Published on November 20, 2016
1. CONSUMER BEHAVIOR REPORT ON DALDA FOODS (PVT) LTD PRESENTED TO: MA’AM FAREEN RAZZAK
2. SEHAR SALIM Works at Adamjee Insurance Company Limited Hobbies: Reading Books Plays Batminton Loves to take selfies
3. ARSALAN AFAQUE Works at Shaan Foods Hobbies Using latest gadgets Loves to travel
4. ZOYA AHMED Works at Converge Technologies Hobbies: Loves to Eat Passionate about her work
5. AHMED FAIZAN KASHMIRI Works at Standard Chartered Bank Hobbies Reading Books Travelling
6. SHAHZAD SUNDRANI Works at SAS (Statistical Analysis System) Hobbies Play Electronic games Loves to spent time with family
7. INTRODUCTION OF EDIBLE OIL IN PAKISTAN In Pakistan, at present, the edible oil industry includes th e manufacture of compound cooking oils (which is a recent development), table or salad oils (this process is still in its infancy) margarine and refined oils. Important products of this industry are mustard oil, cotton seed oil, groundnut oil and newly developed sunflower seed oil, safflower seed oil and Soya bean oil. Of late, a number of modern oil mills have been set up for the production of solvent extraction oils. At present, major sources of raw materials are cotton seed (about58 per cent) (rape and mustard seed about 36 per cent) and others about (6 per cent).
8. DALDA FOODS (PVT) LTD. Deals in banaspati and cooking oils, Ghee (banaspati) is VTF virtually trans fat free. Available and leading brand in Pakistan and India since 60 years. Brand name DALDA in Tins, Jars, Pouches, Buckets, Special packing could be arranged as per customer need.
9. BASIC INFORMATION Company Name: Dalda Foods (Pvt.) Limited Business Type: Manufacturer Product/Service: Edible fats Trade & Market Main Markets: Pakistan Afghanistan Bangladesh Australia New Zealand Egypt South Africa Total Annual Sales Volume: US$5 Million - US$10 Million
10. MISSION To make a positive difference in the lives of people with our products and services.
11. VALUES 1. Integrity We act with honesty, integrity and highest ethical standards. Our people are expected to adhere to the laws and regulations pertaining to their work and comply with Dalda’s principles and policies. 2. Fairness We work with people in a way that is fair and just. We treat fairly our customers, suppliers, shareholders and the communities in which we operate. 3. Trust We give our employees complete autonomy and believe that all our employees adhere to our company’s values. Our stakeholders can be sure of our honesty when doing business with our employees and company. 4. Accountability We are a responsible organization and feel accountable to all our stakeholders and the society at large. 5. People reaching their full potential We provide opportunities to our internal and external stakeholders for self-development and growth. We encourage entrepreneurial as well as team spirit. The growth of the company should also incorporate the growth of the individuals in the company.
12. NEEDS, WANTS AND DEMANDS Understanding the needs, wants and demands of the target customers plays an important role in an organizations success. Needs Needs are basically the states of felt deprivation. Wants Wants are the form human needs take as shaped by culture and individual personality. Demands Human wants that are backed by the buying power are called demands. Dalda foods gives much importance to the needs, wants and demands of its target customer’s. Offering the product in different price ranges corresponding to each specific class also fulfilling the nutritious needs of its customers.
13. BRAND POWER Dalda’s Commitment to Quality: For over seventy years Dalda's name is synonymous with Quality. Dalda Foods' brands are the only vegetable ghee/banaspati products in Pakistan which are trans-fat free and meet the most stringent of international quality standards. Our products preserve the natural goodness of vegetable oils and are enriched with extra vitamins.
