Published on July 13, 2016
1. 2 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 3 T A B L E O F C O N T E N T SA B O U T U S T H E D U N C A N ® T E A M F I R E D P R O D U C T S KILN REQUIRED Introduction 12 UNDERGLAZES Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque 14 Duncan® E-Z Stroke® Translucent Underglazes 18 Duncan® Cover-Coat® Opaque Underglazes 20 GLAZES Duncan® French Dimensions™ 22 Clear Glazes 23 Duncan® Envision® Glazes 24 Duncan® Shimmer Glazes™ 27 Duncan® Crystals Glazes™ 28 Duncan® Color Burst Crystal Chips™ 28 Duncan® Crackles Glazes™ 29 Duncan® Satin Glazes® 30 Duncan® True Matte Pastels™ 30 Duncan® Designer Glazes® 32 Duncan® Courtyard Art Glazes™ 33 Duncan® Artisan Glazes™ 34 Duncan® Renaissance Glazes™ 35 SPECIALTY PRODUCTS SY Specialty Products 31 SY Metallic Glazes 31 SY Patch-A-Tatch® 31 SY Fired Snow 31 SY Wax Resist 31 N O N F I R E D P R O D U C T S NO KILN REQUIRED Introduction 36 Duncan® Bisq-Stain® Opaque Acrylics 38 Duncan® Sparklers™ Brush-On Glitter 40 Duncan® Ultra Metallics™ 40 Duncan® Granite Stone® 40 Duncan® Translucent Stains™ 40 Accessory Products 41 No-Fire Snows 41 B R U S H E S & T O O L S Introduction 42 Signature Brushes 44 Debut Taklon Brushes 45 Discovery Brushes 46 Brush Kits 48 Tools 48 Brush Care 48 Brush Cleaner 48 S A L E S S U P P O R T Tile Charts 49 Product Information & Labels 50 E D U C A T I O N Duncan® University 51 Duncan® ColorWorks™ 51 F A M I L Y Duncan® is a privately held, family-owned company located in the heart of Fresno, California. We’ve been a leader in the Ceramic Arts industry since 1946 thanks to our founder, Erma Duncan, a talented artist whose fired- art creations earned national recognition beginning in the early 1900s. A heritage brand that continues to value family, today Duncan® Enterprises is led by Larry Duncan, chairman. Our supporting team members bring an average of 12 years of experience to their roles. A deep sense of family extends to our customers who are guaranteed the highest quality ceramic arts products backed by 70 years of experience. H I S T O R Y In 1946, when Erma Duncan’s home-based studio where she taught ceramics became too small, the first Duncan® Ceramic Studio was opened in Fresno, California. Erma owned-and-operated the family business with her husband, Lee, and sons, Bob and Dick. At the new commercial site, wholesale distributing of ceramic products was added to the mix and first-of-their kind glazes were created and introduced. After 23 years of sharing her ceramics expertise, Erma retired from the company. Thanks to continued growth and expansion, Duncan® Ceramics became Duncan® Enterprises in 1976, and by 1983, the third generation of the Duncan family was operating the business. Duncan® Enterprises is proud to be a leading arts and crafts products manufacturer with an industry leading, worldwide network of distributors. Throughout its history, the company has remained committed to its core of ceramic arts under the Duncan® brand. Q U A L I T Y Ceramic artists can spend a lifetime striving to achieve just the right color. At Duncan® , we do the experimenting so you can skip straight to fulfilling your vision. We’ve spent the past 70 years testing our glazes and underglazes to create the most accurate and reliable colors available. From rich earth tones to brilliant neons, each batch of color meets our exacting standards for quality and consistency. Whether you want a soft watercolor effect or bold splash of color, you’ll always know exactly what you’re getting with our easy-to-use ceramic finishes. We rigorously test every new glaze for color accuracy on multiple surfaces. Use our high-quality glazes and underglazes on clay products or on our ceramic bisque line. We’ll supply the color palette—you bring the imagination! G U I D I N G P R I N C I P L E S At Duncan® , we attribute our longevity and success to our list of guiding principles. These underlying core values guide all of our interactions: 1. Practice high ethical standards 2. Respect people and their ideas 3. Use education, training and recognition to empower team members 4. Embrace constant change, improvement and innovation 5. Be socially and environmentally responsible 6. Achieve long-term success and profitability for all stakeholders We’re just as dedicated to these principles today as we were when we started our family business 70 years ago! I N T R O D U C T I O N T O F E A T U R E D A R T I S T S Emerging and well-known artists across the nation express themselves using Duncan® Ceramic Arts products. We’ve collected the work of eight artists with diverse design styles to help inspire your color selections. Each of our featured artists has applied their unique vision and distinctive style to showcase the world of possibilities our products unlock. Watch for their work in the following pages, and explore what our vivid colors can do in the hands of unrivaled talent. F E A T U R E D A R T I S T S David Hicks 4 Tony Marsh 5 Sunshine Cobb 6 Chris Miller 7 Vince Palacios 8 Koen Vrij 9 Natalya Sots 10 Michele Zulim 11
2. F E A T U R E D A R T I S T F E A T U R E D A R T I S T 4 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 5 T O N Y M A R S H David Hicks draws inspiration from California’s agricultural heartland to create objects that are both intangibly familiar and oddly reminiscent of vegetation. Presented in clustered masses of forms, his work is as rich in color and chromatic complexity as it is rooted in material exploration. With a BFA from California State University, Long Beach, and an master’s in fine art from Alfred University, David lives and works in Visalia, California. His art can be found in both U.S. and international museum collections. Tony Marsh explores the boundary between the physical and the divine with ceramic vessels that are both organic and geometric in form. In more than 25 years as the program chair of ceramic arts at California State University, Long Beach, he has developed a unique approach to ceramic pottery. Born in New York City to a pair of artists, Tony grew up in an arts-rich environment in central California and has earned both a bachelor’s of fine art in ceramic art from California State University, Long Beach and an master’s of fine art from Alfred University. In 1978, he traveled to Mashiko, Japan, to spend three years at the workshop of Mingei Master Potter Tatsuzo Shimaoka—who was later named one of Japan’s “Living National Treasures.” Today, Tony’s art appears in both private and permanent museum collections around the world, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the Mad Museum of Art in New York, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Oakland Museum of Art, the Gardiner Museum of Art in Toronto, and the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston. D A V I D H I C K S
3. F E A T U R E D A R T I S T F E A T U R E D A R T I S T 6 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 7 C H R I S M I L L E RS U N S H I N E C O B B Sunshine Cobb relies on texture and color to create a sense of motion and time in her ceramic pieces. She uses terms like nostalgia, wanderlust and reminiscence to describe the feelings she wants her pieces to evoke. It’s an approach that hints at her personal growth and accomplishment, and one she thinks many relate to. After all, who hasn’t been influenced by the surprising path their life has taken? Sunshine has a bachelor’s degree in studio art from California State University, Sacramento and an masters of fine art in ceramics from Utah State University. In 2013, she was named as an emerging artist by both Ceramics Monthly and the National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts. She works as a potter and travels the U.S. as a lecturing and demonstrating artist. Setting up a shop for her work in California is currently on her to-do list. Chris Miller engages a range of cognitive spaces by colliding figurative, animal, celestial and atomic metaphors with the tangible experience of material itself. Through heavily abstracted images that expose the real properties of materials, he advances a dialogue between what is there and what is imagined, allowing his work to question preconceived notions of beauty, order and time. With a bachelor’s of fine art from Pennsylvania State University and a master’s of fine art from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chris now teaches 3-D foundation at California State University, Long Beach. His diverse practice centers on many artistic processes and years of material research.
