Published on December 30, 2016
1. SKILL DEVELOPMENT IN THE CHANGING SCENARIO ICT SKILLS: AN INTEGRAL PART OF SKILL DEVELOPMENT By Arti Chopra Principal, Amity International School, Sector 46, Gurgaon
2. ‘The purpose of education is to make good human beings with skill and expertise... Enlightened human beings can be created by teachers’. -A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
3. IS OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM PRODUCING THINKING INDIVIDUALS? What is the driving force of economic growth and social development? ..skill & knowledge Why is there a mismatch between the job requirement and the available qualified people?.. the skill challenge (numbers, quality, inclusion)
4. EDUCATION AND TRAINING IN THE NEW GLOBAL ECONOMY It needs “Basic Education for All”, “Core Work Skills for All” and “Lifelong Learning for All”. ICT can be used as a tool for educational change and reform ICT can make teaching and learning into an engaging, active process connected to real life Shifting “learning to learn,”: i.e., the acquisition of knowledge and skills that make possible continuous learning over the lifetime.
5. HOW CAN ICT EMPOWER TEACHERS AND LEARNERS? Student centered teaching learning process Communication skills, higher-order thinking skills Enhancing creativity, problem-solving abilities Powerful tool for educational change and reform.
6. HOW DID WE DO IT AT AMITY? … Positive, self sufficient, inclusive system Long-term financing Curriculum and pedagogy Blending with CBSE curriculum Teacher competencies Institutional readiness IT support management A structured decision-making process HOW DID WE PROMOTE LIFE-LONG LEARNING AT AMITY
7. TOOLS OF EVALUATION Technological literacy -Competence in the use of information and communication technologies. Digital Age Literacy- Use of images, graphics, video, charts and graphs or visual literacy. Information literacy- Ability to find, evaluate and make appropriate use of information Effective Communication and Teaming- Ability to work in a team. Collaboration and Ability to interact smoothly and work effectively with others Interpersonal skills-Be accountable for the way they use ICTs and to learn to use ICTs.
8. THE IMPLEMENTATION AREAS-
9. Outcomes of ICT Skill building Life long learning outcomes Enhanced satisfaction of all stakeholders of education Better CBSE results & placements Students are on the path of self- actualization Professional competence among teachers Communicati on and Collaboration Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving Emerging Global values
10. 90 5 5 Yes, as per the requirement No, more is needed Cant say IMPACT OF ICT DEPLOYMENT IN SCHOOL 98 0 2 yes Not at all often cant say 40 30 30 IT enabled presentation using tools of office365 Video shooting & developing Doing research based projects with the help of ICT 90 5 5 Very often Moderately often Not at all often Proficiency in using ICT ICT enhances communication and collaboration