Published on December 30, 2016
1. SCHOOL OF SCHOLARS, Hingna Road, AKOLA PAPER PRESENTATION ON SHAPING IDEAS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN Presented by Mrs. Shweta S. Dixit (email@example.com) 1
2. 2 WHY EXTRA EFFORTS ARE REQUIRED TO INSPIRE LEARNING AND SHAPING IDEAS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN!!!!!! • Dyslexia • Dysgraphia • General LD • Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder • Executive Functioning • Dyscalculia • Dyspraxia • Intellectually Gifted
3. 3 OBSTACLES WHICH PREVENT STUDENTS FROM LEARNING AND SHAPING IDEAS POOR STUDY SKILL • POOR ORGANIZATION • LACK OF MOTIVATION • LACK OF COMMUNICATION ( IN SCHOOL) • LOW SELF ESTEEM • PEER PRESSURE • POOR READING COMPREHENSION • LACK OF SOCIAL SKILL • POOR BASIC ARITHMATIC (PROCESS – DAILY OBSERVATION AND CASE STUDIES)
4. Understanding learning styles can help teacher to create more inclusive classroom where everyone has a chance to succeed. 1.1- We provide the pupils with regular feedback concerning how their skills and competence are developing . We motivate them to understand, to rehearse, to practise and to memorise. 1.2- We draw their attention to their potential and encouraged them to bloom it. 1)We ignite their intrinsic motivation by giving project work which is important source of motivation through the degree of choice and control it and enable the pupil to undertake the work. 2)We provide them extrinsic motivation by skilful praise. 2.1- We link our praise to their efforts and attainment, conveying sincere pleasure on our part and use with credibility. 2.2- We well judge and celebrate the individual or group’s specific behaviour or attribute with positive unconditional language. 3)We have the apt expectation for success as we ensure the task are challenging and offer pupils a realistic chance of success, taking into account their ability and previous learning. 3.1- We monitor pupils’ progress closely providing quick and supportive feedback when a pupil has encountered major difficulties 4 WE AIM AT THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS TO INSPIRE THE LEARNERS
5. STRATEGIES WHICH A TEACHER CAN ADOPT FOR INSPIRING LEARNING AND SHAPING IDEAS AMONG THE LEARNERS. • CLASS ROOM –MISHMASH OF ALL SORTS OF STUDENTS • ADD/ ADHD 5 CHANGING ROLE OF TEACHERS FOR EFFECTIVE LEARNING PROCESS • BE VIGILANT / KEEN OBSERVER TO FIND THE NEED OF EVERYONE • BE FRANK AND HONEST WHILE TALKING TO THE PARENTS • CONCENTRATE ON THE POSSIBLE SOULUTION OVER THEIR PROBLEMS • BE MASTER OF YOUR EMOTIONS AND KEEP YOUR HEAD • SHOW PERSEVERANCE TOWARDS YOUR RULES AND EXPECTATIONS • BE FACILITATOR AND CELEBRATE YOUR SUCCESS • BE RELIABLE ONE FOR THE STUDENS…………..
6. CASE STUDYCASE STUDY PROBLEM Student - Bhushan Mane Learning Obstacle Strategies followed by theacher Outcome 6
7. Diagnostic Action Child centered activity. • Peer teaching • Group activities • Implementing questioning techniques 7
8. STRATEGIES • Instructional language simple, • Be definite when you want them to do something • Give limited choices • Where possible, don't respond orally to bad behavior • Remember anger is temporary and is normal. • Time out seems to work for young children • Older pupils may work in a yellow/red card system where the yellow card is placed on their desk as a warning. • Try to avoid the anger rising - find opportunities for praising good behavior. Make sure you say what you are praising, e.g. Well done for sitting quietly in your chair. • If you see a potential anger situation arising, try to get in first and say something positive. 8
9. “Children with Special Need are butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings.” 9 Thanks !!!!!
10. “Children with Special Need are butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings.” 9 Thanks !!!!!