Published on September 21, 2016
1. Digital UX trends Mak Kordić, Head of business @ CNJ www.cnj.si
2. About CNJ and me
3. Participate and win prizes! Spoiler alert - For coffee lovers only
4. UX vs UI User Experience - User Interface
5. PEOPLE PRODUCT / SERVICE UI point of interaction UX overall user experience
6. thumbnail image Action buttons Tab bar Clickable text UI = WHAT
7. Why are we displaying user faces? Why is this picture this big? Why are we allowing likes? Why 5 tabs? Why a house for home view? Why is this text clickable? UX = WHY
8. UI = WHAT UX = WHY A/B testing + Analytics
9. OK, where does Customer Experience fit in?
10. CX UX Customer experience Customer service Advertising Brand reputation Sales process Pricing fairness Product delivery User experience Usability Interaction Design Visual Design Information Architecture Content Strategy User Research By 2019 customer experience will precede price as deciding factor in buying decisions
11. Let’s explore some trends
12. UX trends - Micro animations - Flat 2.0 design - Optimized interstitial anxiety - Card and Grid UI’s - Innovative scrolling and parallax - Personalization - Self Service - Focus on originality - Omnichannel experience - 360 Video, Livestreaming - Mobile
13. Micro animations • Better hardware and software • UX becomes clearer Micro-animations are small, preferably functional animations that support the user by giving visual feedback and displaying changes more clearly. With micro-animations it’s possible to explain a lot without using a word. No animation With animation
14. Flat 2.0 design • Evolution of Flat design • Adding 3rd dimension The problem of Flat design was: • absence of all-important signifiers (gradients, shadows, underlines, etc.); • absence of familiar patterns (blue, underlined text for links, etc.); • absence of contextual indications (CTA placement, actionable copy, etc.). Flat Flat 2.0
15. Optimized Interstitial Anxiety • Less stress for user • Use to your advantage Interstitial anxiety refers to the momentary state of tension a user experiences between an action (clicking a button) and a response (moving to the next page)
16. Card and Grid UI’s • Cross platform experience • Intuitive usability • Easy to browse • Versatile — cards can be adapted to almost any style, from minimalist to elaborate
17. Innovative scrolling and parallax • Great for storytelling • Not great for cross platform
18. • 86% of customers say personalization plays a role in their purchasing decision • Previous interactions, social media, geolocation etc. Personalization is simply creating a user experience that is customized for each visitor's preferences and past behaviors. For example, if you have previously made purchases from an online store, you may be presented with suggested items based on your shopping history. Personalization http://tpone.danfoss.com
19. Self Service • Empowering users, solving problems on their own • 70% of customers believe company website should have a self service option • How to videos, FAQ, Knowledge base
20. Focus on originality • Production of unique content • Using less Stock images, videos
21. Omnichannel experience • Cross platform experience • Content creation per channel There’s the phone, email, instant chat, social channels, smartphones and more. Customers are connecting with companies in more ways than ever.
22. 360 Video, Live streaming • New technology for more Immersive experience • Youtube, Facebook live Recording - streaming
23. Mobile is going to rule The smartphone is getting smarter. And for some, the least important part of the smartphone is the phone. It is the device customers are using to look at websites, products, reviews and more. This is an important step in their buying process.
24. 68% say they check their phone within 15 minutes of waking up in the morning. 30% are willing to admit that they actually get “anxious” when they don’t have their phone on them. 87% millennials always have their smartphone at their side, day, and night. We check our phones 150 times a day. 82% of smartphone users say they consult their phones on purchases they’re about to make in a store. 90% of smartphone users are not absolutely certain of the specific brand they want to buy when they begin looking for information online. Mobile facts 83% of B2B marketers said mobile apps were important to content marketing. 83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important.
25. What is important?
26. Mobile first approach
27. Bonus question - Adaptive vs Responsive design
28. Goat Story Case study
29. Short story • Story about coffee and goats - story easy to remember • 25.000$ goal, the campaign brought in 458,071$ in 30 days • 10.000+ Kickstarter backers • Preorders in following months exceeded expectations KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN + LANDING PAGE PRE ORDERS ON LANDING PAGE FINAL WEBSHOP + WEBSITE Collecting data, taking users to Kickstarter campaign page, A/B testing. Using collected data to prepare a new landing page + boost pre orders. Developing a website with integrated e-commerce and social. Based on all data collected.
30. 2015 NETKO award of digital excellence in category Products and brands goat-story.com
31. How are they doing now? • Great customer following (11k on Instagram, 17k on Facebook) • Multiple retailers including Amazon, Firebox, ... • 3 distribution centers (EU, USA, Asia) • New Kickstarter product - Gina, just about to launch
32. Oh no, copies! :( No problem!
33. UX Storytelling User experience Social - website - ecommerce Customer experience
34. Thank you!