Published on September 29, 2016
1. DFES Fitness Testing Information Guide
2. The Beep Test
3. ✔ measures an applicant’s level of cardiovascular fitness. ✔ may also be used at later stages to confirm that a candidate can maintain the minimum required level The Beep Test
4. ✔ The candidate runs for as long as possible, at an increasing pace, between two markers set 20 metres apart. ✔ The starting pace is very slow (about a slow jog pace), and it increases over time.
5. To successfully pass the beep test, applicants are required to attain a minimum of 9.6
6. How to Prepare ✔ Undertake running training ✔ practice the beep test
7. Physical Aptitude Tests
8. ✔ measure an applicant’s ability to meet the physical requirements of a Firefighter including endurance, strength and fitness ✔ simulate the physical tasks expected of Firefighters in their line of work The Physical Aptitude Tests
9. Test 1 Simulated Heavy Tool Operation
10. Simulated Heavy Tool Operation ✔ simulates the critical task of using rescue equipment to gain access in an emergency situation ✔ tests the applicant’s upper and lower body strength and muscular endurance
11. Simulated Heavy Tool Operation ✔ Candidates are required to hold cutters and spreaders (weighing just under 20kg) against a variety of points on a vehicle for specified times, without excessive movement.
12. Test 2 Simulated Hose Drag
13. Simulated Hose Drag ✔ simulates the critical task of advancing a charged (water filled) hose line to the scene of a fire ✔ assesses a candidate’s physical strength and endurance, and ability to follow instructions
14. Simulated Hose Drag ✔ The candidate drags a water-filled hose to multiple specified points within a designated timeframe.
15. Test 3 Height Anxiety Test
16. Height Anxiety Test ✔ simulates the demands of climbing multi-storey stairwells carrying essential firefighting equipment and hauling equipment up through a vertical distance
17. Height Anxiety Test ✔ tests an applicant’s endurance, physical strength, the ability to follow instructions and identify their susceptibility to vertigo and acrophobia
18. Height Anxiety Test ✔ The candidate climbs a ladder and then a stairwell, carrying equipment, to a tower, hauls up equipment, and subsequently returns to the ground.
19. Test 4 Confined Space Anxiety Tunnel Crawl
20. Confined Space Anxiety Tunnel Crawl ✔ tests an applicant’s ability to operate in a confined, dark environment ✔ identifies their susceptibility to claustrophobia or high levels of frustration
21. Confined Space Anxiety Tunnel Crawl ✔ Candidates wear a face mask and crawl through a tunnel system undertaking tasks and manoeuvring through various shapes within a specified timeframe. ✔ The crawl increases in difficulty throughout the course
22. Test 5 Simulated Casualty Rescue
23. Simulated Casualty Rescue ✔ simulates the critical task of removing a victim from an emergency situation ✔ tests the applicants’ aerobic and anaerobic capacity and upper and lower body strength
24. Simulated Casualty Rescue ✔ The candidate carefully drags a dummy through a course as directed within a specified timeframe.
25. Test 6 Equipment Handling
26. Equipment Handling ✔ simulates the demands of accessing, removing and replacing essential firefighting equipment from a firefighting appliance
27. Equipment Handling ✔ assesses the applicant’s upper body strength and ability to follow instructions
28. Equipment Handling ✔ Candidates are required to remove and replace a ladder from the top of a fire appliance as well as remove, handle and replace equipment stored in a locker on the vehicle.
29. Test 7 Hose Coupling Test
30. Hose Coupling Test ✔ assesses an applicant’s manual dexterity and mechanical reasoning skills, along with their ability to follow a set of instructions
31. Hose Coupling Test ✔ Candidates place and remove a number of pieces of equipment on a fire appliance within a specified timeframe
32. How to Prepare ✔ Keep good upper body and core strength ✔Maintain high level of aerobic fitness ✔Work on building up overall strength
Pass the PAT with ease and stand out by following this comprehensive DFES PAT information guide.
Expat Info Desk is an online resource specializing in international relocation guide services. We offer on-demand digital books that provide full and comprehensive ...
13 DFES (13 3337) for emergency information ... Bushfire Publications Home ... Visual Fuel Load Guide Swan Coastal Plain and Darling Scarp:
The information contained in ... the reliability and accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed and DFES expressly ... This guide only considers ...
Our Expat's Manual was last ... For more detailed and specific information about each country you can visit the “Guide Content” section where you can access ...
patient information [ENGLISH] guide. contents 2 about this guide 3 defining pulmonary fibrosis 5 prevalence and incidence 6 causes 10 symptoms 11 diagnostic tests
The same info as provided by GPs to patients during consultations,health/disease leaflets,patient support orgs,all about medicines,book GP appts online,interactive ...
Process Analytical Technology or PAT, is intended to support innovation and efficiency in pharmaceutical development, manufacturing, and quality assurance.
Ref: DFES-00281-2007 PDF, 9.35MB, 214 pages. ... More information about teaching phonics in schools is available. Published: 1 April 2007. From: Department for Education.
The Department for Education is responsible for education, children’s services, higher and further education policy, apprenticeships and wider skills in England ...