Published on September 21, 2015
1. . ‘I? -. v. 'i IFi; l»'l‘ : a’iT'gu: i $5515-' _-'1 ; ﬂs1:I'-I J'; aI'sﬁ. '~_ '‘ Ways To Save ForThe Childirth
2. 1. Request Gift Cards, Not Gifts. For your baby shower, ask for gift cards to big box stores or even Visa gift cards you can use anywhere. They're great for groceries, putting together a hospital bag, baby bag, or unexpected costs that may emerge. That expensive baby swing your best friend bought? Your baby may not even like it. When you get gift cards. you can purchase the necessities and not have to worry about returning gifts.
3. 2. Put Your Insurance Company On Speed Dial. When you schedule your prenatal appointment, ask your doctor for a checklist of tests and procedures. Then, call your insurance and go through that checklist to make sure it's all covered. $32.09.? » $1.586 Cost Of Average cost Cost for Deﬁvery with of vaginal birth ouboﬁgzzakgei vaginal birth Employer-Based $51,125 Costs In 2010 $1,948 Health Insurance Average cost Cost for of Cesarean birth Cesarean birth Your insurance may also cover other costs related to childbirth. For example, if you want to breastfeed, you may be able to get a breast pump covered. Sources: Truven Health Analytics, 2010; US Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
4. 3. Know Your Out-Of-Pocket Costs. When you talk to your insurance provider, make sure you clearly understand what you can expect to pay out of pocket. Is a third ultrasound covered? How about a waterbirth? Are prenatal massages covered? Sites like OkCopay have a database of certified healthcare clinicians for the best price available. Beware of elective procedures, such as: ) Getting unnecessarily induced two to three weeks early ) Opting for a C-section for fear of a vaginal birth Source: American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists ) Scheduling a C-section for a specific birth date
5. 4. Reduce Your Hospital Time. As soon as you walk in the hospital, the charges could start. Just in case some of those charges aren't covered, delay going to the hospital until you're sure it's time. If you're not high risk, then ask your doctor if you can stay home until your water breaks—un| ess you have a scheduled C-section or other medical need where you have to go sooner.
6. 5. Consider A Birthing Center. A birthing center is part of a healthcare system but offers a more homey feeling. Birthing centers offer family-focused care for women before pregnancy, during labor, and after birth. Birthing centers were designed for safety, sensitivity to a family's needs, and cost efficiency. Source: American Association of Birth Centers
7. 6. Stay Healthy Before And During Pregnancy. Before you get pregnant, it's imperative that you get healthy and stay that way throughout your pregnancy. Women who are overweight and obese are at an increased risk for pregnancy complications. Complications mean bills. Complications during pregnancy due to excessive weight include: ) Gestational diabetes ) Hypertension > Preeclampsla > Cesarean delivery Q ) Postpartum weight retention Source: American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
8. 7. Consider A Midwife. If you're not high risk, you may consider having an at-home birth with a midwife. Midwives are healthcare professionals who provide many medical services, such as: ) Gynecological exams ) Prescriptions ) Contraceptives ) Labor and delivery Source: American Pregnancy Association
9. Consider A Midwife. (continued) Midwives are commonly known for their expertise with labor, delivery, and after-birth care. They go through comprehensive training and pass a test to become certified. An added bonus is that midwives offer multiple payment options, including payment plans, sliding scale fees, and are willing to accept most insurance plans like Medicaid Source: American Pregnancy Association
NEXT Article 15 Ways to Save Money on ... covers childbirth costs, ... are in terms of how much it costs to raise a baby. Learn some ways to ...
The best way to start saving on your electricity costs is to get ... 7. Unplug unused ... You'll reduce the heat in your home and save on your home cooling ...
Home > Pregnancy > What Pregnancy Really Costs. ... Here are some other ways to save on pregnancy costs: Call your insurance company right away.
Heres how to save money on groceries, ... Nelson says a type of cheese sold in the deli department might cost more than the same type ... 7 ways to save ...
WebMD breaks down the costs of normal ... significantly higher than the actual cost, you have some room to potentially save." ... ways to do it naturally? ...
7 Ways to Save Money When Your Cost of Living Is High By Paul Sisolak | May 26, 2016 ...
Top baby costs, and how to save. En español . ... Way to save: Many first-time ... The 7 money mistakes young families make.
Check out these 10 easy ways to save money in this article from howstuffworks.com. NOW; Adventure; ... By finding ways to lower your everyday costs, ...
Save your medicine, ... Vaginal delivery is the most common and safest type of childbirth. ... Are there ways to do it naturally?
Natural childbirth is a "low-tech" way of giving birth by letting nature take its course. This may include: going through labor and delivery without the ...