4. F E A T U R E D A R T I S T F E A T U R E D A R T I S T 8 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 9 K O E N V R I JV I N C E P A L A C I O S Vince Palacios showcases his unique use of ceramic decals in both national and international exhibits. His work has been included in several important private collections as well as prominent museum collections. After 16 years of teaching at Western Illinois University and California State University, Long Beach, Vince joined El Camino College in 2011 as the new ceramics professor. Now head of the ceramics department, he teaches beginning, intermediate and advanced courses. Koen Vrij explores the human figure through the medium of clay, juxtaposing figurative elements on vessel forms. By referencing core anatomical structures, he engages in a conversation about the physical and analogous nature of the vessel in relation to the figurative sculpture. Born in Amsterdam, Netherlands, in 1991, Koen is working toward completion of his bachelor’s of fine art and plans to continue his arts education with an master’s of fine art in ceramics.
5. F E A T U R E D A R T I S T F E A T U R E D A R T I S T 10 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 11 M I C H E L E Z U L I MN A T A L Y A S O T S Natalya Sots invigorating style and ceramics technique come from her work with children at a private art school in Pavlodar, Kazakhstan. Now living in a suburb of Chicago, Natalya is passionate about all areas of fine art but focuses on ceramic designs featuring fanciful artworks and vibrant colors. An artist since high school, Natalya worked at a ceramics factory in Kazakhstan where she decorated the dishes before they were glazed and fired. She continued this work while attending the University of Semipalatinsk where she earned a degree in art education. Today, she’s sharing her love of art with her 7-year- old daughter who is a trusty assistant, brushing the glazes on her works of art. Michele Zulim has created fired art for more than 35 years, specializing in clay, porcelain, stoneware and glass. Michele loves a challenge and didn’t skip a beat when asked to create a mosaic drum set for Duncan® .
6. F I R E D P R O D U C T S U N D E R G L A Z E S G L A Z E S S P E C I A L T Y P R O D U C T S Whether you’re looking for translucent watercolor effects or rich, solid coverage, we offer a wide range of hues in our Duncan® Ceramic Arts fired product families. From glossy to metallic to textured finishes, we are committed to meeting your creative needs, project after project. And because we hold ourselves to the highest of standards and follow stringent guidelines in the creation and production of all of our products, you’ll find that our nontoxic and easy-to-use underglazes and glazes provide consistent, brilliant results. Get started on your fired product journey! Look for the Kiln Required icon throughout these pages. FIREDPRODUCTS 12 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 13
7. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic U N D E R G L A Z E S F O R B I S Q U E The easiest way to add color to bisque is with Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque. With an easy-to-use color chart, featuring light, bright and dark color values, anyone can expertly enjoy the excitement of creativity. Whether you desire translucent or solid coverage, simple designs or the detailed majolica technique, Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque makes the Ceramic Arts experience quick and easy! Firing range cone 06 to cone 6 Kiln Required Easy for all skill levels Bright, vibrant colors Easy color selection Smooth creamy BRIGHTLIGHT Abalancedpaletteofcompatiblehues makecolorselectioneasy CN 074 Really Red CN 384 Fruit Punch CN 362 Ivory CN 244 Really White CN 241 White CN 253 Black Great for sponging Perfect for stencils DARKBRIGHTLIGHT CN 161 Light Wintergreen CN 171 Light Kelp CN 181 Light Kiwi CN 191 Light Ivy CN 201 Light Grey CN 211 Light Taupe CN 221 Light Blush CN 281 Light Brown CN 162 Bright Wintergreen CN 172 Bright Kelp CN 182 Bright Kiwi CN 202 Bright Grey CN 212 Bright Taupe CN 222 Bright Blush CN 282 Bright Brown CN 173 Dark Kelp CN 183 Dark Kiwi CN 193 Dark Ivy CN 203 Dark Grey CN 213 Dark Taupe CN 232 Bright Briarwood CN 233 Dark Briarwood Translucent or solid coverage CN 291 Light Purple CN 261 Light Grape CN 101 Light Heather CN 111 Light Delft CN 351 Light Sapphire CN 121 Light Nautical CN 131 Light Tidepool CN 141 Light Aqua CN 151 Light Blue Spruce CN 271 Light Jade CN 292 Bright Purple CN 262 Bright Grape CN 102 Bright Heather CN 112 Bright Delft CN 352 Bright Sapphire CN 122 Bright Nautical CN 132 Bright Tidepool CN 142 Bright Aqua CN 302 Bright Caribbean CN 152 Bright Blue Spruce CN 272 Bright Jade CN 293 Dark Purple CN 263 Dark Grape CN 103 Dark Heather CN 113 Dark Delft CN 353 Dark Sapphire CN 123 Dark Nautical CN 133 Dark Tidepool CN 303 Dark Caribbean CN 153 Dark Blue Spruce CN 013 Dark Straw CN 033 Dark Butternut CN 043 Dark Papaya CN 063 Dark Salsa CN 073 Dark Scarlet CN 373 Dark Honeysuckle CN 343 Dark Pink CN 083 Dark Wine CN 012 Bright Straw CN 022 Bright Saffron CN 032 Bright Butternut CN 042 Bright Papaya CN 052 Bright Tangerine CN 062 Bright Salsa CN 072 Bright Scarlet CN 372 Bright Honeysuckle CN 342 Bright Pink CN 082 Bright Wine CN 011 Light Straw CN 021 Light Saffron CN 031 Light Butternut CN 041 Light Papaya CN 371 Light Honeysuckle CN 341 Light Pink CN 081 Light Wine DARK Available in 2-oz., 8-oz., and 16-oz. squeeze bottles. Assorted colors in gallons. Note: Safe for use on food containers when applied to full coverage or when nontoxic, food-safe clear glaze is applied. Refer to the Mid-Range Performance Index at www.ducanceramics.com for cone 6 firing details by color. L E G E N D 1 coat coverage 3 coat coverage Artist: Tony Marsh Concepts® , EnvisionR Glazes, Cover-CoatR Undrglazes, and EZ-StrokeR Underglazes 14 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 15 FIREDPRODUCTS
8. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic U N D E R G L A Z E S F O R B I S Q U E CN 501 Neon Yellow CN 504 Neon Orange CN 506 Neon Coral CN 507 Neon Red CN 502 Neon Blue CN 503 Neon Chartreuse CN 505 Neon Green N E O N S E A R T H T O N E S CN 509 Paprika Red CN 510 Earthen Moss CN 311 Light Ginger CN 508 Chutney Spice CN 313 Dark Ginger CN 312 Bright Ginger CN 332 Bright Olive CN 333 Dark Olive S P R I N K L E S CN 514 Straw Sprinkles CN 515 Neon Orange Sprinkles CN 516 Really Red Sprinkles CN 517 Purple Sprinkles CN 518 Delft Sprinkles CN 519 Aqua Sprinkles CN 522 Really White Sprinkles CN 520 Caribbean Sprinkles CN 521 Kiwi Sprinkles CN 523 Ginger Sprinkles CN 524 Briarwood Sprinkles CN 525 Black Sprinkles Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque also offer a wide range of specialty colors featuring yummy earth tones, bold neons and exciting sprinkles. Whether you brush, sponge, spatter or stencil on, these fun color palettes are always rich and creamy and can be used in a combination with other glazes and overglazes. The earth tones are designed to capture the latest in home decor trend colors, while the neons will bring a strong visual impact to your project and the sprinkles offer a little bit of whimsy and fun! Firing range cone 06 to cone 6 Kiln Required Available in 2-oz., 8-oz., and 16-oz. squeeze bottles. Assorted colors in gallons. Note: Safe for use on food containers when applied to full coverage or when nontoxic, food-safe clear glaze is applied. Refer to the Mid-Range Performance Index at www.ducanceramics.com for cone 6 firing details by color. L E G E N D 1 coat coverage 3 coat coverage CN 511 Sunflower Yellow CN 513 Deep Berry CN 512 Green Apple Artist: Vince Palacios Concepts® 16 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 17 FIREDPRODUCTS
9. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic Intense pigment Easy for all skill levels T R A N S L U C E N T U N D E R G L A Z E S Intense pigment and high definition are the trademark of Duncan® E-Z Stroke® Translucent Underglazes. With just the flick of a brush, achieve the look of watercolor or detailed shading, with the range of colors blending together in a magical burst of color. Duncan® E-Z Stroke® Translucent Underglazes are perfect for brushwork, airbrushing and antiquing, making them the most versatile underglazes. Firing range cone 06 to cone 6 Kiln Required N E O N S EZ 008 Ruby Red EZ 061 Petal Pink EZ 035 Dutch Blue EZ 047 Thundercloud Grey EZ 044 Cobblestone EZ 068 Roasted Chestnut EZ 066 Morning Glory EZ 006 Forget-Me-Not Blue EZ 037 Black EZ 039 Dark Brown EZ 010 French Brown EZ 019 Smoke Grey EZ 038 Med. Mahogany EZ 064 Concord Grape EZ 063 Wine Berry EZ 052 Pecos Pink EZ 020 Mulberry EZ 023 Midnight Blue EZ 074 Dark Navy EZ 007 Royal Purple EZ 050 Pueblo Purple EZ 031 Light Blue EZ 002 Cinderella Pink EZ 030 Rose EZ 012 Cobalt Jet Black EZ 013 White EZ 022 Flesh Tone EZ 017 Dark Turquoise EZ 027 Navajo Turquoise EZ 042 Teal EZ 033 Ivy Green EZ 004 Willow Yellow EZ 059 Buttercream EZ 032 Peacock Green EZ 054 Papago Turquoise EZ 043 Mint Julep EZ 003 Irish Green EZ 028 Leaf Green EZ 018 Chartreuse EZ 070 Olive Green EZ 011 Sienna Brown EZ 014 Jade Green EZ 071 Dark Olive EZ 016 Grass Green EZ 024 Royal Blue Green EZ 053 Hacienda Jade EZ 105 Neon Green EZ 103 Neon Chartreuse EZ 102 Neon Blue EZ 106 Neon Red EZ 104 Neon Orange EZ 101 Neon Yellow EZ 058 Poppy Orange Available in a 1-oz. squeeze bottle. Assorted colors available in pints. Note: Safe for use on food containers when nontoxic, food-safe clear glaze is applied. Refer to the Mid-Range Performance Index at www.ducanceramics.com for cone 6 firing details by color. Artist: Koen Vrij E-Z Stroke® Underglazes EZ 025 Lemon Yellow EZ 034 Orange EZ 077 Fruit Punch EZ 057 Coral Red EZ 026 Yellow Orange EZ 005 Sierra Yellow EZ 055 Indian Summer EZ 075 Passion Red EZ 056 Brick Red 18 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 19 FIREDPRODUCTS
10. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic Artist: Natalya Sots Cover-Coat® Opaque Underglazes O P A Q U E U N D E R G L A Z E S Formulated for both greenware and bisque, Duncan® Cover-Coat® Opaque Underglazes provide intense, opaque color coverage. The porous matte finish fires to a softer look; or apply a clear glaze for brilliantly shiny color coverage. Trust Duncan® Cover-Coat® Opaque Underglazes for the richest color tones available in an underglaze, even when applied on top of the darkest colors. Firing range cone 06 to cone 6 Kiln Required N E O N S CC 196 Fruit Punch CC 120 Samoa Taupe CC 122 Moonstone Grey CC 148 Deep Turquoise CC 163 Danish Blue CC 154 Cobalt Navy Blue CC 121 Temple Grey CC 119 Charcoal CC 101 Arctic White CC 103 Lotus Yellow CC 102 Ivory Pearl CC 181 Indian Summer CC 171 Butterscotch CC 160 Deep Purple CC 145 Indian Red CC 188 Lilac CC 135 Lake Blue CC 108 Miami Pink CC 109 Sunset Pink CC 187 Rustic Red CC 152 Peach CC 184 Orange Peel CC 144 Burnt Orange CC 185 Apricot CC 134 Stardust Blue CC 141 Light Yellow CC 159 Bright Blue CC 137 Regency Purple CC 146 Purple CC 178 Pecos Pink CC 151 Rose CC 143 Yellow Orange CC 142 Canary Yellow CC 156 Medium Brown CC 106 Harvest Gold CC 105 Sungold Yellow CC 173 Cobblestone CC 157 Darkest Brown CC 112 Light Flesh CC 111 Dresden Flesh CC 117 Walnut Brown CC 194 Red Wagon CC 192 Dark Blue CC 186 Tomato Red CC 190 Baby Blue CC 140 Morocco Red CC 165 Black Brown CC 118 Cobalt Crystal Black CC 133 Turquoise CC 164 Ice Grey CC 131 Teal Blue CC 158 Bright Green CC 150 Medium Green CC 126 Spring Green CC 161 Blue Green CC 129 Forest Green CC 153 Avocado CC 127 Fern Green CC 180 Papago Turquoise CC 132 Fiesta Turquoise CC 136 Marlin Blue CC 174 Kentucky Bluegrass CC 128 Everglade Green CC 193 Hunter Green CC 191 Marine Blue CC 206 Neon Red CC 204 Neon Orange CC 201 Neon Yellow CC 202 Neon Blue CC 203 Neon Chartreuse CC 205 Neon Green Available in a 2-oz. squeeze bottle. Assorted colors available in pint and gallons. Note: Safe for use on food containers when nontoxic, food-safe clear glaze is applied. Refer to the Mid-Range Performance Index at www.ducanceramics.com for cone 6 firing details by color. L E G E N D without clear glaze with clear glaze 20 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 21 FIREDPRODUCTS
