Published on September 29, 2015
1. 1 Featured Project: The Wroclaw West Bypass, Poland Trusted by the world’s largest projects Cutting Approval Cycles From 30 Days to Ten With
2. 2 Agenda Introduction Industry Success Platform Demo Q&A Luigi Chiolini, Boston Consulting Group Victoria Stanford, Nalcor Energy Steve Wilson, Aconex
3. 3 Industry landscape • Large, geographically dispersed project teams • Increased demand for visibility and reporting • Efficiency to maintain competitiveness • Time is money
4. 4 Project complexity Project-wide network of a major global engineering firm • Long tail of communication that is not often visible to key stakeholders including the owner or JV partner • Dispersed teams • Multiple project phases, each with critical information hand- offs • Huge margin for error • Significant inherent inefficiency * Data from the Aconex system
5. 5 Boston Consulting Group process presentation This was a 15-minute BCG presentation View the complete webinar at aconex.com/Webinars
6. 6 Victoria Stanford Information Management “We make a strong commitment to provide safe, reliable and dependable electricity…”
7. 7 Key workflow process challenges • Cross-organization communication and visibility • Volume of information and revisions • Ensuring final docs and drawings move on to handover
8. 8 The magnitude of power projects * Data based on power projects that Aconex has been involved in globally. 616,932 mails 166 organizations 6 countries 547,118 documents 2,807 users 2,256,282 decisions
9. 9 Improving Nalcor delivery and business outcomes • Company-wide approach • Process definition and improvement • Using technology to support Nalcor corporate initiatives
10. 10 Design review for RFP creation in the past • One reviewer at a time in a dedicated room • Multiple disciplines - civil, electric and mechanical • Mark ups on hard copy drawing • Delayed RFP over a month • Delayed contracting • Delayed construction
11. 11 Design review for RFP creation with Aconex • Simultaneous reviews by multiple disciplines • 2 week turnaround on design reviews • RFPs completed and sent out on time • Contracts in place on time • Work starts on schedule
12. 12 How Nalcor is using Aconex Goal: build and improve business processes • Speed up approval cycles: RFIs, Submittals, Changes • Efficiently communicate with subs and suppliers • Improve document accessibility and transmission
13. 13 Aconex = transparency and accountability • Transparency means having information and data available • Accountability is taking responsibility and recognizing the decisions and actions taken by the company. • Aconex helps support transparency and accountability Nalcor is committed to being open, transparent and accountable across its operations.
14. 14 Projects like Lower Churchill need collaboration to reduce risk and deliver long-term benefits $6.2 billion government infrastructure Federal government compliance Over 300 internal project team members 100+ year asset lifetime Significant employment and economic benefit Joint venture agreement Thousands of document reviews
15. 15 A project-wide solution helps to standardize processes and embed best practice Documents available immediately without delay or expense of print and send Real time visibility and status reporting Easy to set up and automate Smoother document review with process and information tracking Complete document oversight Deep collaboration and accuracy across multiple organizations Manage governance and risk within complex business agreements Iron clad audit trail Permission and access controls
16. 16 30 10 0 10 20 30 Without Aconex With Aconex Technical document review process (days) Improved workflow turnaround Faster document control Transmittal issue times 48X FASTER Delivering measurable value and ROI gains across the project Without Aconex With Aconex Reduced IT infrastructure costs $ Cloud-based software
17. 17 Aconex collaboration Save money, increase productivity. Manage project risk. Cloud & Mobile Information & Process Management Engineering & Construction Project-Wide Across the Project Lifecycle Plan Design Construct OperateBid OperatorSub-contractorsContractorConsultantsOwner EPC Designer
18. 18 One integrated collaboration platform for project information and process Owner EPC Designer Consultants Contractor Subcontractors Client Service & Support Web Mobile APIs Information & Process Management Platform Document Management 3D Modeling Field Inspections Correspondence Registers Bidding & Tenders Workflows O&M / Deliverables Site Mobility Network Integration API Reporting & Search Infrastructure 2D & 3D Viewer Archiving Operator
19. 19 RFIs–limited accountability,visibility andtracking TIME Incomplete & Inefficient information capture Limited accountability & visibility Manual tracking, Reporting & Auditing RFI raised by initiator and emailed to Responder Review content, returns if incomplete SME Input entered and returned Response created and returned. SME Input reviewed Action Taken Update of RFI / TQ Log Decides is Subject Matter Expert input is required Creation of / addition to RFI / TQ Log
20. 20 RFIswithAconex:control,structureandvisibility Greater process control and structure Team wide visibility Trusted Delivery RFI raised by initiator and mailed to Responder Review content, returns if incomplete SME Input entered and returned Response created and returned. SME input reviewed. Action Taken Decides is Subject Matter Expert input is required TIME Typicalcycletimereductionfrom5to2days
21. 21 TIME Complete information capture Project wide visibility REQUESTOR: Creates and issues with Mail Forms APPROVER: Reviews, responds REQUESTOR: Reviews response APPROVER: Receives, approves REQUESTOR: Proceeds with changes Issues follow-up documents Process Tracking & reporting Complete audit trail Prepares Impact Assessment ChangeRequestswithAconex: fast,complete information capture TIME FUNCTIONAL LEAD: Reviews Typical cycle time reduction from 7 weeks to 1 week
22. 22 The world’s most widely-used collaboration platform for engineering & construction 500 thousand users worldwide $800 billion in projects 1.1 billion documents 48 thousand companies served 70 countries around the world 40 offices globally RTD Chiyodo BG Group Tanker Pacific Leighton Welspun Bilfinger New York City Hall Reconstruction | $100M Dubai Metro | $7.8BSydney Opera House Renovation Panama Canal Expansion | $3.2B University of Montreal Hospital | $390M Denver Airport | $544M
23. 23 Aconex: reducing approval cycle time This was a 20-minute platform demo in the live webinar To request a personal demo: aconex.com/Demo • Overview • RFIs • Submittals • Design reviews
24. 24 Process improvement with Aconex Aconex Professional Services Delivering value through customer engagements • Process Discovery Workshop • Process Mapping & Assessment • Enterprise Deployment Standards
25. 25 Featured Project: The Wroclaw West Bypass, Poland Trusted by the world’s largest projects Learn more at aconex.com/Demo With thanks to our participants from &
... (24 hours a day / 7 days ... of Social Work Examiners licensing cycle beginning September 1 of even ... CE Approval Collaborative Approval ...
... that involves multiple cycles of demineralization and ... Ten thousand Americans turn 65 every day. ... of approval extends from 7/1/2014 to 6/30 ...
The updated transcript of the September 16, 2015 Education Service Webinar is now available including ... September 29, 2015 3 ... Selected Reserve, ...
Home Announcements Top 10 New Features of Dynamics CRM 2015. ... am CDT for a 30 minute webinar. More. ... 8.1 at my personal Notebook but after 30 days ...
... upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. ... 6 days ago; 3:26. ... 30. ABC News . 43,382 views; 4 ...
APViewpoint Events are webinars that offer advisors the opportunity to gain insights on the ... Apr 29, 2015. View Webinar. ... Sept 30, 2014. View Webinar.
... it more mobile friendly and offering webinars and ... 2015 February 29, 2016 by Anne Ortelee. ... the next 28-day and two-and-a-half-year cycles.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the informational webinar about the Patient Voices Network ... to ten days . As it was not ... Patient Voices ...