Published on July 2, 2016
1. “Deadlines” are Killing Agile Neil Killick @neil_killick neilkillick.com
2. Deadlines vs “Deadlines” Prioritisation vs Execution
3. Bliss, I’ve got 6 months til the deadline! http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2013/09/Screen-Shot-2013-08-30-at-4.35.04-PM.png
5. Execs: We need to be more efficient! Get it all done! “Deadlines” derived from schedule so that all “important” work will get done Managers push all scheduled work (and “Deadlines”) on their “agile” teams Too much work in flight, leading to slow delivery and poor quality Managers lock schedule to “increase efficiency” of teams with asynchronous dependencies “Deadlines” missed, stakeholders pissed off, “Agile is chaos!” Cycle of doom
6. Replace schedule tension with value tension
7. http://www.recycle2cloud.com/images/agile_02.png “Why didn’t we deliver what we planned?” “How could we have delivered more value?”
8. Use date as a prioritisation parameter Not an execution one http://i0.wp.com/availagility.co. uk/wp- content/uploads/2012/01/scotland _karl_11.png
10. http://image.slidesharecdn.com/nomorepetprojects-151116171642-lva1-app6891/95/no-more-pet- projects-31-638.jpg?cb=1447694403
11. ❏ Avoid big batch, “DEADLINES”-driven Cycle of doom! ❏ Short iterations (value tension) > “DEADLINES” ❏ Invest in infrastructure and culture to allow small, frequent releases - PROPER AGILE! ❏ Prioritise by value - If you have Deadlines, consider time criticality Don’t let “DEADLINES” kill your Agile
This talk will address the flawed way in which we marry the Agile and traditional ways of doing things when trying to deliver in a timely fashion ...
Search query Search Twitter. Saved searches. Remove; Verified account @
How to Meet Your Deadlines Without Killing Your ... She’s a Certified Scrum Master and a Marketing Workflow Expert who’s passionate about the Agile ...
Good Agile — Development Without Deadlines More ... killing the pressure in ... Even up against deadlines. Agile is a way to deal with the toxic cocktail ...
"Deadlines" are killing Agile. 4:30pm to 5:00pm. by Neil Killick. EN 307, Classroom, 40. Office fitouts for Agile teams - The Nintex story. 10:30am to 11:00am.
September 29, 2005. Just returned from Boston where Joshua Kerievsky and I gave a talk entitled “Agile Metrics: Keeping Deadlines from Killing Your ...
One of most important focuses of an in-house creative services team is cultivating a relationship of trust and respect with internal clients. Meeting ...
Teaching Your Team to Deal With Deadlines ~ By Kenneth Darter. Deadlines are ever present in project management, ... Agile Project Management. Best Practice.