Published on November 30, 2016
1. Information about content marketing from statistics to ideas for marketers to use.
2. Table of Contents: PageTitle: Page Number: Content Marketing Statistics: 3 Overview 4 Usage & Effectiveness 23 Marketing Metrics: 37 Effective Strategy Creation: 57 ContentCreation: 63 ContentGoals 64 Types of Content to Create 70 Creation Steps 97 How to Create Content 104 Content Readability: 132 PageTitle: Page Number: Social Media: 150 IdealWord Count 151 RepurposingContent 159 Best Practices: 168 Top Practices 169 Pros & Cons 181 Tips 186 Trends 193 Content Marketing Ideas 199 Content Success 213 Work Cited: 229
3. Content Creation Steps: Compiled byAuthor: socialmediadd.com 1 2 3 4 5
4. Content Creation Steps: Research: 1: Look for industry-relevant subject matter Use online tools to maximize your efforts Find out the most-shared type of content Aim for popular & current subjects Compiled byAuthor: socialmediadd.com
5. Content Creation Steps: Ideas: Can you come at the data in a new way? Can you produce something unique? Find the best way of presenting the data Use blog posts, videos or infographics Compiled byAuthor: socialmediadd.com 2:
6. Content Creation Steps: Placement: Create a list of possible placement sites Try & aim as high as you can Try & highlight the target audience Start your outreach as early as you can Compiled byAuthor: socialmediadd.com 3:
7. Content Creation Steps: Creation: Don’t rush to get the content finished Try & draw in readers as early as possible Include high quality outbound links Explain things- be as helpful as you can Compiled byAuthor: socialmediadd.com 4:
8. Content Creation Steps: Promotion: Don’t ignore the content once published Use as many promotion avenues as you can Build strong links to your content Reach out to influencers in your industry Compiled byAuthor: socialmediadd.com 5:
9. How to Create Content: Articles & Case Studies Difficulty Level: 31% Infographics Difficulty Level: 34% Videos Difficulty Level: 59% VisualContent Difficulty Level: 24% White Papers & Research Difficulty Level: 50% Compiled byAuthor: zencontent.com White papers & research are the most time consuming platform with 50% difficulty level Least time consuming is visual content with only a 24% difficulty level Content Difficulty Level:
10. How to Create Content: 30% Agency/ Consultant 32% PR/ Communications 36% Subject Matter Experts 39% Product Marketing 53% Corporate Marketing Compiled byAuthor: adweek.com Areas Responsible for Creating Content:
11. How to Create Content: Blog Industry News Infographics Long Form Journalism SocialVideo User- Generated Content Viral Content White Papers Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com
12. How to Create Content: Blogs: How to- Discuss topics that matter to the industry Aim at a specific target audience Only be as technical as the audience requires Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com
13. How to Create Content: Include: Strong Examples Consistency Industry Knowledge Blogs have to be interesting, useful & easily digestible with no more than 400 to 800 words Blogs: Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com
14. How to Create Content: Most Popular Blog: Huffington Post with 110 million monthly users Best Content Marketing Blogs: Copyblogger Contently Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com Best Blogging Companies: 67% of marketers have success with blog posts & articles
15. How to Create Content: White Papers: How to- A way to share detailed information Allows you to show your understanding of your niche Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com
16. How to Create Content: Include: Rich, In- Depth Information Clear, Concise Presentation Your strong point is the information you have to offer your audience White Papers: Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com
17. How to Create Content: The Content Marketing Institute: Frequently publishes informative & in-depth guides on everything related to the industry White Paper using Company: Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com These are the #1 content format for B2B buyers