11. F R E N C H D I M E N S I O N S Raise your projects up a notch … literally! Duncan® French Dimensions™ are perfect for adding that extra depth of dimension your project craves. Use these high-pile glazes for raised design effects like dots, stripes, squiggles and outlines, and over and under nonmoving glazes and each other! And it couldn’t be easier – the fine-writer tip makes application super easy and super smooth. Duncan® French Dimensions™ are the perfect accent for every ceramic arts project! Firing range cone 06 to cone 6 Kiln Required FD 254 Black Licorice FD 271 French Kiwi FD 274 Light Pink FD 278 French Really Red FD 258 Pure White FD 265 French Straw FD 266 French Papaya FD 275 Neon Blue Available in a 1.25-oz. squeeze bottle. G L A Z E S Use a Duncan® Clear Glaze to apply a sparkling, protective finish to ware. Duncan® offers a wide range of clear dipping and brush-on glazes. Kiln Required D I P P I N G 26398 Pure Brilliance® Clear Dipping Glaze gallon 26399 Pure Brilliance® Clear Dipping Glaze 3.5 gallon B R U S H - O N 26394 Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze 4-oz. 26395 Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze pint 26396 Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze gallon 26397 Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze 3.5 gallon IN 1001 Envision® Clear Glaze Available in 4-oz., pint, 1 and 3.5 gallon brush-on SN 351 Clear Available in 4-oz., pint, 1 and 3.5 gallon brush-on CN 2000D Clear Available in 1 and 3.5 gallon dipping Make the socially and environmentally responsible choice with Duncan® pure•brilliance® Clear Glaze, the first-ever high-performance, nontoxic clear glaze. Forgiving with a fast and stable dry time, you can enhance underglaze colors with brilliant shine and superior protection. Duncan® pure•brilliance® Clear Glaze is craze resistant and most importantly, super easy to use, whether you brush on or dip your projects. Artist: Michele Zulim French Dimensions™ 22 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 23 FIREDPRODUCTS
12. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic G L A Z E S O P A Q U E Brilliant color is just a brush away with Duncan® Envision® Glazes, a full-range color line complete with translucent and opaque finishes. Firing range cone 06 to cone 6 Kiln Required Available in a 4-oz. jar. Assorted colors available in pints and gallons. Note: Safe for use on food containers when applied to full coverage or when nontoxic, food-safe clear glaze is applied. Refer to the Mid-Range Performance Index at www.ducanceramics.com for cone 6 firing details by color. S E M I - T R A N S L U C E N T IN 1609 Emerald Green IN 1065 Light Turquoise IN 1017 Sea Mist Green IN 1036 Bluegrass IN 1639 Apple Green IN 1640 Foliage Green IN 1669 Bottle Green IN 1019 Holiday Green IN 1016 Peacock IN 1037 Leaf Green IN 1627 Clear Black IN 1047 Roasted Pepper IN 1603 Autumn IN 1673 Espresso IN 1666 Walnut Brown IN 1055 Grape IN 1634 Royal Blue IN 1064 Baby Blue IN 1013 Denim Blue IN 1033 Bluebonnet IN 1014 Galaxy Blue IN 1034 Larkspur IN 1015 Caribbean Blue IN 1010 Plum Blush IN 1011 Royal Purple IN 1667 Caramel IN 1032 Miami Pink IN 1009 Cherry Red IN 1626 Royal Ruby IN 1006 Tearose IN 1021 Terra-Cotta IN 1023 Butter Toffee IN 1022 Peach Blush IN 1004 Sunset Red IN 1005 Ruby Red IN 1003 Sun Yellow IN 1001 Clear IN 1039 Mocha Cream IN 1679 Royal Danish IN 1629 Ivory Belleek IN 1038 Parchment IN 1781 Pumpkin Orange IN 1002 Nordic Light IN 1018 Celadon IN 1950 Indian Summer IN 1026 Very Black IN 1042 Grey IN 1613 Black IN 1059 Light Pink IN 1075 Cobalt Blue IN 1060 Bright Wine IN 1048 Delphinium IN 1012 Orchid IN 1105 Federal Blue IN 1074 Cranberry IN 1084 Fruit Punch IN 1035 Rain Tree Green IN 1116 Emerald Bay IN 1082 Chocolate Brown IN 1081 Cocoa IN 1043 Driftwood IN 1078 Key Lime IN 1062 Light Kiwi IN 1056 Aqua Fresca IN 1058 Clover IN 1079 Turquoise IN 1057 Iced Mint IN 1061 Light Kelp IN 1007 Carnation Pink IN 1653 Downright White IN 1100 White IN 1044 Sand Diego IN 1071 Lemon IN 1030 Cornmeal IN 1670 Sun Yellow IN 1053 Harvest IN 1072 Baroque Gold IN 1083 Honeysuckle Artist: David Hicks Envision® Glazes 24 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 25 FIREDPRODUCTS
13. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic G L A Z E S Duncan® Shimmer Glazes™ offer sparkle and shine like no other glaze on the market. This innovative new formula offers opulent beauty and sheen. Fire to cone 06 Kiln Required Available in a 4-oz. jar. Assorted colors available in pints and gallons. Refer to the Mid-Range Performance Index at www.ducanceramics.com for cone 6 firing details by color. Brilliant color is just a brush away with Duncan® Envision® Glazes, a full-range color line complete with speckled, neon and sprinkles finishes. Firing range cone 06 to cone 6 Kiln Required Available in 4-oz. and 16-oz. jars. Refer to the Mid-Range Performance Index at www. ducanceramics.com for cone 6 firing details by color. N E O N S S E M I - T R A N S L U C E N T S P E C K L E D O P A Q U E S P E C K L E D IN 1213 Orchid Sprinkles IN 1215 White Sprinkles IN 1214 Honeysuckle Sprinkles IN 1216 Very Black Sprinkles IN 1212 Cobalt Blue Sprinkles S P R I N K L E S ™ IN 1207 Neon Red Sprinkles IN 1210 Light Kiwi Sprinkles IN 1208 Neon Orange Sprinkles IN 1211 Neon Blue Sprinkles IN 1209 Neon Yellow Sprinkles IN 1201 Neon Yellow IN 1202 Neon Blue IN 1203 Neon Chartreuse IN 1204 Neon Orange IN 1205 Neon Green IN 1206 Neon Red IN 1066 Blueberry Spice IN 1029 Tweed IN 1040 Mocha Spice IN 1028 Grey Spice IN 1027 Spiced Cream IN 1067 Grape Spice IN 1052 Sage Brush IN 1049 Sand Bar IN 1068 Ocean Mist IN 1050 Oregano Artist: Sunshine Cobb Envision® Glazes Sandblasted Matte SH 509 Zircon Orange SH 510 Ice Blue Topaz SH 506 Teal Quartz SH 511 Amethyst SH 507 Sapphire SH 512 Garnet SH 508 Ruby SH 505 Aquamarine SH 501 Black Diamond SH 502 Hematite SH 503 Peridot SH 504 Emerald 26 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 27 FIREDPRODUCTS
14. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic Duncan® Color Burst Crystal Chips™ will make your ceramic art projects explode with color! Fire to cone 06 Kiln Required The brilliance of fireworks is transferred onto bisque with Duncan® Crystals Glazes™. The easiest glaze to apply, crystal pebbles of varying sizes are embedded into the glaze and burst in the kiln to reveal an explosion of multicolor flecks. The result is a distinctive and unique array of colors that even a novice artist can achieve. CR 880 Yellow Burst CR 882 Red Eruption CR 881 Purple Blaze CR 876 White Hot CR 877 Blue Surge CR 878 Orange Blast CR 875 Pitch Black CR 879 Green Thunder CR 823 Celadon Crackle CR 822 Mocha Cream Crackle CR 821 Parchment Crackle CR 800 Clear Available in a 4-oz. jar. Assorted colors available in pints. Refer to the Mid-Range Performance Index at www.ducanceramics.com for cone 6 firing details by color. Fire to cone 06 Kiln Required CR 927 Hawaiian Sand CR 925 Independence Day