Published on June 14, 2018
1. 1 www.dublindesign.com Easy Steps to Complete a Competitor Analysis HOSTED BY:
2. Presenters Fernando Angulo – Head of International Partnerships at SEMRush – @Fernando1Angulo Jacob Fairclough – Senior Account Analyst at Hanapin Marketing – PPC Hero Blogger – @SomeSecretJake
3. Who is Hanapin? The PPC Agency of Experts that increases market share for businesses with multiple brands, regions, products, and/or service lines. www.hanapinmarketing.com/complex-businesses Hanapin also produces PPC Hero and Hero Conf
4. Our Clients Include….
5. Join the Conversation Include the hashtag #thinkppc in your Twitter tweets. Or use the webinar question box to send us questions.
6. Live Poll Question #1 How long have you been in PPC? #thinkppc A. 0-1 year B. 1-3 years C. 3-5 years D. 5+ years
7. The Importance of Competitive Analysis The ultimate goal of Competitive Analysis is to understand: 1. Which competitors are advertising on Adwords? 2. How much traffic do they get? And what are they paying for these visitors? 3. What are their most popular or profitable keywords?
8. Which competitors are advertising on Adwords? - Rankings - Language - Multi-location - Multi-device - Ad budget
9. How much traffic do they get? - Number of Keywords - Volume of KW - Traffic - Percentage of traffic
10. What are they more profitable Keywords? - Ads coverage - Ads KW & content - Most profitable KW - Traffic - Percentage of traffic
11. Where to Find Data
12. Understanding Impression Share Impression share is how often your ad was shown compared to how often could have shown. The percentage only accounts for what you are targeting The percentage accounts for poor quality scores, low bids, outmatched competition, etc.
13. Understanding Impression Share
14. Adding New Metrics Blog Post - Find Your True Competition with Rank Above Share
15. Add Auction Insights Data to Performance Data You can also add impression share metrics to your standard interface and reports. Use this to: ●Quickly compare two periods for performance differences. ●Build lost impression share models. ●Keep an eye on lost impression share due to budget and rank.
16. Add Auction Insights Data to Performance Data Campaign and ad group data competitive data can be used to estimate expansion results and performance based on budget allocation. Blog Post - How to Get More Out of Excel Solver
17. Choose strong segments Auction Insights reports can skew your view. Make smart segments by: ●Product line ●Branded and non-branded ●Campaign intent ●Campaign type ●Being aware of seasonality
18. Segmenting by device You monitor your device performance — why ignore a competitor’s? Device performance can clue you in on who to watch for each device. Are competitors the same or do you see variation between devices?
19. Segmenting by time Are your competitors pushing or pulling back? Do drops and increases fall in regular patterns? This could indicate budget pacing targets. Is competition consistent over time?
20. Creating Action Items Blog Post - In Depth Competitive Analysis Device Trend Analysis
21. Offers! A. I’d like a free trial of SEMRush B. I’d like an emailed copy of Hanapin’s PPC Playbook for Companies with Multiple Brands C. I’d like both D. No, thanks.
22. Live Q&A Time!
23. Thank you for attending our webinar! #thinkppc Contact Hanapin Directly: email@example.com Contact SEMRush Directly: firstname.lastname@example.org Hanapin Marketing | The Agency Behind PPC Hero and Hero Conf Thank you!