Published on July 5, 2016
1. Development of the small and large bowel From 5th week to fetus
2. The small bowel (small intestine) • Is a compound organ which many of these enzymes are found • Has 3 parts, jejunum, lie ilieoum, and duodenum • The duodenum is the most proximal and the shortest part of the bowel, the jejunum is the middle part and the ie ileum is the longest and the most distal part • All have villi for this function • Development starts at 5 weeks and begins rotating at 6 weeks, then formation of the colon at 8 weeks, and disappearance of vitelline duct at fetal period
3. Large Intestine (colon) • The large intestine is an intestine containing the colon • The colon solidifies the things we ate that turn into the feces, in babies meconium • In 8w old the colon establishes from the embryo • In fetus, the vermiform appendix is formed • In adults the GI is mature • They are ascending, transverse, descending, and signal sigmoid colons, and the terminal rectum
4. Week 5 • By week 5 the intestine is a part of the midgut which the developing stage of an embryo needs nutrition • In 5 weeks how an intestine is made from a lumen lined with mucous membrane
5. Week 6 • The midgut twists about degrees and the vitelline duct gets thinner • The components of the midgut are intestines • In late 6 weeks the gut tube forms creases that for form the large int (colon)
6. Week 7 • By week 7 the midgut roughens in wall and the large intestine forms, it is herniated in the umbilical cord • At the end of 7 weeks the midgut migrates to the abdominal cavity
7. Week 8 • By week 8 the small intestine coils and the lumen begins bolus (peristalsis) • The appendices appendix forms from the cecal pouch • At the end of the embryonic period the intestines attain the final position
8. Fetus • Maturity is underway
9. Intestinal organogenesis
10. Mature human intest Small intestine Appendix Colon Colon Colon Colon Rectum Anus
11. Function of small intestine • In duodenum after the nutrients go to the stomach, the intestine moves • The small intestine moves when a person walks • Digestion takes time
12. Function of colon • Solidifies tissue into hard feces • In rectum feces are expelled int ernal into the body
13. Function of anus • Constricts when you poop • THE END
... into the small intestine or bowel ... development continues by populating the large intestine ... Gastrointestinal Tract - Intestine Development.
Large-bowel obstruction ... Colonic lesion development history. ... Enterocolic intussusceptions involve both the small bowel and the large bowel.
WebMD's Intestines Anatomy Page ... The intestines include the small intestine, large ... A section of either the small or large bowel can become ...
Application Development, ... Most of these tumors occur in the part of the small intestine near the large intestine. ... and small bowel.
The small intestine (small bowel) lies between the stomach and the large intestine (large bowel) ... Small Intestine Anatomy.
About Intestinal Malrotation. ... (or bowel) caused by abnormal development while a fetus is ... The small and large intestines are the longest part of the ...
Evaluation and Management of Intestinal ... Intestinal obstruction can be broadly differentiated into small bowel and large ... The development of ...
The colon, or large intestine, is part ... It connects to the small bowel, ... The colon is formed during the first 3 months of embryonic development. As ...