Published on October 15, 2014
1. Telephone System Training ISO 9001:2008 Gourav Chawla(ECE-3, 07676802811)
2. The purpose of Telephone system is to provide voice and data communication for DMRC. At each station, communication is provided through EPABX. All the telephone systems are connected together to form a telephone network over FOTS. There are two independent networks established between the stations – EPABX network and direct line network. One EPABX system is used to implement these two networks independently. Separate interfaces are used inside the PABX for telephone network and direct line network. EPABX network is used for the administrative communication purposes, including communication with outside DMRC. This includes extensions for the staff concerned with administration, trunks to PSTN using DID and CO trunks, digital phones, and analog phones. ISO 9001:2008
3. Direct line Network is used for the operational communication purposes. The communication will be between the stations and OCC and depots. It includes analog extensions digital extensions used as direct line telephones at stations and direct line consoles and group call sets at OCC and depots. It also has leased lines to DVB, Fire, Police and Ambulance for rapid communication. EPABX: The EPABX stand for Electronic Private Automatic Branch Exchange. It is an exchange that serves a particular business or office, as opposed to one that a common carrier or telephone company operates for many businesses or for the general public. It is also known as PABX. This system works on -48 V DC from SMPS. Data is processed at a rate of 64k bps. ISO 9001:2008
4. Functionally, the PBX performs four main call processing duties: Establishing connections (circuits) between the telephone sets of two users (e.g. mapping a dialed number to a physical phone, ensuring the phone isn't already busy) Maintaining such connections as long as the users require them (i.e. channeling voice signals between the users) Disconnecting those connections as per the user's requirement Providing information for accounting purposes (e.g. metering calls) ISO 9001:2008
5. ISO 9001:2008 EPABX System at OCC: Telephone system shall interface to the radio system to enable radio users to initiate and receive calls to/ from EPABX extension or to MTNL or TATA INDICOM telephones. Centralized Digital Recording System: The telephone system is equipped with a CDRS for recording of designed lines, emergency PAS announcements and designated conversion system. Network Management System: The telephone network including EPABX and DLTC system is monitored, supervised and controlled by a NMS. EPABX rack is divided in two shelves: a. Shelf 0 b. Shelf 1 These shelves can be extended according to requirements.
6. OMNI PCX -4400 is further sub-divided into two types. Which are given below:- 1-M 2 TYPE Exchange-Installed at each station of DMRC. 2- M 3 TYPE Exchange-Installed at OCC SHPK,OCC BRKR,KGRC,KPD ,SHPKD and all Depot of Phase-II project. In DMRC two CPU are used for redundancy purpose. In M2 type exchange Main CPU is installed in Sl.No.6 and redundant CPU is installed in Sl.No.10.In case of any failure , redundant CPU becomes main. Main CPU is installed in sl.No.20 and redundant CPU is installed in Sl.No.6 in M3 type exchange. ISO 9001:2008
7. ISO 9001:2008 Cabinet M2 740 mm 515 mm 570 mm Cabinet M3 1500 mm 515 mm 570 mm Units
8. Cards In EPABX UA boards (UA16, UA32) 16 to 32 dedicated digital sets .The UA board allows sets and UA terminals to be connected. ISO 9001:2008 Z boards (Z12, Z24) 12 to 24 analog terminals.This board allows 12 or 24 analog terminals to be connected to the ACT system. PRA / PRA2 board 1 T2 for EPABX interface. The PRA board allows connecting the system to the ISDN network and private network (2Mbits link; ABC-F protocol). NDDI board 8 analog interfaces
9. ISO 9001:2008 VG board 2 INTEL flash cards ( 2x4 Mo) for voice guides.The VG (Voice Guides) board is a auxiliary-ACT board . It generate the voice guides (VG). GPA board 5 DSP which can be used for 29-way conference calls , recording voice guides and R2 frequency receivers. The GPA (G eneral P urpose A uxiliary) board fulfils different speech processing functions. It can also process, in detection or generation, tones and multifrequencies used within the different public or private networks. INTOF board Interconnection of ACTs in Multi-ACT configuration for long distance : The INTOF board (INTerconnection on Optical Fiber) carries out a connection between a main ACT and a local or remote peripheral ACT.
