Published on November 10, 2016
1. Information about content marketing from statistics to ideas for marketers to use.
2. Table of Contents: PageTitle: Page Number: Content Marketing Statistics: 3 Overview 4 Usage & Effectiveness 23 Marketing Metrics: 37 Effective Strategy Creation: 57 ContentCreation: 63 ContentGoals 64 Types of Content to Create 70 Creation Steps 97 How to Create Content 104 Content Readability: 132 PageTitle: Page Number: Social Media: 150 IdealWord Count 151 RepurposingContent 159 Best Practices: 168 Top Practices 169 Pros & Cons 181 Tips 186 Trends 193 Content Marketing Ideas 199 Content Success 213 Work Cited: 229
3. Strategy Creation: Things to Consider when Making a Content Marketing Strategy: 1. Determine where you need to invest to in order to compete within your market 2. Make the case for the business to invest in this strategy 3. Integrate your content marketing strategy with your business goals 4. Set these goals & link to a reasonable ROI by using analytics
4. Strategy Creation: Competitive Audit Device Editorial Calendar Formats Gaps in Coverage Interest Overlap Interest Velocity Search Terms Target Intenders Topics of Interest Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com Consider the Following When Building a Content Marketing Strategy:
5. Strategy Creation: Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com Competitive Audit: Audit your content first See how you compare to the top five sites in your brand niche Device: You need to consider where consumers will view your content: desktop, mobile or tablets Editorial Calendar: Document you content plan from objectives to seasonality & promotions Look at typical traffic dips & highs
6. Strategy Creation: Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com Formats: Based on KPI’s: For more engagement make visuals, For more time on sites you should focus on quizzes Gaps in Coverage: Brands need to be mindful the disparity between what you think consumers are interested in & what they are really interested in Interest Overlap: This explains how consumers interact with the content outside of your brand Interest Velocity: Illustrates when a certain topic will peak for your consumers
7. Strategy Creation: Compiled byAuthor: digitalinformationworld.com SearchTerms: Overlay topics of interest They have search terms based on your brands KPI’s Target Intenders: They are the core of strategies They have interacted with your brand They come to you as potential customer Topics of Interest: The desired content topics They relate to your brand
8. Content Marketing Goals: Lead Generation Sales Lead Nurturing Brand Awareness Engagement Customer Retention Creating Advocates Upsell or Cross- sell Top Goals Marketers Want to Achieve by Using Content Marketing: Compiled byAuthor: contentmarketinginstitute.com
9. Content Marketing Goals: Enterprise Marketers Engagement Sales Lead Generation First Steps of Program Sales Lead Generation Most Important Goals for the FollowingType of Marketer Compiled byAuthor: contentmarketinginstitute.com
10. Content Marketing Goals: IdentifyGoals: Define Objectives Specify Details Set a Schedule Start Measuring StrategizetoReachGoals: Select Social Media Channels Plan for Consistent Content Keep an Eye on Trends Optimize for Mobile Engagement Document Everything Compiled byAuthor: zencontent.com
11. Content Marketing Goals: Define Objectives: • Within broader goals, define objectives that can be given to the marketing team • They should be measurable so the progress & success are easy to track Specify Details: • Create a plan of action for each defined objective • Have a clear strategy for how to accomplish the objectives Set a Schedule: • Make a long term schedule for each goal • Produce short term schedules for objectives that will help you reach broader goals over time Start Measuring: • Decide which tools & methods team members should use to measure progress & success Look at your audience & choose broad, long term goals, such as increased time spent on the site, boosted sales & higher engagement Identify Goals: Compiled byAuthor: zencontent.com
12. Content Marketing Goals: Select Social Media Channels: • Different social media outlets are used depending on the message & who you’d like to reach Plan for Consistent Content: • Posting new, frequent & unique content maintains your brand & audience interest • When marketers focus on blogging they are 13 times more likely to see a positive ROI for the content Keep an Eye on Trends: • 77% of marketers feel confident using data to back their strategies & plans • Using data is a great way to predict where you’re strategy needs to go next Optimize for Mobile Engagement: • 87% of millennials keep their smartphones close to them • Not optimizing a website for mobile can be detrimental to a campaign Document Everything: • Keeping records of everything can double a businesses ROI To achieve marketing goals, choose which tactics will work best based on audience behaviors & identified objectives Strategize to Reach Goals: Compiled byAuthor: zencontent.com
