Published on June 24, 2016
1. - project in co-operation with the Ministry of Culture 2012-2014. - goal: 2.000 volumes per annum DOD: Digitization on Demand of non-circulation material Works available for ordering as PDF on demand: a selection of Danish monographs printed 1701-1900 (app. 100.000 titles) - facilitation of the use of the National Collection, through the instant access to digital editions - augmentation of the number of possible users (the same work can be seen simultaneously by many readers) - reduced strain on library processes, as books that are available digitally should not be made available again and again Purpose The project was intended to increase digital use of the library’s collections, and reduce physical wear & tear on the national state deposit collections, by offering free PDF copies by demand. Outcome: - by the end of 2014, app. 9.400 titles had been digitized - the workflow had become a popular ”potential method” for other projects Additional (supposed) benefits:
2. - inclusion of titles 1900-1914 - an new scan process entailed the production of PDF-files for each volume: colour, non-OCR (larger) b/w, OCR (smaller) Developments in 2015: - inclusion of multi-volume works 1701-1914 - reduction of the options for the Copenhagen University staff, when ordering Danish prints 1701-1914: PDFs or the Reading Room are the only choices available; no more ”delivery to my desk” Developments in 2016 (so far ...): - the workflow becomes one of two primary workflows for digitizing cultural heritage
3. Who can order a free PDF? Everyone registered as a user with the Royal Library, whether located in Denmark or abroad. - Yes, you can register online. - No, you do not have to come to the library at any point in the process. Who can access the PDF files? Everyone with internet access and a PDF reader.
4. Black Diamond, Reading Room West Free PDF (3-5 working days) Select Pickup Location
5. For more information: http://www.kb.dk/en/nb/samling/dod/index.html and http://www.kb.dk/en/nb/samling/dod/FAQ.html and/or feel free to contact Eva-Maria Jansson, email@example.com
Digitization On Demand. ... The digitization facility at the University of PEI is a state ... designed for large volume digitization of any bound material.
Particularly for digital products created to meet local demand, ... Have the materials proposed for digitization already been converted to electronic form ...
Appendix E: Digitization Methods Stuart D. Lee, March 1999 ... Demand for access to original materials (often termed ‘primary source materials’) ...
Selecting Traditional Library Materials for Digitization. Report of the CUL Task Force on Digitization
It may be difficult to judge the demand for documents. It is, however; ... Selection and preparation of source material. Digitization and conversion.
Digitization Education ... some of their demands by offering digitization education within an ... final seminar along with the digitization material ...
Houston Cole Library Digitization Plan Houston Cole Library ... When compared with the demand for other materials held by the Library, there
What We Use to Digitize Materials. ... the often fragile original materials. The digitization equipment is managed ... Demand Promotional Materials;