10. MMSFD board The Mass Memory Support (MMS) board is a physical support for the OmniPCX 4400 mass memory. It is 3.5" diskette drive (MMSFD board). This board used for taking back up on floppy disk or restore data’s from floppy disk. CPU board The CPU processing unit is the heart of the PABX. It processes system applications (telephone applications, telematic applications, voicemail applications, etc.). It generates clock signals and tones for the entire ACT. ISO 9001:2008
11. Connection of Phones at a Station IDF-Intermediate Distribution Frame ISO 9001:2008 EXCHANG E MDF IDF PHONE MDF-Main Distribution Frame
12. Stations Connectivity: Station 1 Station 2 ISO 9001:2008 DD F SD H SD H EP AB X DD F EPA BX ODF ODF DDF-Digital Distribution Frame SDH-Synchronous Digital Hierarchy ODF-Optical distribution Frame
13. Types of networks: 1-EPABX NETWORK: EPABX network is used for the administrative communication purposes, including communication with outside DMRC. This includes extensions for the staff concerned with administration, trunks to PSTN using DID and CO trunks, digital phones, and analog phones. The EPABX Switch Network will use the ALCATEL 4400 PABX system and also Alcatel Transmission Equipment between the stations, using 2 Mbps links to Fiber Optic Transmission System (FOTS). 2-DIRECT LINE NETWORK: Direct line Network is used for the operational communication purposes. The communication will be between the stations and OCC and depots. It includes analog extensions used as direct line telephones at stations and direct line consoles and group call sets at OCC and depots. It also has leased lines to DVB, Fire, Police and Ambulance for rapid communication. ISO 9001:2008
14. Types of Telephone instruments used in DMRC ISO 9001:2008 1 Analog phone 2 Analog feature phone 3 Digital Phone 4 Direct line phone 5 Console
15. Types of phones used: 1. Digital: (work on 48-54V DC) a) Digital phone b) Direct line console 2. Analog: (work on 38-40V DC) Priority of digital phones is kept higher than that of analog phones, that is, digital phone can take channel from analog port if all digital ports are busy. ISO 9001:2008
16. Numbering plan: 1. Analog: Two digit station code + three digit specific room no. Eg: For 89500 number, 89 500 ISO 9001:2008 Station code Specific room no
17. Numbering plan: 2. Direct line: 6 + two digit station code + two digit specific room no. ISO 9001:2008 Eg: For 68950 number, 6 89 50 Station code Fixed Specific room no
18. 3.Interface with Master Clock System ISO 9001:2008
19. Any Questions? ISO 9001:2008
20. THANK YOU ISO 9001:2008
Discrete element method modelling (DEM) has proven over many years to be a powerfu...
Segregation Testing to confirm packer isolation and well integrity. Monitor w...
A small presentation of History matching and a case study on it. Also on Gas mater...
2. The purpose of Telephone system is to provide voice and datacommunication for DMRC. At each station, communication isprovided through EPABX. All the ...
dmrc - Download as Word ... Telecom system The different types of telecom system are used in DMRC which are of ... Transmission Exchange/EPABX 3. AFC 4 ...
DMRC Telecom Internship. by maharaja-agrasen-institute-of-technology-ipu. on Jul 18, 2015. Report Category: Engineering
Aditya-summer Training Report delhi metro - Download as ... the suggestions received in Telecommunication of DMRC (Telecom ... EPABX System at ...
dmrc telecom report. Browse Browse. Interests. Biography & Memoir; Business & Leadership; Fiction & Literature; Politics & Economy; Health & Wellness ...
View 2233 Dmrc posts, presentations, experts, and more. Get the professional knowledge you need on LinkedIn.
Assistant Public Information Officer ... Signaling & Telecom (O ... S.D.Sharma Director (Business Development) 25 Ashoka Road, New Delhi – 110001 EPABX : ...