Published on January 4, 2017
1. Forensic Audit RFQ Process October 18, 2016
2. Background • Council discussed scope of forensic audit RFQ on September 20th • Ms. Wallace asked for guidance on scope and years, then stated she would take to Audit Committee on Oct 7 and release for advertising on Oct 8, with Audit Committee approval. • Council reached 4-3 consensus to audit FYs 2006-2015 • Agreed to arrange into 2 phases – Phase 1 = Finance – Phase 2 = Public Works & HR • Agreed to begin with a broad scope, with the understanding it can be narrowed in the future – During discussions with selected CPA firm or after interim reports received 2
3. Audit Committee Meeting • Ms. Wallace updated RFQ with guidance received during council meeting • Audit Committee reviewed on Oct 7, and approved advertising for one month – October 9 – November 4 – COK website, Demand Star, ESBD, Ion Wave – Sent directly to 13 firms that have performed forensic audit work in the past – KDH Oct 9, 16, 23 & 30 3
4. Audit Committee Meeting, con’t. • Committee also discussed adding one or two citizen members to audit committee • Next meeting: October 24 4
5. RFQ Evaluation Process • Evaluation Committee shall screen and rate all responses • Evaluation Criteria: – Firm qualifications and experience (45 points) – Personnel qualifications (25 points) – Project approach (25 points) – Quality of response (5 points) • Proposers with three highest combined scores may be asked to interview • Most qualified firm selected, and negotiations begin 5
6. Timeline Options • Appoint Evaluation Committee – Membership? • Audit Committee? Audit Committee + new public member(s)? • Committee consisting of member of audit committee, council, public, staff? – Appoint Oct 24, Nov 1 (special meeting), or Nov 8 • Option 1: – Evaluate week of Nov 7 – Report to council on Nov 15 (workshop) – Interview Nov 22 (special workshop) or Nov 29 (5th Tuesday) • Option 2: – Evaluate week of Nov 14 – Report to council on Nov 22 (special workshop), – Interview Nov 29 or Dec 6 6
Background • Council discussed scope of forensic audit RFQ on September 20th • Ms. Wallace asked for guidance on scope and years, then stated she would take to ...
While a forensic audit may sound like something exciting you hear about on crime dramas like Law and Order or CSI, ... What Is a Forensic Audit?
View Notes - Topic 1_Forensic_Accounting_In_Society_update from ACCOUNTING ACC at Singapore Institute of Management. Topic 1 Forensic Accounting In Society 2 Nature ...
AUDIT OF THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION LABORATORY’S FORENSIC DNA CASE BACKLOG . Executive Summary . This report is a follow-up to the U.S. Department of ...
Forensic Audit Update – January 2017. ... AMLS specializes in Forensic Accounting and investigations. Shannon Hodges, a principal at the firm, ...
FORENSIC accounting update March 2017 shadow fc;tmsgmectocc(Ywilt-c144t3/ A "shadow expert" advises one of the parties in a case as part of the legal team and is not ...
Welcome to the official website of the City of Killeen, Texas, Home of Fort Hood, ... DS-16-156 Code Enforcement Update. DS-16-157 Forensic Audit Update.
THE MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT | ... FORENSIC ACCOUNTING AND AUDIT ... Updates 15 Round Table Discussion 60 CMA Dossier 105 Institute News 118
FORENSIC accounting update November 2016 Expert MCCOUYlta.VItS) re.pOrtk - 25 144,1AR/s/ The Civil Justice Council's "Guidance for the instruction of experts in civil ...