Published on June 22, 2016
1. Jeff Hino, Learning Technology Leader Gail Wells, Public Issues Education Leader Extension & Experiment Station Communications Content Strategy: Bringing Feng Shui To Your Content Closet
2. Content Strategy guides the creation, delivery, and governance of your content.
3. Content Strategy guides the creation, delivery, and governance of your content. It offers a possible way to connect audience needs, organizational goals, distribution, customer relations, workflow, and marketing.
4. Steps In Creating A Content Strategy •Discovery •Alignment •Audit •Analysis •Strategy •People
5. Why a Content Strategy? •Shift to digital from print •Erosion of traditional gatekeeper roles •Diffuse and decentralized content ownership •Shift from linear to circular management cycle •Shifting away from one-off deliverables •Aligning communication with outreach goals •Competition from for-profit content marketers
6. What a Content Strategy ISN’T…
7. How It All Started For Us…
9. Content Audit •An inventory of content across all channels •Reveals content ecosystem •What to keep, update or remove
10. Content Audit Types •Quantitative •Qualitative •Qualitative with Strategic Assessment
11. Our First Content Audit
12. Governance •Who? •How? •What content?
13. Challenges •Fear •Local control •Energy •Process •Clarity •Integrating storage
14. Where We Are Now •Discovery •Alignment •Audit •Analysis •Strategy •People
15. The Future? •Near Outcomes •Far-out(comes)
16. The Future? •Near Outcomes •Clearer understanding of our content •Identify content gaps •More nimble
17. The Future?
18. The Future? •Far-out(comes) • Format-free content • Full involvement of administration • On-demand content audit dashboards • Content marketing
19. What Can You Do Now? •Have a long-term perspective •Start small •Engage with all content makers •Patience, persistence, and NO perfectionism
20. Best Practices •Work out loud •Do your homework •Sell it •Start simple •Elevator speech •Look for small victories •Learn from others
21. Discussion and Questions
22. Jeff Hino, Learning Technology Leader Jeff.firstname.lastname@example.org Gail Wells, Public Issues Education Leader Gail.email@example.com Extension & Experiment Station Communications Thank you!
23. “Because It’s All Content” Blues
24. So you open your content closet, & it needs a little feng shui, When you can’t even get inside it, cause the mess gets in the way! Chorus: You’ve got to face all that clutter. You’ve got to try to make a dent. You’ve got to tame that chaos, Because it’s ALL content. You gotta think about your user, if she can’t find what she needs, You know she won’t have any patience, she’ll just leave you in the weeds, (chorus)
25. You gotta wrangle all those pieces, for the sake of that constituent. You gotta see the big picture…Because it’s ALL content. You got your stories & pubs &photos, you got your videos & 3-Ds, You got your apps & blogs & fact sheets, & your pickle recipes. You’ve got to face all that clutter. You’ve got to try to make a dent. You’ve got to tame that chaos, Because it’s ALL content. You know, it’s all communication, and it’s how our time is spent. So let’s all be strategic….Because it’s ALL content!
View 25183 Feng Shui posts, ... Professional Speaker at Global Palace of Feng ... Content Strategy: Bringing Feng Shui to Your Content Closet. ...
Bringing Digital Feng Shui To Your Brand CMO EXCLUSIVES ... Does your brand have digital Feng Shui? ... and content. Is there too much or ...
52 - Content Strategy: Bringing Feng Shui To Your Content Closet (Jeff Hino & Gail Wells) STC-Explorers-SS 53 - Checklist for Improved Global Visual
When you think of Feng Shui, ... Skip to content. ... How to Reignite Your Sparkle; Good Body Products Healing Salves; Close;
“Instead of energy or “chi” flow in your body, feng shui is said to improve the flow of ... along with the closet. ... with content hand-picked by ...
Feng Shui Your Desk Decoration / desk decor / pretty desk / inspiration room ... Would anybody make fun of me for bringing a pillow into the ...
Here are a few Basic Feng Shui Tips. Sign up Log in. Pinterest • The world’s catalog of ideas. Explore Energy Feng, ... Charge your water with Feng Shui.
Agenda; Agenda. Download a ... Putting Together A Measurement Dashboard Your Boss Will Love ... Content Strategy: Bringing Feng Shui to Your Content Closet ...
Try these feng shui principles in your bedroom ... organizing your closet will help give you ... A common feng shui strategy is to choose art and ...