Published on February 22, 2014
Submix practical Introduction to Music Production WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT
Intro Hi. My name is Lincoln, I’m from São Paulo, Brazil. I’m graphic designer and software development project manager. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A3o_Paulo_(state) 2 Introduction to Music Production - Week 3 Assignment
Assignment Purpose In this assingment I’ll be demonstrating the creation of submixes in a project using SONAR X3 Producer. https://www.cakewalk.com/products/SONAR/X3-Producer/ 3 Introduction to Music Production - Week 3 Assignment
1. Recording the tracks • Create a new project and add the desired tracks. • In this example I have two track folders: • Drums (snare, bass, tom, hi-hat) • Guitars (base and melody) It is a very good idea to properly name your folders and tracks, specially when your project grows to dozens of tracks of different instruments. 4 Introduction to Music Production - Week 3 Assignment
2. The console view • Once you’re done with the recording piece, open the console view by navigating to the main menu Views > Console View • In this view you can manage each track individualy through their respective strips and apply all the effects and faders you want. 5 Introduction to Music Production - Week 3 Assignment
3. Creating a Bus • In the console section, click the Bus submenu and select “Insert Stereo Bus”. • Always mix your Bus in stereo, it is a good idea when you want to give the listeners the sense of placement of each instrument in the space. 6 Introduction to Music Production - Week 3 Assignment
3. Creating a Bus • In my assignment project I created 2 Buses one for the drum set and the other for the guitars • The Bus strips will appear next to your recorded track strips Note that you can show/hide auxiliary strips by clicking Strips > Track Manager... in the console menu. 7 Introduction to Music Production - Week 3 Assignment
4. Assigning tracks to a Bus • Once I’m ok with the individual levels of each track I associated each of them to their respective bus • In the I/O region of the strips you can choose which submix bus you want to send the track signal to Note that, because the I/O controllers are below the track fader, the signals sent are affected by it – these are post-fader sends. 8 Introduction to Music Production - Week 3 Assignment
5. Applying effects and setting levels • Now that you have the tracks associated to the buses you can change the levels and/or apply effects to all tracks pointing to that bus at once • If you change either effects settings or the level of the bus, it will affect the source tracks pointing to it Note that because the output of the track is set to a particular bus, that bus will ultimately determine the final output of the track sound 9 Introduction to Music Production - Week 3 Assignment
Thank you That’s it for this lecture on Submixing your project using Bus tracks using SONAR X3 Producer Edition. Please let me know your feedbacks and any piece I have missed, misspelled or explained wrong so I can improve my future assingments. Thank you for your precious time reviewing this material. Hope you have enjoyed as much as I did. 10 Introduction to Music Production - Week 3 Assignment
Belief comes through hearing. In order to have belief, we must listen, but we also...
Presentation held at the Etsy Team Captain Summit in Berlin, March 14-16, 2014
Download hack tool @ http://dragoncity.cooldownloadz.com
An how-to build an inexpensive Arduino Board for 5 USD.
step by step guide on how small businesses can start payroll software in -mid-year.
CLC Trendspotting - The Technologies of Makerspaces, presented by Edward Iglesias ...
I show you how to create a submix on SONAR, ... Creating a Submix in SONAR X2 Producer ... Mixing and Mastering in Sonar X3 Pt.1 ...
No need to constantly submix your tracks ... within Addictive Drums for creating a ... SONAR X3 Producer upgrade. Addictive Drums is one of the ...
... SONAR X3 Documentation ... Combine one or more audio tracks into a submix. ... if you also have a previous version of SONAR Producer or Studio ...
SONAR X3 Studio and Producer introduces Melodyne ... No need to constantly submix your tracks or work in ... Creating Vocal Harmonies with Melodyne ...
Share Sonar x1 producer. ... Transient shaper for sculptingqdrum and other dynamic soundsGreat for creating audio for video, video gameqsoundtracks, ...
Cakewalk // Documentation // SONAR X3 // Stereo buses . Mixing Signal flow Stereo buses. Stereo buses.
â ¢ â ¢ â ¢ â ¢ â ¢ Sonar X1 Producer More Images Product Description Sonar X1 Producer has everything needed to deliver the polished, ...