Published on March 13, 2014
CRM Requirements Gathering Session 1
• The business requirements will form the basis of future projects and will determine the eventual scope. • If a ‘need’ is not raised as a requirement, the project will not know that the system must perform an action- therefore it will not be included within the scope of the project or included within the end solution. • The requirements will be base-lined at the end of the Initiate Phase. Any requirements submitted after this date will not be accepted without a change request and associated funding (where applicable). • The identified business stakeholders are responsible for ensuring that all requirements are raised during the Initiate Requirements gathering process. The Importance of Requirement Gathering
Understanding the Business
• What do you sell? • How is it sold? • How much does it cost? • Who are your ‘customers’? • Who are the ‘sellers’? • Describe your ecosystem (partners, customers, competitors) General Questions- Discussion
• What groups make up the team? What are their roles and responsibilities? Provide a brief description of the existing sales organisation. • How do the teams currently communicate and interact? • What are the strategy, goals and objectives? • What tools/ systems are currently used? How are they used? • Who currently uses these tools? • How many people use the system? • What is the experience of the user? • What projects are underway at the moment to change the current system? General Questions cont.… Discussion
• Describe your typical day. • How do you identify potential customers? • Who initiates relationships? • How do you contact customers? • Who manages relationships? • Do you track information about contacts? If so, what details are important? • Do you track information about companies? If so, what details are important? Identifying Customers- Discussion
• How do you segment your customers? • What activities/ engagements do you want to track? • What information is shared between different teams? Tracking Customer Engagements- Discussion
• What can you sell? • What if you sell something ‘new’? • Can you sell in bulk? • Can you sell across sites? • Can you sell globally? The Sales ‘Item’- Discussion
The Sales Process
• How do you forecast sales? • Describe the lifecycle of a sale? • How you turn a prospect into a customer? What are the steps, what are the activities that are needed to support this? • Do you have different processes for existing and new customers? • Do you have different processes per segment? • Is any of the sales function outsourced? Are agencies used for any of the sales function? • How do you measure sales performance? The Sales Process- Discussion
• Who can create a deal or sale? • Who needs to approve a deal or sale? • Who needs to review a deal or sale? • Who should be notified when a deal or sale is made? Sales Approvals- Discussion
• What happens once a ‘deal’ has been agreed? • How are the terms documented? • How are contracts created? • How is finance setup? • How is the invoice paid? The Purchase Process- Discussion
Management Information & Reporting
• What reports do you currently get out of the system? • What information do you not get from the system? • What information is taken from the system and shared globally? Management Information & Reporting- Discussion
Presentación que realice en el Evento Nacional de Gobierno Abierto, realizado los ...
In this presentation we will describe our experience developing with a highly dyna...
Presentation to the LITA Forum 7th November 2014 Albuquerque, NM
Un recorrido por los cambios que nos generará el wearabletech en el futuro
Um paralelo entre as novidades & mercado em Wearable Computing e Tecnologias Assis...
Over the years I have found that the biggest challenge in any CRM project is not ... Project Requirements ... , Requirements, Workshop. ...
10 techniques for gathering requirements. ... for gathering requirements is to sit down with the ... is used for the initial requirements ...
CRM Requirements Template. ... All terms used in this checklist are fully explained in J ust Enough CRM. 1 Vendor Requirements ... 5.1 Initial costs
Requirements Gathering for ... the initial requirements and prototype for ... to define functional requirements. The workshop results are ...
Information requirements gathering : ... scope creep and as such protect the initial project plan and ... to gathering requirements towards a ...
Part of preparing for requirements elicitation is identifying questions. ... >>Get the Requirements Discovery Checklist Pack.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM delivery specialists: xPAC Technology ... the Microsoft Dynamics CRM product. Extensive requirements gathering and scoping ...