CR 923 Raspberry Lemonade CR 926 Sandy Beach CR 924 Wildflower Bouquet CR 922 Eruption CR 930 Tutti Frutti CR 928 Paradise Punch CR 931 Appletini CR 929 Orange Crush CR 902 Night Sky CR 901 Waterfall CR 934 Funfetti CR 935 Muddled Mint CR 933 Fireworks CR 932 Blueberry Bubblegum CR 20091 Harvest Time CR 20088 Blueberry Ice CR 20089 Raspberry Ice CR 20075 Dalmatian CR 914 Grape Splash CR 913 Cranberry Frost CR 915 Night Frost CR 918 Cherry Blossoms CR 919 Milky Way CR 920 Water Lilies CR 921 Glacier Storm CR 916 Holly Berries CR 917 Caramel Latte CR 20095 Blue Enamelware S K YE A R T H CR 850 Cumulus Clouds CR 851 Eternal Galaxy CR 852 Solar Flares CR 853 Sailor’s Delight CR 854 Outer Space CR 855 Water Lily Marsh CR 856 Ancient Woodland CR 857 Alpine Meadow CR 858 Polynesian Lagoon CR 859 African Savanna CR 904 Fudge Marble CR 903 Emerald Falls CR 910 Forest Moss CR 909 Moss Green CR 905 Blueberries CR 911 Ocean Mist CR 907 La Fiesta CR 906 Peppered Raspberry CR 908 Monet’s Garden CR 912 Spring Meadow Duncan® Crackles Glazes™ offer a distinctive, aged expression of decoration. Use them alone on bisque for subtle color through the cracks or apply over underglaze designs for a unique antiqued expression. Fire to cone 06 Kiln Required Available in 2-oz. size hang-tab tubes and in a wide range of colors! Available in 4-oz. jar and pint. 28 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 29 FIREDPRODUCTS G L A Z E S
15. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic S P E C I A L T Y P R O D U C T S Experience dreamy color with Duncan® Satin Glazes® , a full range of colors that fire to a soft, muted sheen. Whether used for solid color coverage, intricate design work or Majolica with an underglaze, the creamy results will astound you. Get carried away into softness with Duncan® Satin Glazes® . Fire to cone 06 Kiln Required Duncan® True Matte Pastels™ exude modern appeal, as pastels are here to stay and have evolved from sweet to sophisticated. This nontoxic, food-safe glaze line consists of 8 fresh colors developed to accentuate your design. The smooth matte finish creates a refined look whether painted in monochromatic hues, paired with bright colors, or used in a Majolica technique. Fire to cone 06 Kiln Required G L A Z E S ®® SN 374 Neon Yellow TM 301 Marshmellow Créme NEW! TM 302 Rainy Day NEW! TM 303 Moonlight NEW! TM 304 Dreamsicle NEW! TM 305 Minted NEW! TM 306 Baby Blues NEW! TM 307 Blushing NEW! TM 308 Sweet Dreams NEW! SN 375 Neon Orange SN 376 Neon Red SN 377 Neon Blue SN 379 Neon Green SN 380 Neon Purple SN 351 Clear SN 352 White SN 367 Banana Cream SN 355 Orange Fizz SN 372 Red Velvet SN 366 Black SN 381 Fruit Punch N E O N S Specialty Products • Subtle metallics with a slight filigree effect • For accenting or solid coverage • Beautiful polished, shiny finish Kiln Required SY 545 Patch-A-Tatch® • Clay cement for joining attachments • Mends broken greenware or bisque • Easy application Kiln Required SY 546 Fired Snow • Billowy white texture • Adds dimension up to 3/4” thick Kiln Required SY 547 Wax Resist • Repels underglazes and glazes applied over it • Burns off in firing, revealing designs or base colors • Prevents chipping and cracking when creating sgraffito SY 546 Snow Available in a 4-oz. jar and pint. Available in a 4-oz. jar. Available in a 4-oz. jar and pint Available in a 4-oz. jar SY 1024 Antique Pewter SY 1025 Heirloom Silver SY 1026 Modern Brass Artist: Vince Palacios Specialty Products Available in a 2-oz. squeeze bottle. Available in a 4-oz. jar. Assorted colors available in pints Available in 4-oz. and 16-oz. jars. 30 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 31 FIREDPRODUCTS
16. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic CY 122 Rustic Sunset CY 124 Fireluster CY 119 Golden Horizon CY 120 Harvest Plains CY 117 Sand CY 118 Pumpkin Spice CY 112 Saddle Clove CY 113 Hearthstone CY 116 Lava Slate CY 110 Iron Ore CY 102 Sagebrush CY 103 Desert Pine CY 104 Mediterranean Olive CY 108 Cactus Sand DG 213 Seafoam Sateen DG 212 Celery Charmeuse DG 211 Maize Twill DG 214 Sienna Suede Upscale art is easily achievable with Duncan® Courtyard Art Glazes™, a line of self-antiquing matte-finish glazes. Whether brushed, spritzed or sponged onto bisque, the rich colors transform in the kiln to produce spectacular works of art. Duncan® Courtyard Art Glazes™ are one of the easiest glazes to use, allowing every skill level to achieve professional results. Fire to cone 06 Kiln Required Emulate the lusciousness of luxury fabrics on projects with Duncan® Designer Glazes® . The unique color breaks in the glaze are especially attracted to textured bisque, enhancing the texture with various shades of color for a rich, lustrous finish. Duncan® Designer Glazes® make it easy to create couture for your home. Fire to cone 06 Kiln Required G L A Z E S DG 206 Forest Flannel DG 205 Crimson Chenille DG 204 Natural Linen DG 203 Carbon Chiffon DG 210 Cashmere Créme DG 202 Organza Orange DG 209 Teal Tweed DG 201 Distressed Denim DG 208 Khaki Canvas DG 207 Saffron Silk Available in a 4-oz. jar. Available in a 4-oz. jar. Assorted colors available in pints. 32 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 33 FIREDPRODUCTS
17. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic AG 408 Oyster Shell AG 409 Jade Haze AG 410 Deep Moss AG 411 Bistre Blue AG 412 Java Frost AG 401 Marbled Celadon AG 402 Turquoise Haze AG 403 Ocean Mist AG 404 Winter Fog AG 405 Smokestack AG 406 Aged Moss Specially formulated for cone 5-6 firings, Duncan® Renaissance Glazes™ bring your pieces to life with rustic hues and beautiful, one-of-a-kind color breaks. Ideal for stoneware, porcelain, greenware and bisque, this premier mid-range glaze family is safe for food containers and is overglaze compatible for a creative experience that’s unparalleled. Specially formulated to fire to cone 5-6 Kiln Required The Duncan® Artisan Glazes™ replicate the cone 5-6 look with just a cone 06 fire. These colors are the perfect choice for artists and potters who want to layer glazes on bisque created from low-fire clay bodies. Fire to cone 06 Kiln Required G L A Z E S RG 711 Burnt Apricot RG 709 Sepia Brown RG 710 Buff Clay RG 712 Smoked Cinnamon RG 713 Spiced Cream RG 715 Heirloom Blue RG 716 Henna RG 714 Pistachio Nut RG 703 Rustic Mustard RG 701 Vintage Blue RG 702 Antique Celadon RG 704 Shino Cream RG 705 Bronze Patina RG 707 Deep Sea Treasure RG 708 Pastel Peach RG 706 Frosted Brick RG 727 Midnight Sky RG 726 Bronzed Lilac RG 728 Lagoon RG 729 River Rock RG 732 Sand Storm RG 730 Weathered Copper RG 719 Rutile Haze RG 717 Indigo RG 718 Mottled Teal RG 720 Burnt Jade RG 721 Opal Lustre RG 723 Melted Caramel RG 724 Buttermilk RG 722 Sea Glass Artist: Vince Palacios Artisan Glazes™ Artist: Vince Palacios Renaissance Glazes™ Available in a 4-oz. jar and pint. Available in pints. 34 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 35 FIREDPRODUCTS
18. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic N O N F I R E D P R O D U C T S A C R Y L I C S S T A I N S A C C E S S O R I E S From translucent to opaque coverage, metallic sheens to textured effects, Duncan® Ceramic Arts nonfired products and protective sealers are the perfect way to get creative when you don’t have a kiln. Look for the No Kiln Required icon throughout these pages. Nonfired colors are used mainly for decorative pieces. Choose from a wide range of acrylic colors and finishes to decorate your bisque and craft surfaces. Nontoxic but not safe for use on food containers. 36 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 37 NONFIREDPRODUCTS
19. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic A C R Y L I C S • Rainbow of colors • Use with stencils, sponging, dry brushing, tole and decorative painting techniques • Water-based for easy cleanup No Kiln Required Available in a 2-oz. squeeze bottle. OS 431 White and OS 476 Black available in a 4-oz. jar and pint. OS 453 Grape OS 569 Concord OS 564 Pansy OS 452 Purple OS 444 Light Pink OS 500 Snowcloud Grey OS 533 Rosy Brown OS 486 Terra-Cotta OS 531 Rosy Tan OS 467 Light Brown OS 492 Angel Flesh OS 471 Medium Brown OS 508 Butterscotch OS 493 Sandalwood OS 443 Native Flesh OS 441 Dresden Flesh OS 431 White OS 481 Cinnamon OS 568 Fire Thorn OS 489 Saddle Brown OS 455 Holly Red OS 503 Barnyard Red OS 483 Real Red OS 480 Garnet Red OS 446 Shocking Pink OS 558 Miami Pink OS 551 Cotton Candy OS 559 Azalea OS 571 Curry OS 449 Bright Red OS 440 Burnt Orange OS 436 Gold OS 439 Hot Orange OS 438 Orange Peel OS 484 Persimmon OS 454 Rust OS 491 Goldenrod OS 435 Dark Yellow OS 485 French Vanilla OS 433 Pale Yellow OS 432 Ivory OS 499 Cornsilk Yellow OS 434 Lemon Peel OS 556 Lemon Grass OS 464 Bright Green OS 463 Medium Green OS 488 Christmas Green OS 456 Baby Blue OS 469 Light Turquoise OS 465 Holly Green OS 544 Rain Forest Green OS 487 Olive Moss OS 586 Ultramarine OS 468 Deep Turquoise OS 457 Medium Blue OS 466 Avocado OS 458 Wedgwood Blue OS 512 Liberty Blue OS 541 Northern Blue OS 460 Navy OS 565 Confederate Blue OS 459 Bright Blue OS 476 Black OS 475 Charcoal OS 567 Ash OS 474 Grey OS 450 Lilac OS 495 Chocolate Fudge OS 472 Walnut OS 473 Black Brown Artist: Chris Miller Duncan® Non-Fired Products 38 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 39 NONFIREDPRODUCTS
20. Legend: Safe for use on food containers Nontoxic but not for use on food containers Kiln Required No Kiln Required Nontoxic AS 952 Brush Cleaner • Removes color from bristles • Cleans without harming bristles • Conditions for longevity No Kiln Required A C C E S S O R Y P R O D U C T S • Extraordinary definition and highlights • Creates weathered and aged effects • Water cleanup Available in a 2-oz. squeeze bottle. No Kiln Required • Textured colors resemble mountain granite • Apply to bisque or fired surfaces • Easy brush-on application Available in a 4-oz. jar. No Kiln Required A C R Y L I C S S T A I N S GS 235 Quartz GS 248 Canyon Rock GS 249 Pueblo Sand GS 238 Sand GS 237 Sierra GS 236 Crystalline GS 243 Slate TS 568 Tan Sparkle TS 569 Buckskin TS 570 Pecan Sparkle TS 564 Brown TS 571 Walnut TS 566 Black GS 250 Southwest Sand AS 955 Satin Sealer Available in an 8-oz. squeeze bottle. AS 959 Hi-Gloss Sealer Available in a 2-oz. and 8-oz. squeeze bottle. AS 954 Matte Sealer Available in a 2-oz. and 8-oz. squeeze bottle. AS 953 Gloss Sealer Available in a 2-oz. and 8-oz. squeeze bottle. Available in an 8-oz. squeeze bottle. No-Fire Snows • Realistic snow effects • Nontoxic, self-sealing • Use on a variety of craft surfaces No Kiln Required AS 957 Thin ’n Shade™ • Purer thinning agent than water • Allows colors to remain workable longer • Mix with water-based fired or nonfired ceramic color No Kiln Required Brush-On Sealers • Smooth protective coating for acrylic pieces • Brightens projects • Nontoxic and dries quickly to invisible finish • 4 finishes No Kiln Required Liquid Fusion™ Clear Urethane Glue • Dries fast and crystal clear • Environmentally friendly • Works on almost any porous surface • Non-foaming • Cleans up with water when wet No Kiln Required AS 964 No-Fire Snow AS 974 Glittering No-Fire Snow Available in a 4-oz. jar AS 964 also available in pint. Available in a 2-oz. bottle. Available in a 2-oz. squeeze bottle. SG 881 Glittering Silver SG 882 Glittering Gold SG 880 Crystal SG 889 Emerald Green • Sparkle that won’t flake or rub off • Quick drying • Maintains sparkle year after year Available in a 2-oz. squeeze bottle. No Kiln Required • Precious metals look • Nontarnishing metallic colors • Self-sealing Available in a 2-oz. squeeze bottle. No Kiln Required UM 952 Antique Gold UM 951 Solid Gold UM 950 Brite Gold UM 953 Bronze UM 954 Copper UM 958 Blue UM 959 Green UM 957 Red UM 956 Silver 40 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 41 NONFIREDPRODUCTS
21. B R U S H E S T O O L S S I G N A T U R E D E B U T T A K L O N D I S C O V E R Y K I T S T O O L S Whether it’s your first time exploring the world of ceramic arts or you’re embarking on your hundredth adventure, we offer brushes and tools that make it easy to experience creativity and the excitement of personal accomplishment. If you’re just learning to paint, discover your passion with the versatility and affordability of our Discovery Brushes line. As you develop your skill sets, transition into the solid performance and durability of our Debut Taklon line before investing in our Signature Brushes – our premium brush line featuring red sable or badger hair. These brushes will offer you years of quality performance when cared for properly. Expand your design work experience with our Duncan® Ceramic Arts Tools like the multipurpose palette knife, carving tools and cleaning tools. BRUSHESTOOLS www.duncanceramics.com 43 42 Duncan® Ceramic Arts
