not untrue or misleading, no representation is made as to its accuracy or completeness and no liability is accepted for any loss arising from reliance upon the Information. In accordance with applicable exemptions, Efic is not required to hold an Australian financial services licence nor is it regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority in connection with any of the Products. Disclaimer