Published on March 2, 2014
Is a national infrastructure budget key in promoting industrial growth? Nirav Desai January 20, 2014
1.Scrap Value Added Tax I think VAT produces a cascading taxation effect that is not favorable for manufacturing businesses Whilst VAT is a consumption tax, imported goods are not subject to VAT. This makes domestically produced goods at a cost disadvantage to imported goods. All countries that started with VAT have now moved on to GST
2. Goods and Services Tax Does not have cascading taxation effect Imposed only once in the chain: at the final point of sale Covers both manufactured goods and services Taxes both domestically produced and imported goods Canada, Ireland and other countries that started with VAT have now moved onto GST.
3. Strong and stable currency Strong and stable currency reduces inflation This reduces cost of raw material required by manufacturing industry esp. oil, gas, coal, iron ore, etc. Stable currency provides certainty to manufacturers about input costs
4. Well laid out infrastructure Well developed ports, railways, road networks are necessary to ensure speedy transport of raw material and goods Strong networks of roads connecting ports, airports and railways is necessary to ensure timely delivery of goods and no congestions Last mile links are often the critical bottleneck All highways need to be expressways with at least 8 lanes of traffic
5. Identifying areas of competence Invest in R&D to setup a portfolio of patents and identify areas of core competence Make larger investments after initial tests on products are successful Set up manufacturing clusters to provide support systems to businesses Areas such as semiconductors, carbon composite materials, electronics, energy are key areas where attractive returns are possible with right patents.
6. Case Study: Semiconductor Fabrication Facilities India does not have a semiconductor fabrication facility Manufacturing of semiconductor memories and LED displays could be lucrative if we have right patents These are high volume businesses where products with moderate levels of complexity can sell successfully Stepping stones to making more complex designs such as microprocessors and custom integrated circuits.
VITOGAZ vous présente: CFBP baromètre gpl carburant
Ata Escrita da 16ª Sessão Ordinária realizada em 16/10/2014 pela Câmara de Vereado...
Ata Escrita da 10ª Sessão Extraordinária realizada em 16/10/2014 pela Câmara de Ve...
Rx1 zayiflama hapi, kullanimi nasildir, yan etkileri var mi? yan etkiler var ise h...
Esposto del MoVimento 5 Stelle sul Patto del Nazareno
” title=”Does India Need an Infrastructure Budget?”>Does India Need an Infrastructure Budget?
Infrastructure India: A Long Road Ahead ... in central India. Combined with budget air ... and how it’s infrastructure matches a company’s needs ...
Repairing Our Infrastructure; ... that infrastructure does not ... for infrastructure needs. Overall, the House Budget for fiscal year 2015 ...
Does India Need a Separate Rail Budget? Article; Comments (1) Budget 2013; ... India’s separate rail budget, a leftover from the 1920s, ...
Infrastructure. Infrastructure is a major sector that propels overall development of the Indian economy.
2014 California Five-Year Infrastructure Plan 7 Budget ... does not include all the infrastructure ... Infrastructure Needs: The infrastructure plan ...
Infrastructure sector in India (roads, ... Download the latest reports on the Indian infrastructure industry here! ... India needs Rs 31 trillion ...
Publication of the full report “Strategic Transport Infrastructure Needs ... on budget sources: Infrastructure ... Infrastructure Alliance . India .
... the United States has an excellent infrastructure. ... This does not include thousands of barges, ... budget in 2000 was $13.7 billion.