22. • Firm body and shape retention • Crisp fine lines with controlled brushstrokes • Smooth, solid-color coverage and glaze application D E B U T T A K L O N B R U S H E S • Premium quality, red sable or badger hair • Properly cared for, these brushes will perform for years S I G N A T U R E B R U S H E S For fine features, small lettering, delicate shading and slender line work. SB 804 No. 4 Shader SB 809 No. 6 Shader SB 805 No. 8 Shader SB 810 No. 10 Shader SB 808 No. 4 Round SB 806 No. 6 Round SB 811 No. 8 Round SB 812 No. 10 Round SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze SB 801 No. 2/0 Detail SB 802 No. 1 Liner SB 803 No. 4 Liner Create a range of brushstrokes from elaborate designs to exacting details. For shading, lettering, ribbon effects, varying line widths, banding and dry brushing. For smooth, even application of solid color and shaded design work. Ideal for applying glaze or color over large areas and creating lightly feathered brushstrokes. TB 701 No. 2 Filbert TB 702 No. 6 Filbert TB 734 No. 8 Filbert TB 705 No. 6 Shader TB 706 No. 10 Shader TB 710 3/8 Angular Shade TB 711 1/2 Angular Shader TB 735 1/2 Oval Wash Mop TB 736 3/4 Oval Wash Mop TB 733 3/4 Flat Shader TB 715 3/4 Glaze TB 726 No. 4 Liner TB 720 No. 1/0 Detail TB 725 No. 10/0 Liner TB 727 No. 1 Liner TB 737 No. 3 Round TB 730 No. 5 Round TB 731 No. 7 Round TB 732 No. 9 Round For the same brushstrokes created with straight Shaders, with the added advantage that the point reaches small areas and the points of squares and triangles. For small details and brushstrokes. For line work and banding; excellent for comma strokes. For base coating and more. Chisel edge is ideal for floated strokes and shading. For smooth glazing and large brushstrokes like folk art flowers. For all glazing, solid-color applications and shading. For fine decorative line work like tendrils and crosshatching, delicate detailing and small facial features. For loading-and-tipping techniques. Perfect for tipping and/or sideloading with two or three colors. Ideal for bold designs. For “C” and “S” strokes, ribbon effects and shading with floated strokes. Has a chisel edge for the thin stroke, and a flat side for broad areas. For loading and tipping techniques, varying strokes and cursive lettering. Excellent for blending and shading, and solid- color coverage on small areas. BRUSHESTOOLS 44 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 45
23. • Versatile basics to discover the fun of ceramics • Wide range of brush tips • Great value for the cost-conscious artist D I S C O V E R Y B R U S H E S For fine design work, small lettering and delicate detailing. For dry brushing, design work and banding. For fine decorative line work, delicate detailing and small facial features. For use on large, smooth areas, and for streaking, patterning and antiqued effects with translucent colors. For decorative or full-flowing lines, detail and design, lettering, features and banding. For shading, solid-color coverage, lettering, ribbon effects, varying line widths and banding. For loading-and-tipping techniques such as tole painting, and for lettering, shading, banding and solid-color coverage. For the same brushstrokes created with straight Shaders, with the added advantage that the point reaches small areas and the points of squares and triangles. Specially designed for applying Mother- of-Pearl Overglaze over fired glaze surfaces. BR 594 No. 12 Mother-of-Pearl BR 545 3/4 Flat Translucent BR 601 No. 10/0 Liner BR 571 No. 4 Liner BR 572 3/16 Shader BR 531 1/4 Sabeline Shader BR 532 1/2 Sabeline Shader BR 603 1/4 Angular Shader BR 602 1/2” Angular Shader BR 574 No. 6 Dry Round BR 529 No. 4 Sabeline Round BR 585 No. 6 Sabeline BR 530 No. 8 Sabeline Round BR 596 No. 7/0 Detail BR 582 No. 5/0 Detail BR 570 No. 2/0 Detail BR 520 No. 2 Detail For creating textures, patterns and banding. For coverage of large, smooth areas, dry brushing and shading. For solid-color coverage, dry brushing and design work. For good overall coverage; ideal for glazing and opaque underglazing. Recommended for beginners. For better overall glazing and opaque underglazing coverage. For application of glaze and underglaze to broad areas. BR 576 3/4 Premium Glaze BR 588 No. 10 Oval Mop BR 551 No. 3 Round Opaque BR 552 No. 5 Round Opaque BR 553 No. 8 Round Opaque BR 604 No. 10 Round Opaque BR 605 No. 12 Round Opaque BR 554 No. 1 Flat Opaque BR 555 No. 3 Flat Opaque BR 556 No. 5 Flat Opaque BR 557 No. 8 Flat Opaque BR 606 No. 10 Flat Opaque BR 575 No. 3 Fan BR 593 3/4 Economy Glaze BRUSHESTOOLS 46 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 47
24. B R U S H K I T S The convenient way to buy brushes for almost any type of decorating project. B R U S H C A R E Glazes and Underglazes Wash thoroughly with AS 952 Duncan® Brush Cleaner after each use. Water-Based Nonfired Products Wash thoroughly with AS 952 Duncan® Brush Cleaner after each use. B R U S H C L E A N E R AS 952 Brush Cleaner • Removes color from bristles • Cleans without harming bristles • Conditions for longevity Available in 8-oz. squeeze bottle. No Kiln Required Oil-Based Nonfired Products Wipe excess color onto paper towel. Clean brush with AS 952 Duncan® Brush Cleaner. T O O L S • The perfect tool for every task • For cleaning greenware • To accent your masterpieces TL 412 Double Spiral – Excellent for smoothing hard-to-reach areas and holes. TL 411 Stylus – Excellent for tracing patterns onto greenware, for incising work and for stamping single dots of color onto ware. TL 403 Large Cleanup – A larger version of TL 401 Cleanup, this tool is excellent for cleaning large, heavy pieces. TL 402 Spear Tip Cleanup – An excellent tool for general cleanup of greenware with narrow openings, as well as for recarving lost details on finely detailed ware. TL 401 Cleanup – The most popular tool for removing seamlines and small blemishes from greenware. TL 420 Palette Knife – For mixing and blending of colors on glazed tile or palette, and for applying color in palette knife techniques. Also great for shaving off drips and runs while using dipping glaze. BR 599 Introductory Ceramics Brush Tool Kit BR 610 Petite Drybrush Kit BB 104 White Bristle Flat Brush Kit BB 105 White Bristle Round Brush Kit BB 106 Liner Brush Kit BB 107 Round Brush Kit DISCOVERY BRUSH KITS ECONOMY BRUSH KITS Great for acrylics! TL 497 Viscosity Cup Great tool used to measure thickness of dipping glaze. TL 498 French Dimensions Tip Pack Perfect for replacement of French