Published on March 11, 2014
Assembled by Lua Emilia Presented Monday, March 10th, 2014 DX3 Conference Recap
• Engagement for many categories is incremental to PC, but for a few it is cannibalizing (i.e. Sports) • Some new stats: • Pinterest = 52% PC, 48% Mobile • Twitter = 30% PC, 70% Mobile People are accessing content in specific ways
2014 43 45 12 Tablet 2012 Content is accessed differently
• Mobile dominates the mornings • PCs dominate our days • Tablets take over in the evenings
• 4 out of 5 brands are seen as homogenous The Content Challenge
• For the most part, market share changes very little • Companies are now [successfully] going after share of content, or “share of culture” • Coca-Cola • Red Bull Crashed Ice • Adidas House Parties Share of Market vs. Culture
• Coca-Cola has not only made Content strategy part of their overall marketing strategy, it IS their marketing strategy. It’s even part of the VP title. “The goal of content and the Coca-Cola Marketing Strategy […] is to earn a disproportionate share of popular culture.” - Jonathan Mildenhall, VP Global Advertising Strategy & Content Share of Market vs. Culture
Cultural products are: • Pull vs. push • Experiences – physical, tangible & virtual • Embedded with cultural insights • Invite consumers in and pay off with entertainment • Place relationship above messaging • Have a purpose or utility
Find ways to keep the experience going • Keep people on your website • Anticipate what they are looking for • Renaissance hotel provides all information that guests are looking for (i.e. google maps, weather patterns during stay) Create a Content Journey
Not all content has to be pre-planned and scripted. Can be spontaneous and natural. • This content often resonates more with consumers (look at what goes viral) • Ex. David Beckham kicks a basketball into a basketball hoop Create a Content Journey
In-Store Digital Interaction, Customer Recognition, and Tech-Inspired Displays Interesting fact: If no back panel is added to an LED TV, the display is translucent, and looks like this. Stuff I Liked
Automated retail technology allows you to interact with digital POP Stuff I Liked
Nomi – App-Based Bluetooth Beacons Stuff I Liked
Brands are more invested today than ever before on curating and distributing paid,...
Marketers need to be creating and publishing original content across many differen...
As content marketing continues to increase in popularity in every industry, more m...
Il Direct Email Marketing (DEM) è una tipologia di marketing diretto che usa la po...
This presentation contains all 120 rules from Part 1 of the 2nd edition of "Email ...