Published on February 16, 2018
1. Does Body Weight Trigger Joint Pains?
2. Is your weight the reason behind an occasional twinge of joint pain you experience when you climb stairs or go for a walk? It is not a commonly known fact. But, yes! overweight (a BMI of 25 to 29.9) or obese (BMI 30 or higher) raises the risk of arthritis, and in some cases, obesity makes arthritis worse. And what may hurt you more than the day-in, day-out aches is how the joint pain affects your ability of performing daily activities like a weekly tennis game with a friend or playing tag with your niece. One simple step toward prevention of arthritis is to check your weight. Before getting into how to maintain healthy weight for healthy joints here is what you need to know about, how weight plays a part in causing Joint pains? www.askapollo.com Does Body Weight Trigger Joint Pains
3. “Every pound of excess weight exerts about 4 pounds of extra pressure on your knees”, which means a person who is 10 pounds overweight has 40 pounds of extra pressure on his knees. That is why people who are obese are at higher risk of developing arthritis. And once a person has arthritis, the extra pounds causes even more problems on already damaged joints. Hence maintaining healthy weight is essential to keep arthritis at bay. www.askapollo.com Did You Know??
4. Proper weight management benefits your joints in various ways which include www.askapollo.com Reduces joint pain Reduces pressure on joint Improves joint functioning and overall health Eases pain and Inflammation Enhances good night’s sleep Makes breathing easier Cuts the risk of various chronic health conditions Lowers the risk of heart diseases and stroke
5. How to protect your joints? Manageweight: Exerciseregularly Try massage therapy Consider herbal remedy www.askapollo.com Shredding weight helps take pressure off your joints. Losing as less as just 10 pounds reduces about a 30-pound load on each knee with every stride. Go for gentle movements, low-impact activities, such as walking, aerobics or swimming or strike a yoga pose to help you manage your weight, which causes joints have a less overall force to bear. It also helps strengthen muscles around your joints for improved mobility. Studies have shown that people suffering from chronic joint pains enjoy a relief in arthritis symptoms with regular massages. Massage is also a proven method to lower stress and anxiety, which may help you lose weight. Some natural treatments have been shown to be effective anti-inflammatories that can help ease joint pain.
6. Conclusion Weight loss is a tough endeavour and may seems like an impossible task when you have sore joints, but no single action can provide as many positive effects on the body as weight loss. The sooner you get started, the sooner you will get to your target weight. It is always advised to consult a rheumatologist regularly to keep a check on arthritis. www.askapollo.com Book an online appointment with our best rheumatologists at www.askapollo.com
7. Ask Apollo portal offers hassle-free,easy and quick online appointments with the best specialists at Apollo Hospitals to cater to all your medical problems. Avail excellent treatment options for all your health problems and ensure your well-being with their expertise and care. www.askapollo.com