Dimensions® Tips. Easily snaps into existing French Dimensions® bottle. BB 108 Shader Brush Kit BB 109 Ceramics Brush Kit B R U S H K I T S T O O L S T I L E C H A R T S Are you a studio owner looking for the perfect way to show your customers all of the wonderful color options available in popular Duncan® color lines? Or perhaps you’re an educator who wants to inspire your students with beautiful color palettes and unique combinations! Our Duncan® Tile Charts are ideal for easily viewing how each hue will turn out once fired. This eliminates frustrating guesswork and makes project color selection easy and more accurate! MY 1121 Concepts® Tile Chart MY 1122 Envision® Glazes Tile Chart MY 1124 E-Z® Stroke Tile Chart MY 1126 Art Glazes Tile Chart Glaze families include: Artisan Glazes™ , Courtyard Art Glazes™ , and Designer Glazes® MY 1123 Cover-Coat® Tile Chart MY 1125 Glaze Tile Chart Glaze families include: Crystals Glazes™, Satin Glazes® , French Dimensions™, and Specialty Products BRUSHESTOOLS 48 Duncan® Ceramic Arts www.duncanceramics.com 49
25. 50 Duncan® Ceramic Arts P R O D U C T I N F O R M A T I O N Essentials These four one-day courses include hands-on experience with products, techniques and special effects. Participants who complete all four courses are awarded the Duncan® Certified Teacher Award (CDT). Gain a wealth of knowledge and inspiration at every class level! Let Duncan® University Certified Ambassadors share their talent and experience to guide you to creative success. Advanced Courses Once you have completed the Essentials Series to earn the level of Certified Duncan Teacher, you become eligible to earn additional Duncan U credits by enrolling in our advanced courses. Advanced courses are 3 hours or a full day in duration and are designed to enhance your knowledge of techniques and product use to build upon the basics you gained from our Essentials Series. Over 80 advanced courses are available. Visit www.DuncanCeramics.com/education to learn more! C L A S S R O O M E D U C A T I O N The Duncan® Colorworks™ program offers quick classroom art projects and more extensive art lesson plans that can be applied to Language Arts, Math and Science. Colorworks™ Features: • Developed especially for educators and their students • Dynamic lesson plans quick art projects • Valuable information on nontoxic color lines • Energizes your existing curriculum • Helpful hints for a truly inspiring and creative learning environment Lesson Plans Visit www.duncanceramics.com for quick and easy project ideas to help your students express their creativity. These classroom projects can be completed with basic art skills, minimal supplies and within a short time. Duncan® University is the most extensive ceramics education program in the industry. From beginner to advanced, Duncan® U offers a wide variety of courses taught by the most knowledgeable teachers in the industry – Duncan® Ambassadors. • Learn new techniques • Earn awards • Create beautiful projects • Become an expert in Duncan® ceramic products • Have fun! P R O D U C T E D U C A T I O N Duncan® University Awards Enrich your life with ceramics education and be rewarded for it! As you advance in your knowledge and skill level of ceramic arts, you’ll enjoy receiving the recognition and prestigious awards that accompany your success. L A B E L S Each Duncan® product label is much more than just a pretty front on a fine product. Our labels are carefully designed to provide you with convenient information about the use of our products. 2-oz.,8-oz., and 16-oz. squeeze bottles 4-oz. jars 3.5 GallonGallonPint1.25-oz. squeeze bottle 1-oz. squeeze bottle A. Color number and name Each color has an individual color number and name. Duncan® places colors in color-wheel sequence on our color charts to make it as convenient as possible for you to pick just the right color tone, tint or shade. Normally, you'll find each color placed in numerical order on your dealer's shelves. After you have selected the color you want, find its color number and you'll locate it easily. B. Overglaze compatible The use of an overglaze can really enhance the quality of a finished piece, but because some glazes contain small amounts of copper for color, they will not work with overglazes. Duncan® glazes are all identified as to whether they will or will not work with overglazes. Glazes that will work with overglazes state OVERGLAZE COMPATIBLE. Glazes that do not work with overglazes will not include this statement. C. Transparency Opaque, Semi-opaque, Translucent, Semi-translucent, Clear All color products fall into one of these categories. The label identifies the transparency of each product. D. Nontoxic symbol All Duncan® products carry a nontoxic symbol that certifies our products are in compliance with the Consumer Products Safety Commission’s safety requirements. E. Food Safety Label will indicate if the glaze is safe for use on food containers. F. Kiln requirements Refer to this icon for kiln requirements. Duncan® Underglazes and Glazes are available in a wide selection of sizes that make it convenient for everyone from individual ceramists to studio owners! F I R E D N O N F I R E D A CFF F D A C D E B 2-oz. Tube EDUCATION www.duncanceramics.com 51
If you need a new copy of the AP contract for the 2016-17 ... * Student Self-Selection ... or discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity ...
2016-17 Australian Workshops ... of luxuriant rainforests and sparkling white beaches In this selection of spectacular ... Grid View of 3D Books.
WEDNESDAY 20 JANUARY 2016 17. ... Colourplus Long Summer Save up Arch Duncan Rocky River. paint | wallpaper | curtains | blinds. style. Up to.
2016-17 Australian Workshops ... world-renowned photographer Ken Duncan turns his camera on the varied landscapes of his ... Multimedia Products ...
Browse Seymour Duncan products Seymour Duncan at Musician's Friend. ... 04 Jul 2016 17:10:44 GMT. ... Color Changers & Wash Lights; Par Cans;
2016–17 San Antonio Spurs season: ... Duncan quickly emerged as a dominant ... Since becoming the San Antonio Spurs in 1973, the team colors have ...
Color Guard; Spirit Wear; Absence Form; ... Congratulations to the 2016-17 Marching Lancer Dancers. ... Veronica Duncan Sarah Eversman Kinsey Gamboe
... Faction 1617, Author ... Faction has you covered both physically and ethically with our down selection. ... AUTUMN/WINTER 2016/17. COLOUR ...