13. Type of Content to Create: Expert Content Branded Content User Content Compiled byAuthor: zencontent.com ContentVariety:
14. Type of Content to Create: Compiled byAuthor: zencontent.com Expert Content: Is created by people that are knowledgeable on the subject matter like bloggers Includes articles, research reports & case studies from other websites Branded Content: Uses content that brands produce themselves Includes buying guides, blog posts & infographics User Content: Pertains to user & audience-generated content Includes product reviews, podcasts & video testimonials Expert content boosts buying decisions more than user reviews by 83% ContentVariety:
15. Type of Content to Create: Most Effective ContentTypes: Compiled byAuthor: zencontent.com
16. Type of Content to Create: Articles Blogs Case Studies E-Books E-Newsletter Infographics Podcasts Quizzes Videos Visual Content for Social Media White Papers Compiled byAuthor: marketingprofs.com
17. Type of Content to Create: • Helpful & informative lessons are introducedWhat: • Search rankings, & thought leadershipBenefits: • Post on Company websites & guest postsWhere: • Low to moderate (often priced per length)Outsourcing Costs: • Low difficultyDifficulty: Articles Information: They address issues your audience faces with an objective writing style Compiled byAuthor: marketingprofs.com
18. Type of Content to Create: Address common problems ArticlesTips: Compiled byAuthor: marketingprofs.com
19. Type of Content to Create: • Deep educational contentWhat: • Thought leadershipBenefits: • Offers on key page: often need to fill out a formWhere: • HighOutsourcing Costs: • Time & research-intensiveDifficulty: White Paper Information: They are a good fit for complex product categories Compiled byAuthor: marketingprofs.com
20. Type of Content to Create: Include research White PaperTips: Compiled byAuthor: marketingprofs.com
21. Work Cited: • "12 Creative #ContentMarketing IdeasThat Don." Lifehack RSS. N.p., n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.lifehack.org/416267/12-creative- contentmarketing-ideas-that-dont-require-a-blog-infographic?ref=pp> • "12 #ContentMarketingTrendsThatWill Dominate 2016 - #Infographic." Digital information world. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2016/01/infographic-content-marketing-predictions-12-trends-for-2016.html>. • "5 Content MarketingTips for 2016." SlideShare. N.p., 22 Dec. 2015.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.slideshare.net/CiceronHQ/5-content-marketing- tips-to-stand-out-in-2016-infographic>. • “ 6 Steps to Creating Great Content Guide and Infographic. SocialMediadd. N.p., n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.socialmediadd.com/content- creation-infographic-guide_a/374.htm>. • B2B Content Marketing: 2016 Benchmarks, Budgets andTrends. 2016. Content Marketing Institute, Marketingprfs, Brightcove. PDF. 25 August 2016. <http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/2016_B2B_Report_Final.pdf>. • "BuildingYour 2016 Content Strategy - ZenContent." ZenContent. N.p., 12 Feb. 2016.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://zencontent.com/2016/02/13/building- your-2016-content-strategy/>. • "ContentMarketingTips: 10 Fundamentals Of ReadableContent - #infographic." Digital Information World. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2015/10/infographic-10-fundamentals-of-readable-content.html>. • DeMers, Jayson. "The 7 Basic PrinciplesThat DictateContent Marketing Success." The Huffington Post.TheHuffingtonPost.com, n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jayson-demers/the-7-basic-principles- th_b_11432784.html?utm_content=buffere49b2&%3Butm_medium=social&%3Butm_source=linkedin.com&%3Butm_campaign=buffer>. • Deshpande, Pawan. "29 Essential Content Marketing Metrics." The Huffington Post.TheHuffingtonPost.com, n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pawan-deshpande/29-essential-content-mark_b_7784822.html>. • “Dos and Don'ts of B2B Content Marketing." The Content Standard by Skyword. N.p., 13Aug. 2014.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.skyword.com/contentstandard/marketing/the-dos-and-donts-of-b2b-content-marketing/>. • "Do's and Dont's of Content Marketing." Visually. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://visual.ly/dos-and-donts-content-marketing>.