18. Work Cited: • "12 Creative #ContentMarketing IdeasThat Don." Lifehack RSS. N.p., n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.lifehack.org/416267/12-creative- contentmarketing-ideas-that-dont-require-a-blog-infographic?ref=pp> • "12 #ContentMarketingTrendsThatWill Dominate 2016 - #Infographic." Digital information world. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2016/01/infographic-content-marketing-predictions-12-trends-for-2016.html>. • "5 Content MarketingTips for 2016." SlideShare. N.p., 22 Dec. 2015.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.slideshare.net/CiceronHQ/5-content-marketing- tips-to-stand-out-in-2016-infographic>. • “ 6 Steps to Creating Great Content Guide and Infographic. SocialMediadd. N.p., n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.socialmediadd.com/content- creation-infographic-guide_a/374.htm>. • B2B Content Marketing: 2016 Benchmarks, Budgets andTrends. 2016. Content Marketing Institute, Marketingprfs, Brightcove. PDF. 25 August 2016. <http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/2016_B2B_Report_Final.pdf>. • "BuildingYour 2016 Content Strategy - ZenContent." ZenContent. N.p., 12 Feb. 2016.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://zencontent.com/2016/02/13/building- your-2016-content-strategy/>. • "ContentMarketingTips: 10 Fundamentals Of ReadableContent - #infographic." Digital Information World. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2015/10/infographic-10-fundamentals-of-readable-content.html>. • DeMers, Jayson. "The 7 Basic PrinciplesThat DictateContent Marketing Success." The Huffington Post.TheHuffingtonPost.com, n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jayson-demers/the-7-basic-principles- th_b_11432784.html?utm_content=buffere49b2&%3Butm_medium=social&%3Butm_source=linkedin.com&%3Butm_campaign=buffer>. • Deshpande, Pawan. "29 Essential Content Marketing Metrics." The Huffington Post.TheHuffingtonPost.com, n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pawan-deshpande/29-essential-content-mark_b_7784822.html>. • “Dos and Don'ts of B2B Content Marketing." The Content Standard by Skyword. N.p., 13Aug. 2014.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.skyword.com/contentstandard/marketing/the-dos-and-donts-of-b2b-content-marketing/>. • "Do's and Dont's of Content Marketing." Visually. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://visual.ly/dos-and-donts-content-marketing>.
19. Work Cited: • "Expert AdviceOn DevelopingAn Effective Content Marketing Strategy."Expert Advice On Developing An Effective Content Marketing Strategy. N.p., n.d. Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2015/04/developing-a-content-strategy.html>. • "How Much ShouldYour Content Marketing Really Cost?" Brian Honigman. N.p., 28 July 2015.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.brianhonigman.com/true-content-marketing-cost/>. • “IdealWord Counts for Social Media Posts [Infographic]." MarketingProfs. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016.<http://www.marketingprofs.com/chirp/2016/29671/the-ideal-word-counts-for-social-media-posts-infographic>. • "INFOGRAPHIC:The Secret to Content Marketing." SocialTimes. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/infographic-the- secret-to-content-marketing/619639>. • Meldey, Norma. "PROS ANDCONS OF CONTENT MARKETING." LinkedIn. N.p., 5Oct. 2015.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/pros- cons-content-marketing-norma-medley>. • “Mixology of Content Marketing - #Infographic." The Mixology of Content Marketing - #Infographic. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2015/10/infographic-the-mixology-of-content-marketing.html>. • Montini, Laura. "The StaggeringCost of Content Marketing (Infographic)."Inc.com. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.inc.com/laura- montini/infographic/how-much-marketing-really-costs.html>. • "SCALEYOUR CONTENT MARKETINGTOGROW LEADSAND REVENUE."Content Curation & Content Marketing Platform. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.curata.com/>. • “What ContentTypes ShouldYou Create? [Infographic]." MarketingProfs. N.p., n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.marketingprofs.com/chirp/2016/29204/what-content-types-should-you-create-infographic>. • "What Is Content Marketing?" Content Marketing Institute. N.p., n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/what-is-content- marketing/>.
20. Contact Us for the Full Presentation: Mediacontact USA Inc. 13575 58TH Street North #160 Clearwater, Fl. 33760 T: 727 538 4112 E: firstname.lastname@example.org www.mediacontactusa.com