Published on August 28, 2012
Dangerous by DesignSIX Pathways for Cyclistsand Pedestrians in the TMCarea in need of redesign.
Six pathways for cyclists and pedestriansin the TMC area in need of redesign. 1 2 3 4 6 5
1. MacGregor-Cambridge Intersection
1. MacGregor-Cambridge Intersection • Cambridge northbound sidewalks lead to “No Where”. • No safe access to Hermann Park or TMC for handicapped or Cambridge Street Bike Path cyclists due to curb drop-offs. • Need sidewalks and pedestrian crossing stripes.
2. Holcombe Blvd. & Ringess Ave.
2. Holcombe Blvd. & Ringess Ave.• A Holcombe pedestrian must cross SEVEN lanes at once without stopping.• Holcombe crossing should be moved to take advantage of the large 14‟ wide median and align with Braeswood Hike & Bike Trail entry.• The crossing would also be closer to the Metro Bus Stops.
3. Median on north end of newlyreconstructed Braeswood BridgeCurrently, the raised median does not allow cyclists traveling northon Braeswood to connect with Braeswood Hike & Bike Trail entry asin this 2008 photo.
4. Sidewalks on newly reconstructedBraeswood Bridge • Sidewalks are only 46” wide causing dangerous pedestrian passing next to 35 mph busses and autos. • Houston Building Code requires a 6‟ wide sidewalk on COH designated Transit Corridor streets and the associated designated „A‟ Streets.
5. Braeswood/Wyndale Intersection
5. Braeswood/Wyndale Intersection• Hospital workers use “path of least resistance” by crossing diagonally across TWO streets.• Painted pedestrian striping is needed.
6. Cambridge & Butler Intersection
6. Cambridge & Butler Intersection Newly installed pedestrian gate to VA Hospital Pedestrian striping does not align with gate. Re-stripe and add concrete pedestrian zone to median.
SIX Poorly Designed Pathways forCyclists and Pedestrians in the TMCarea.• Prepared by Doug House, M.Ed., a healthcare professional• Has lived at 7132 Staffordshire for 20 years.• Current President of the Devonshire Place Neighborhood Association• Volunteer BikeHouston Board Member
--- Subscribe for more http://goo.gl/bY5w6 --- This intersection in India is ... poor road design, ... DANGEROUS Road Intersection for ...
Add your own Idea See all Ideas See all site Activity
6. signalized Intersections 1 Dr. Essam almasri Traffic Management and Control (ENGC 6340) 1. HCM 2000, chapter 16 ... Design Process (Webster’s Method)
... fastcoexist / At Dangerous Intersections, This Technology Warns ... itself a dangerous place to ride—and ... a particular intersection, ...
The most dangerous intersections in Los Angeles according to the most recent data statistics are, not surprisingly, all located in areas of high vehicle ...
Proposed features/Relation:tmc. ... dangerous road conditions and similar things via radio channels. ... Design. In order to keep the ...
edition of Dangerous by Design, ... dangerous intersections or blocks or fully understand the factors that contribute to pedestrian danger.
Traffic Message Channel (TMC) ... A major design challenge of RDS-TMC was to find a way of ... of injecting false and potentially dangerous ...
Dangerous by design . By ... showing just how dangerous it is to cross the Buford Highway, ... have to walk five miles to get to the intersection each day.