22. Work Cited: • "Expert AdviceOn DevelopingAn Effective Content Marketing Strategy."Expert Advice On Developing An Effective Content Marketing Strategy. N.p., n.d. Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2015/04/developing-a-content-strategy.html>. • "How Much ShouldYour Content Marketing Really Cost?" Brian Honigman. N.p., 28 July 2015.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.brianhonigman.com/true-content-marketing-cost/>. • “IdealWord Counts for Social Media Posts [Infographic]." MarketingProfs. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016.<http://www.marketingprofs.com/chirp/2016/29671/the-ideal-word-counts-for-social-media-posts-infographic>. • "INFOGRAPHIC:The Secret to Content Marketing." SocialTimes. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/infographic-the- secret-to-content-marketing/619639>. • Meldey, Norma. "PROS ANDCONS OF CONTENT MARKETING." LinkedIn. N.p., 5Oct. 2015.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/pros- cons-content-marketing-norma-medley>. • “Mixology of Content Marketing - #Infographic." The Mixology of Content Marketing - #Infographic. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2015/10/infographic-the-mixology-of-content-marketing.html>. • Montini, Laura. "The StaggeringCost of Content Marketing (Infographic)."Inc.com. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.inc.com/laura- montini/infographic/how-much-marketing-really-costs.html>. • "SCALEYOUR CONTENT MARKETINGTOGROW LEADSAND REVENUE."Content Curation & Content Marketing Platform. N.p., n.d.Web. 25Aug. 2016. <http://www.curata.com/>. • “What ContentTypes ShouldYou Create? [Infographic]." MarketingProfs. N.p., n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://www.marketingprofs.com/chirp/2016/29204/what-content-types-should-you-create-infographic>. • "What Is Content Marketing?" Content Marketing Institute. N.p., n.d.Web. 25 Aug. 2016. <http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/what-is-content- marketing/>.
23. Contact Us for the Full Presentation: Mediacontact USA Inc. 13575 58TH Street North #160 Clearwater, Fl. 33760 T: 727 538 4112 E: firstname.lastname@example.org www.mediacontactusa.com
Branded content creation (much like any kind of content creation) is about informing your audience. In order to do that, you need to have ...
Understanding Content Marketing Part 3 digitalsherpas. Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe 191 191. ... 7:34. Leonardo Francisco Fichera 65,092 ...
... chances are your business is already using content marketing as part of ... The Top 7 Content Marketing ... 3. Mobile Content Marketing ...
In week 3 of the Content Marketing Strategy Series, you will discover the value and importance of hosting Live Events. By Daphne J. Bousquet
The idea of content marketing is to attract and retain customers ... and curating relevant and valuable content. Make it part of your marketing ...
Content Marketing Institute ... Do You Operate in a Social Media Bubble? 3 Questions to Ask. ... What is Intelligent Content? 75 Content Marketing Examples;
... The Top 7 Content Marketing Trends ... B2B marketers now use content marketing as part of ... 3. Mobile Content Marketing will ...
Content marketing is an effective strategy for ... Guide Part 3: How to Execute a ... in unique site traffic is 7.8 times higher for content ...
This Stylized PowerPoint Video series explores the what, why and how of a Content Marketing Strategy. Part 1 introduces the reasoning behind content marketing.
Content Marketing –Part I. Lesson 7