14. BRAND POWER Dalda's commitment to quality, care for environment and social responsibility is evident from the fact that it is the only edible oil and fats/ghee company is Pakistan which has four ISO certifications: ISO 9001-2008 for Quality Management System ISO 22000-2005 for Food Safety Management System ISO 14001-2004 for Environment Management System OHSAS 18001-2007 for Occupational Health and Safety Management System
15. PRODUCT LINE
16. SWOT ANALYSIS Strengths World’s best quality Second largest oil brand Trust Accountability Weakness Less Sales Less Innovative Opportunities There are lot of opportunities for Dalda to grow as they are giving extensions to their existing products. Growing population and awareness of the products are also one of the major opportunities for Dalda to prove its quality and nutritional benefits of ingredients Exported to European Union Countries Threats Imported Premium Brands Habib Seasons Rafhan Soya Supreme
17. PERCEPTUAL MAPPING
18. RESEARCH OBJECTIVE Main objective of conducting this research is to find the Consumer Behavior of DALDA Oil and Banaspati. We have tried to analyze the triggering factors of the purchase decision
19. METHODLOGY Initial Research = Exploratory research / Literature review Quantitative Research = Questionnaires Qualitative research = Focus group Sampling Method = Random Sampling – Females only Sample Size = 30
20. DEMOGRAPHICS It’s the study of population in terms of size, location, age, occupation, gender and other statistics. The product is made for people of every age group, every occupation, gender and readily available at any location and is being used by the people. Economic Environment • Changes in income • Changing consumer spending patterns Natural Environment The natural resources that are available and are being used as the raw material for manufacturing different products play an important role. Technological Environment The product production at Dalda Foods follow new technological principles latest machinery and hence give a pure, nutritious and readily available products to our customers. Cultural Environment The company is well in accordance with the cultural values. Our slogan is “Jahan Mamta Wahan Dalda”. All the products used in manufacturing the product are ‘halal’ and have no issues with the cultural values and the product is being well accepted by the customers.
22. PURCHASE DECISION
23. Oil purchase on the basis of price Brand image affects the purchase decision Advertisement has an influence on purchase decision Cooking shows influences buying decision
24. I'll be careful in my purchase decision if my family members have any type of disease like B.P I prefer to use expensive oil as it enhances my self image
25. Can Ghee/Oil Cause any disease What kind of oil do you prefer?
26. Health Hygiene Taste Price Smell Stickiness Important Factors for Purchase of Ghee/Oil
27. BRAND RECALL
28. 0 10 20 30 40 50 Sufi Oil Dalda Habib Kashmir Pure Kisan Meezan Soya Supreme Tullo Eva Other
29. COMMUNICATION IMPACT
30. Cooking oil Ads increase my knowledge regarding the health issues •Those who agreed 61% of them belongs to the age group of 41-50. •Those who agreed 21% of them belongs to the age group of 25-30. •91% of these respondents attends University.
32. Are you aware of Dalda? Have you ever consumed Dalda? What is the best thing about Dalda
33. RATE THESE FACTORS FOR DALDA
34. FOCUS GROUP FINDINGS
35. Price is not an important factor, since all brands are priced almost the same. Cooking Oil or Ghee which facilitates Cholesterol control is the best to buy. >60% prefer Habib over Dalda because it is good for the Cardiac diease. People get hooked with the Ramzan Ad of Dalda and associated it with Aftar/Sehar timings.
36. 63% respondents disagree with price being an important factor in purchase of oil. 61% respondents agree that they are aware of the health hazards caused by oil/ghee. 70% respondents prefer healthy & Hygienic oil/ghee. “Health & Hygiene” rated Average for Dalda while Taste is Best (Scale of 5) Most of the people remembers “Ramzan Ad ” of Dalda because of the music. SUMMARY OF THE FINDINGS
37. FACTS! Dalda Foods' brands are the only vegetable ghee/banaspati products in Pakistan which are trans-fat free and meet the most stringent of international quality standards. Products preserve the natural goodness of vegetable oils and are enriched with extra vitamins. Taste was the only trait being highlighted by cooking oil brands in Pakistan only Dalda came up with the concept of "taste and health" combined. They celebrate being the only cooking oil brand which is "complete"
38. PROBLEM Dalda is the only vegetable ghee/banaspati products in Pakistan which is trans-fat free and good for the overall health includes Cardiac. For consumers Dalda Oil/Banaspatee is not the most Healthier option.
39. SUGGESTIONS Dalda should revamp its communication strategy and focuses more on Cardiac care. There should be more strong message that conveys that “DALDA is healthy and hygienic for the entire Family”. Dalda's communication needs to be simplified as the common man doesn't understand "trans-fat free“ , Health Shield Protection, Anti Oxidents etc TVC, ATL, BTL, OOH, Social Media Platforms all should use to convey the message of Health. DALDA Ramazan campaign is the most successful campaigns and people get hooked by the Jingle used, they should include that signature music.
40. LEARNIN G
42. MOTIVATION Personality Perception Learning Attitude Unfulfilled needs, wants and desires Healthy, Hygenic and Tasty Food Tension Safe Cooking Oil for Family Drive Purchase Preparation Behavior Purchase Post Purchase Repurchase Need fulfilment Healthy Hygenic Food cooked at Home Tension Reduction Targeting EGO
43. DALDA EVOLUTION