Published on March 15, 2016
1. 1 Digital Marketing Trends 2015 Tools and techniques to grow your business Dr Dave Chaffey. SmartInsights.com Presented at the Smart Insights Digital Impact Conference, September 2014
2. 2 What does the future hold for digital marketers?
5. 5 Results from 600+ votes in our 2015 trends poll – thanks if you took part! See post 2015 Digital Marketing trends for discussion of 30 digital marketing tools
6. 6 Source: Ogilvy, TNS and Google Path to Purpose July 2014 Content Marketing Content Marketing Content Marketing
7. 7 Digital Natives − Gen C are now mainstream Source: Infomentum: Generation C. June 2014 Generation C’s members are ‘digital natives’ who are always connected, communicating, computerised, community-orientated and always clicking. In general, they are realists and materialists as well as being culturally liberal, politically progressive and upwardly mobile. They own a plethora of devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and smartTVs which are regularly updated and replaced. Our research found that two thirds purchase a new gadget every year, with nearly 80% admitting to buying the latest model even when the old one still works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4eZjhzFw8c
8. 8 How will technology support marketing in 2015? Source: Smart Insights Gartner Hype Cycle review
9. 9 ~950 companies
10. 10 Marketing Backbone Platforms
11. 11 Marketing Backbone Platforms
12. 12 #1 Content curation Global content marketing at Unilever: $10m in savings with Percolate pilot Source: Percolate Unilever case study Example services: Percolate Curata Kapost
13. 13 #2: Content recommendation personalisation, retargeting and effectiveness review Example services: Idio Monetate Demandbase
14. 14 #3: Content distribution Example services: Hootsuite Sendible Oktopost GaggleAmp
15. 15 #4: Integrated SEO, Content and Social media management? Example services: Moz RavenTools AnalyticsSEO Source: Analytics SEO
16. 16 #5: API service integration and Hubs Example services: Marketo Act-on Salesforce/Exact Target
17. 17 Understanding consumer preferences and behaviours in 2015 The continued rise of the YouTuber Source: Channel Page video Broker
18. 18 Source: Ogilvy, TNS and Google Path to Purpose July 2014
19. 19 Location: Published / Surveyed: Sample: Source: Original source: Global Q1 2014 Global users from Site catalyst tagged sites Adobe Social referral % from social networks by sector Adobe Social Intelligence report From Smart Insights Marketing Statistics compilation Q2 2014 New A social media backlash in 2015?
20. 20 #6: User Engagement and value optimisation Example services: Kissmetrics Mixpanel Ecommera Engagement analysis: Individual user: Kissmetrics Cohort analysis: Groups of users: Kissmetrics
21. 21 n Searches % Brand Reach Awareness and visits Unique visitors Bounce rate Revenue per visit Page views/ visit Act Interaction and leads nLeads % Conversion to lead Goal value per visit Average order value Convert Sales and profit nSales % Conversion to sale Sales value n Brand mentions Engage Loyalty and advocacy % active customers % Customer conversion % existing sales value Building intelligence into analytics E.G. RACE dashboard KPIs Volume Quality Value
22. 22 Coming soon – the Smart Insights RACE Digital Marketing Dashboard #7: Actionable Analytics and intelligence Example services: GA Intelligence Quill Engage Smart Insights Source: SmartInsights.com
23. 23 #8: From Conversion Optimization to Experience Optimization Example CRO testing services: Unbounce Optimizely Visual Website Optimizer Example Experience Management services: Adobe Experience Manager EPiServer Sitecore Source: Boston Consulting Group
24. 24 #9: Digital Channel Sales Optimisation Source: Clavis Insight / MIT Ecommerce Value Framework for Brands – July 2014
25. 25 Example services: Google Glass Apple Watch Facebook Rift #10: Wearables, Augmented and Virtual reality
26. 26 81% of large organizations have the equivalent of a chief marketing technologist Source: Gartner - HBR July-August 2014
27. 27 81% of large organizations have the equivalent of a chief marketing technologist
29. 29 Thank you All the best for your journey in 2015! Source: 7 Steps to Digital Transformation Infographic
Digital Marketing, SEO Training and Online Marketing training programs, Optimize website, Website promotion, Search engine, Search Engine Placement, Search ...
Welcome to the Digital Marketing Institute offers professional training programmes in online marketing. Classroom based and online courses available.
Thinking of studying a Masters in Digital Marketing? Read about specializations, key skills and digital marketing careers.
Digital Marketing Strategies. The worldwide phenomena of the digitalisation of our society changes the way of interaction and therefore also the ...
The MSc Digital Marketing is the first practice-based Masters degree in Scotland. We teach the digital skills and knowledge employers need. Apply now!
Welcome to the The Masters in Digital Marketing is a customized award at Masters level, awarded by the Digital Marketing Institute.
Inspirational case studies independently judged and collated. Learn the best practice in social media, mobile marketing, digital marketing and publishing ...
Apply for Masters in Digital Marketing and Social Media degree at LSBF. Fin out more about MA in Strategic Marketing specialisations.
Airbnb's survival story showing the use of inspired digital marketing strategies to rise to the top. Analysis performed on Airbnb.de specifically.
Vor welchen großen Herausforderungen dabei auch das Marketing steht, hat jetzt die Studie „Marketingorganisation der Zukunft“ des Deutschen Marketing ...