Published on September 7, 2015
1. Infinitives p. 26
2. What is an infinitive? ● base form of the verb ● no person (1st, 2nd, 3rd) or number (singular, plural) ● two words: to + verb o to give o to speak o to try o to hear
3. In Latin ● infinitives end in -re ● translate with the word “to” ● to find a verb’s infinitive, look it up in the back of the book o 2nd part listed is the infinitive o audio, audire, audivi, auditus
4. Examples ● ambulare ● videre ● vexare ● ascendere ● dormire ● to walk ● to see ● to annoy ● to climb ● to sleep
5. How to use an infinitive ● complete the meaning of a verb o Sextus arborem ascendere vult. o Sextus wants to climb a tree. ● some of these verbs: (p 27) o *volo: I want; vult: he/she wants o *nolo: I don’t want o *potest: he/she is able o timet: he/she is afraid o paras: you prepare; parat: he/she prepares
6. Examples ● servus puellam videre potest. ● Marcus arborem ascendere terret. ● ancillae laborare parant. ● The slave is able to see the girl. ● Marcus is afraid to climb the tree. ● The slave women prepare to work.
Get the attractive PPT Presentation On GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES from slideworld.com. ... We have huge collection of PPT Presentation.
Compiled Documents for Translation Ecce Romani Chapter 68 Pliny . Updated Title Size TYPE R DL Uploaded by; 30 Jun 2015 :
Introduce the major disadvantages: "Despite these attractions, ... Infinitives or Gerunds? ... Michigan ECCE Prep. teste.
Mixed Conditionals . B2 Grammar topics. Future perfect ; Future perfect continuous ; Mixed conditionals ; Relative clauses (defining) Relative clauses (non ...
Indirect Commands Ecce ... thinking and perceiving with the subject of the statement in the accusative case and the verb an infinitive: ... Indirect ...
Imperfect and pluperfect subjunctive are formed from the present and perfect infinitives ... Iovis! ecce flumen ... PPT presentation: "BELIMICUS" is ...