Published on March 4, 2014
Title goes here Content that Connects
About me • Longtime journalist • Digital retread • Father of 3
First things first Print is not dead … I’m not dead yet!
But the crisis is real
The Google challenge
Reader habits are changing • Active not passive – Sharing – Commenting – Participating • Love their mobile devices – 87% of moms use smartphones – 42% of moms say smartphones are their device of choice for information – 34% of U.S. homes have tablets • Curation over brand loyalty – 100 million Flipboard users
Many sources competing for moms’ attention
How to stay in the game? • • • • Become more relevant Make an emotional connection Innovate around the edges Medicate heavily
15 ways to create content that connects
1. Build a blog network A roster of regular contributors can: • Extend your reach • Fill gaps in your coverage
Local experts • Teachers • Medical professionals •Lawyers •Non-profit pros
Advertisers* • Local businesses – Healthcare facilities – Dining/entertainment – After-school programs • National brands – Consumer goods companies – Adoption agencies – Financial services firms *See you at 10:45!
2. Create personality • Beyond the byline • Photos • Bios • “featured authors” • Build personal brands • Grow fans and followers
3. Get even nichier • Use Google Trends to discover what people in your region are searching for • Create micro-audience segments – ‘Mature’ first-time moms – Millennial dads – Special needs children • Nurture sub-brands to help them grow – Opportunities for sponsorships / underwriting
4. Practice ‘newsjacking’ • Use curation to localize national topics • Demonstrates currency and relevancy
5. Embrace visual storytelling • Americans watched 48.7 billion online videos in January
Free/low-cost tools • TouchCast • Wibbitz, Gui.de
6. Host a Google Hangout • Easy to set up • Record & publish on • Up to 10 participants YouTube or website
7. Turn data into content • Make your directories: – Searchable – Sortable – Cutomizable – PDFs: Just say no
Interactive directories • Rankings • Local directories – schools, activities • Gift guides / with e-commerce integration
Data visualization • Use public data • Free tools available
8. Add a few engagement widgets to your website • Social sharing • Commenting tools
9. Create ‘appointment programming’
10. Think mobile • Mobile web traffic rising sharply • 40% of all mobile searches are performed with a local intent
Moms love mobile
11. Use social media the way it’s meant to be used Interactivity Content creation / curation Crowdsourcing
12. Capture everything! • Post as you go – Digital first, then print – Quotes from interviews – Stats from research • ‘Skin the pig’ – Repurpose across channels • Record interviews for podcasts • Post videos/photos from events on social media • Curate Facebook posts into blog posts or print articles
13. Rethink your newsletter • Optimize for mobile (responsive design) • Experiment with frequency • Subdivide into niche topics
14. Create an eBook • Repurposed archives • Mobile-friendly • Revenue opportunity
15. Build a publishing ecosystem Print magazine Events Mobile Your brand Social media eMail Website
15 ways to create content that connects 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. Build a blog network Create personality Get even nichier Practice ‘newsjacking’ Embrace visual storytelling Host a Google Hangout Turn data into content Add a few engagement widgets to your website Create ‘appointment programming’ Think mobile Use social media the way it’s meant to be used Capture everything! Rethink your newsletter Create an eBook Build a publishing ecosystem
Thank You • Email: email@example.com • Twitter: @roboregan • LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/roboregan
Content Connects Content Connects is a New Delhi, India based content writing, content sales, marketing (Text, images, videos and multimedia content) and ...
Longtime journalist Pamela Coyle leads Nashville content strategy agency that creates in tech content for web, social media, email, white papers and more.
Content Connects team has been wonderful to work with, whenever I need fresh content, all I do is to dial their number!
All materials are yours to keep and share with team members, outside developers, designers, etc. You have no obligation to use the services of Content ...
Connects2 offer a range of ... The SmartDAB FM connects to your smartphone to give ... our magazine provides a wealth of content to keep you up to date ...
1 Antwort zu "Content Connects – die Content Strategy Forum Conference kommt nach Frankfurt"
Connectar is a Connect-platform for augmented reality that will help organizations and individuals to connect their content-system tot existing AR ...
Die Prenzlschwäbin Artist Booking, Social Media, Content Solutions. Single Edit; Column Edit; MEHR PACIFIC. Xing — LinkedIn — Instagram
Its purpose is to allow participating ISPs the ability to manage the flow of Netflix content across their networks. Open Connect. ... Netflix Open Connect.